Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • He hits hard, but it's only ever a mikiri countered lunge, or a swipe which you can jump over. I found the real battle there was with the environment. The steps don't help and the play area is quite small for a fight with an enemy with a large ranged weapon.
  • For some reason you don't fall off the steps at the side unless you jump off so it was easy to end up being cornered and hammered when you wanted to fall back. 
    Now on to snake eyes which is apparently another optional boss to run past.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Surprised by the comments in this thread. Picked this up a few weeks back and it's awesome. Plenty of amazing boss fights, the usual incredible interweaving world design, great combat system. No-one does it like From. Another 10/10 from them.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Until you get to one of the impossibly hard bastard fucking bosses. I was finding almost every boss to be at the level of Dark Souls'/Elden Ring's most difficult and then above that. I gave up at headless monkey cunt.
  • Yeah, people seem split on this one, but i'm in the love it camp.
  • It’s in my top 3 From games. Definitely a 10/10. Will swap this, Bloodborne and Elden Ring around in ranking depending on which day you ask me and my mood.

Not sure who has been saying anything but how amazing the game is without me reading earlier posts, but they are very clearly wrong.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's the best combat in any game, bar none.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Meh
  • Muzzy is shit and didn’t finish it confirmed
  • Kow wrote:
    Until you get to one of the impossibly hard bastard fucking bosses. I was finding almost every boss to be at the level of Dark Souls'/Elden Ring's most difficult and then above that. I gave up at headless monkey cunt.

Took me a few attempts, but I beat him a while back. Found his 2nd phase to be quite easy to read, but you need to have your parry game down to get the main opening on him. 1st phase - firecrackers.

hylian_elf wrote:
    It’s in my top 3 From games. Definitely a 10/10. Will swap this, Bloodborne and Elden Ring around in ranking depending on which day you ask me and my mood. Not sure who has been saying anything but how amazing the game is without me reading earlier posts, but they are very clearly wrong.

Word! Gonna go back and read your earlier posts. Sekiro feels like a great companion piece to Bloodborne. Can't wait for the next game of this ilk where they stray from the fantasy route.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    voices wrote:
    It's the best combat in any game, bar none.

It is. But the game is shit.
  • I prefer the combat in both Nioh 2 and Wo Long.
  • Owl is down. Naughty Dad!
  • That’s the one I stopped at, got to the second phase and that was it - I’m too old for games like this, especially when there no online co-op or ways of bringing in npc’s to help
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    That’s the one I stopped at, got to the second phase and that was it - I’m too old for games like this, especially when there no online co-op or ways of bringing in npc’s to help

Yeah. Defo feels like a game where if I was to put it down for a few days due to being stuck, then I might not pick it up again. That happened to me with one of the old Ninja Gaiden games.
  • And we are done. That was a pretty tough final boss! I spent a while putting it off and scouring for additional prayer beads but in the end just got my head down and slowly learnt his rythyms until I had his first 2 phases down to a tee.

I did get to the point where i took a peek at some online vids for strategy on Ishins final phases (seemed there were a few) and generally I adopted the run away constantly and wait for a cheap hit approach.

Anyway. Amazing game with some absolutely all-timer boss battles. I never got bored of the combat even though there are hardly any moves. Laser focussed. 10/10.
  • Yessssss my man. What a game!
  • Started NG+ and just wrecking everyone at start is fun. Not sure I will do another play through just yet though, although keen to see another ending.
  • I recommend doing a save before the fight with Owl to get the Shura Ending, and wholeheartedly recommend doing the Purification Ending, as some of the alternate bosses in those endings are utterly incredible tests of skill.
  • I looked up the endings and a couple of them looked a bit faffy. Is Purification easy enough to achieve? I just need to trigger the right NPC actions I think and then have the right item in my possession by end game?

Shura looks easy enough.
  • Yeah, it’s easily doable. Just follow the guides, everything should click.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Might have another go at some point, in 60fps
  • 60fps support was what made me pick it up. Can’t imagine this combat without a high frame rate.
  • Back on this nonsense with a fresh save. After my Bloodborne run I must admit I'm being much more aggressive and it's paying off. I've still got a lot of the same complaints. I'm never going to forgive a game that makes you play through two phases of a fight when you have taken out the first one. the run ups have been ok, and I'm taking on the enemies avoiding the cheesing and it makes for a much more satisfying game. 
    EDIT:
    There really is nothing much that touches Fromsoft's output.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Elden Ring is by FromSoft.
  • I've said it before, but the issue with this game and From's other output is they're defined by letting the player approach it how they please, whereas Sekiro is very much - play it this way or fail. It's still amazing, but only if you can fit within the 'this way' groove.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Elden Ring is by FromSoft.
    I knew what I meant.  There's nothing I want to touch from other software houses.
  • Ah, yes.  Agree, they've become one of my topmost devs, alongside Nintendo and Platinum (and whatever Ueda has done or will do).
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I've said it before, but the issue with this game and From's other output is they're defined by letting the player approach it how they please, whereas Sekiro is very much - play it this way or fail. It's still amazing, but only if you can fit within the 'this way' groove.
    I think if you went from Elden Ring to this you would probably bin it off within a few days. It's very unforgiving with the combat.
  • That's Lady Butterfly down. What an interesting fun fight that was.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!