Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Never fought them thanks to my poor life choices.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Old boy shinobi owl fight done. Prefer it over the Isshin one. Will stick the video here soon.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..

• This was a lot closer then I would have liked.

• And here's the last battle. A lot cleaner than my usual attempts. It's only taken me years to get this far, but this is now one of my favourite From games.
  • You pretty much bossed that fight rev. Much smoother than when I did it. Nice work.
  • It was the third stage where I like to think that Isshin was like 'I'm gonna try lightning - oh shit, right, I'm gonna do the overhead attack - aw crap, right, I'm just gonna throw gusts of wind.' think it was about 40 attempts to get to this level of comfort with their moveset. Still got the Demon of Hatred to do, but then might just start a NG+ run.
  • Nice one! Best From game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I cheesed the Demon of Hatred, which was a challenge in itself as it involved a bit of pixel perfect jumping onto a forbidden ledge.
  • Up the tower and to the wall? I've heard of it
  • That's the one. I just couldn't be bothered playing fair by that point. ;)
  • Cheaters, I had endure that fight! It was not fun.
  • Hence why I'm considering doing the same. Once you beat them you can always go back can do the boss rerun. I'm probably going to have to do at least one NG+ run in order to upgrade all of the the weapons because they don't give you enough of one material in a single run
  • Also upgrading the skills seems to be a bit of a grind. I worked out I can farm both Sen and XP in one run near the DoH for 3310 per run and it only takes about 2 minutes to do, but i figured to max out all of the outstanding skills I need to gain 27 levels and therefore have to run it about 290 times.
    It's my only gripe with trying to get the platty on this. There's a bit of repetition in order to max out all the skills. I'm guessing if I switch to NG + then the rewards will be higher and I should level up potentially quicker.
  • Yeah I'm missing my platinum trophy because of that skill tree.  Started NG+ without the beads or whatever, need to get back to it.

• Running into NG+ to try for the platinum and going down the purification route. 
    Ran into the old man and decided to show him what for. 
    This game. Still a lot to do.
  • Now do Lies of P. It's an awesome mix of Bloodborne and Sekiro.
  • I'm going to rent it and see how i get on with it. Trying to figure out what I need for the platinum in Seks first.
  • You need to grind to unlock all the skills. Not the best ending to time with the game.
  • I've got two skills to unlock I think.
    I also need some lazulite for final upgrades.
  • So discovered tonight that there's 4 endings to get the plat, which means another play through at NG2 and because my shura ending is on another save file I need to run that to get the Ashina isshin boss. Seems like a lot of work. A bit too much
  • I just did cloud save trickery
  • Well… that’s what I did when it came to end of the game proper. I also did that following the Shura ending, thinking I was being clever. Lo, my save file thinks I didn’t go Shura way and so I don’t have the trophies for beating all bosses. Hence I am on NG+ or at least have been for many years, never really got far. I need to beat Emma and old man Isshin again.
  • Aye the annoying thing is that the boss needs to be on the same save file. And the purification and dragons return happen at different points in the game so it's trickier to save file magic it.
  • Rev wrote:
    So discovered tonight that there's 4 endings to get the plat, which means another play through at NG2 and because my shura ending is on another save file I need to run that to get the Ashina isshin boss. Seems like a lot of work. A bit too much

Yeah, I contemplated trying to go for plat with this, but more than 2 endings seemed a bit much.
  • The shura run through only needs you to get through about 60% of the game which is fine and I know I'll easily kick Great Owl's ass, but I don't fancy facing Isshin on NG3 and certainly don't fancy having to run the full game for the Dragons return ending. Managed to find the last of the prayer beads and gourd seeds last night. Seems shitty that it all needs to be on the same save file. Think it will end up being something I do in the background when I'm not playing other games. Looks like I need 15 levels to get all the skills. on my current run levels pop every 50k, and I've got a run that gives me 4.5k per run, so that around 4 hours of grinding. I might just do that and then get the purification ending now as I can't do shura or Dragon as I've missed the timing for it. sigh..
  • Rev wrote:
    The shura run through only needs you to get through about 60% of the game which is fine and I know I'll easily kick Great Owl's ass, but I don't fancy facing Isshin on NG3 and certainly don't fancy having to run the full game for the Dragons return ending. Managed to find the last of the prayer beads and gourd seeds last night. Seems shitty that it all needs to be on the same save file. Think it will end up being something I do in the background when I'm not playing other games. Looks like I need 15 levels to get all the skills. on my current run levels pop every 50k, and I've got a run that gives me 4.5k per run, so that around 4 hours of grinding. I might just do that and then get the purification ending now as I can't do shura or Dragon as I've missed the timing for it. sigh..

Guess which fucking idiot went and did all of the above and is now sitting at the secret passage about to do the last battle, having got both sets of tears, ran through the Shura ending, beat Ashina Isshin and is now one trophy away from the platty juubs
  • … Isaac Newton?
  • Close.. very close. He's my uncle.
  • Lunchtime platinum done.
  • Respect.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!