Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Yeah. I'm not going to get this. It has the makings of a top tier Lady Maria type fight, but three fucking stages are too much. shame really. I was enjoying the world and the story but 8 hours on the same boss is some Fume Knight level bullshit. I've tried parrying in his face, I've tried slow and methodical and when I'm at lightning boy, I'm on the bones of my arse every single time. Everytime I have a good run, I seem to be caught out and I've honestly got better things to do with my time. Pity.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yeah, it's not worth it. I got through that by doing as much of the other areas as I could up to that point and upgrading as much as possible. I don't know how much you've explored, but there is quite a lot you can do before you actually have to do that fight.

Even then though, other bosses are just as bad. It's incredibly tedious. I beat the last boss in the end by watching a detailed guide first.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I keep telling myself I'll go back and beat that headless ape bastard but really I probably won't. I couldn't do it when I had the controls down, so now that I haven't played since it came out there's fat chance I could beat him.
  • JonB wrote:
    Yeah, it's not worth it. I got through that by doing as much of the other areas as I could up to that point and upgrading as much as possible. I don't know how much you've explored, but there is quite a lot you can do before you actually have to do that fight.

Even then though, other bosses are just as bad. It's incredibly tedious. I beat the last boss in the end by watching a detailed guide first.

I'm surprised at this because I've watched you kick the arse of countless souls bosses, so hearing you say this reinforces my decision really. The videos I watched all seem to talk about spending hours grinding to upgrade to some final skill where you can cheese him. That seems to go against every thing From were going for, which was hard but extremely fair in terms of challenge.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I wonder if this philosophy will persist with Elden ring. I hope not!
  • The beauty of Elden Ring will be the ability to just fuck off somewhere else...
  • Rev wrote:
    I'm surprised at this because I've watched you kick the arse of countless souls bosses, so hearing you say this reinforces my decision really. The videos I watched all seem to talk about spending hours grinding to upgrade to some final skill where you can cheese him. That seems to go against every thing From were going for, which was hard but extremely fair in terms of challenge.
    Like you, I can't stand bosses that go on too long and make you repeat earlier parts. Bloodborne was still on the right side of the line, but Sekiro and some of Dark Souls 3 pushed it too far.
  • In the Elden Ring demo thing last year there was one tough bastard to fight, only one health bar but two phases, that took me ages to beat. But then tons of other stuff you could do instead, including a lot of minor bosses that were much simpler.

Plus there's summoning, of course, so I'm much less concerned about it.
  • One of the vids i saw mentioned some status or summat that act as a checkpoint for the bosses, so if you die you can restart at the boss.
    Hopefully that's correct and in place for them all as that's a big thing for me.
    The double whammy of rock hard bosses AND having to fight your way back through the level each time to fight them is what really puts me off the souls games
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I think the difficulty in Sekiro was increased versus Dark Souls because there was very little you could do to increase your characters power to overcome the bosses. They had to be beaten as From intended, which was at quite a demanding difficulty level.

It's a shame because if the combat doesn't click, you don't get to see the rest of the game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A week on Friday innit? Also it's a simultaneous worldwide launch apparently, so if you're doing digital and your platform of choice allows it, set your region to antipodean for that Thursday night action
  • A week on Friday innit? Also it's a simultaneous worldwide launch apparently, so if you're doing digital and your platform of choice allows it, set your region to antipodean for that Thursday night action

For that to work (if you’ve bought the digital) I think you have to buy from that country’s digital store. For some reason Gamepass let’s you though.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Hoping for an early delivery from The Game Collection
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • JonB wrote:
    Rev wrote:
    Like you, I can't stand bosses that go on too long and make you repeat earlier parts. Bloodborne was still on the right side of the line, but Sekiro and some of Dark Souls 3 pushed it too far.
    I think what is maybe grinding my gears is that the videos I have seen which talked about beating him were like 'Yeah, if you make sure you have Mikiri, (okay) Rising Carp (okay) plus these two other skills which mean you'll probably need to do some grinding in order to get to the point where you'll have a base advantage and you'll be regaining posture faster. Trouble is, this has become a vendetta, and it's me or him. If I need to go on some kind of Mihati estate grinding fest then I guess that is my path I'm going. love/hate hate this.
  • I DID IT. I BEAT THAT LIGHTNING BASTARD.

BEST GAME EVER.
  • Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Rev wrote:
    I DID IT. I BEAT THAT LIGHTNING BASTARD. BEST GAME EVER.

One of, yes! Enjoy the remaining bosses…
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah. I shall remain dubious until proved otherwise at the moment.
  • I did wonder if I could hear the storm outside, or whether it was Rev's heart beating out of his chest at the end of that battle.

Congratulations. Now the real Dark Souls Sekiro starts here.
  • We should do a favourite bosses list.  Cos we love lists on this forum, right?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Well done pal.
    Was fun watching before, knew you had him!
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I did wonder if I could hear the storm outside, or whether it was Rev's heart beating out of his chest at the end of that battle.

Congratulations. Now the real Dark Souls Sekiro starts here.

I screamed when I got him. Delighted it was through the parry as well

• If anyone can cope with the liberal use of the N-word, it’s worth watching AfroSenju XL’s videos on Sekiro. You can actually hear his soul break from time to time. As Rev has now beaten this boss, he may sympathise:

• Lady butterfly is optional? What a cont.
  • @syph79 he's my brother right there
  • Well done Rev. I'm bet you're exhausted.
  • Yeah. It was a bit of a task.
  • That Seven Spears guy is a total prick. Spamming unstoppable attacks, I ended up setting him on fire and then Mikiri countering him a couple of times, avoiding the follow up, before I got bored and just started jumping on his head to kill his posture. But what a shitty mid boss.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!