Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    A glimmer of hope then.

Enjoy yourself buddy.
  • Will very likely get this on PC once I have the monies.
  • Very positive early impressions from ResetEra. A game version of Ninja Scroll someone described it as.
    It's bastard hard too, apparently.
  • Review embargo lifts at 1pm, apparently.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    Very positive early impressions from ResetEra. A game version of Ninja Scroll someone described it as.
    It's bastard hard too, apparently.

Even the official trailer makes it look like a criss between ninja scroll and tenchu.
    I love both so I'm excited.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    TGC have despatched. Won’t get to play until Monday now.
  • I’ll probably hold of for a bit, no real rush.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye, I'll wait for a price drop. I ain't dropping £60 on digital games anymore unless I reaaallllly want it.

Plus there's a million other things I need to finish. Probably when I retire and can sit gaming in my pants all day. Maybe.
  • Top marks from The Daily Star.
  • I have the £40 I need for it on PC set aside, but I have a few things coming up for Ev's birthday and work have been dicking me around for shifts.
  • I really want this game so have stumped up the cash for the digital version on Xbox. It’s the only game I really give a shit about that’s releasing this year so they can have my hard earned cash!
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    I really want this game so have stumped up the cash for the digital version on Xbox. It’s the only game I really give a shit about that’s releasing this year so they can have my hard earned cash!

I'd say same as but there's so many great looking titles out this year (well maybe not on Xbox).

It's early contender for goat though.
  • Also reviews of this seem to be singing high praise indeed, as expected. Many places saying it’s a 50 hour plus adventure, which considering the increased traversal speed is saying something. Also it seems to be tough as old shit, being harder than souls and Bloodborne

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I might need to borrow my wife's nectar card, and all its points points points
  • digi wrote:
    Mikemsp wrote:
    I really want this game so have stumped up the cash for the digital version on Xbox. It’s the only game I really give a shit about that’s releasing this year so they can have my hard earned cash!
    I'd say same as but there's so many great looking titles out this year (well maybe not on Xbox). It's early contender for goat though.

Nothing else is lighting my fire this year, I’ve got a PS4 and switch but nothing on there is exciting me either!

• Mikemsp wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Mikemsp wrote:
    I'd say same as but there's so many great looking titles out this year (well maybe not on Xbox). It's early contender for goat though.

Nothing else is lighting my fire this year, I’ve got a PS4 and switch but nothing on there is exciting me either!

Ghost of tshumia looks like a very diffrent version of this and is slated as this year.
    Days gone has been getting lots of positivity.
    The last of us 2 and death stranding could possibly be goats but may not even see this year.
    And there was loads at the Asian Playstation show that peaked my interest (judge eyes etc).

I will get my backlog down a bit soon maybe!
  • Hopefully once I’ve completed this game, I’ll be able to appreciate the other games coming up but I’ve got serious tunnel vision for this. I think it’s helped by this being the first time since demons souls that since the first trailer I’ve gone blackout (I’ve skimmed reviews but ignored any in depth talk on mechanics or world info) on a FROM game. So my excitement is at an all time high, especially as it’s reviewing so well.

• Its getting some fantastic reviews from a number of outlets.
  • Ohhhhh links to reviews folks?

Iv just watched stuff on mechanics and the official trailer (official trailer looks a bit spoiler)
  • Just watched the digital foundry analysis. Xbox one X best for resolution and fidelity, Both enhanced consoles have unlocked frame rate but PS4 Pro has better frame rate generally, however if you have a 120Hz display then enabling that mode on the Xbox makes Xbox one X outperform the PS4 Pro. The video didn’t mention freesync on Xbox one X but I suspect having a tv that supports this will improve things further still on the one X as in my experience freesync works wonders when you have a game with an unlocked frame rate, basically feels like locked 60fps for all intents and purposes. Glad I’ve got the Q9FN!

Edit: I think the analysis is based on code before the day one patch so things may be better with this installed.

• Just watched the ign video review of this (9.5). More forgiving than bloodborne/souls games apparently. Reminds me alot of Nioh, probably because of the Japanese era it's set in. If you love From Software games then this is more of that lovely awesomeness.

Now if I only had some money spare this month :(
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    Just watched the digital foundry analysis. Xbox one X best for resolution and fidelity, Both enhanced consoles have unlocked frame rate but PS4 Pro has better frame rate generally, however if you have a 120Hz display then enabling that mode on the Xbox makes Xbox one X outperform the PS4 Pro. The video didn’t mention freesync on Xbox one X but I suspect having a tv that supports this will improve things further still on the one X as in my experience freesync works wonders when you have a game with an unlocked frame rate, basically feels like locked 60fps for all intents and purposes. Glad I’ve got the Q9FN!

Edit: I think the analysis is based on code before the day one patch so things may be better with this installed.
    No 4K on the X, according to my box.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yeah it’s 1800p

• On both the X and pro. With the pro being suspected of some sort of upscaling to 1800p and the X being native.

Both consoles are HDR too

• Mikemsp wrote:
    On both the X and pro. With the pro being suspected of some sort of upscaling to 1800p and the X being native.

Both consoles are HDR too

Yeah, just read that. But it is 60fps

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I am prepared.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Few beers down my neck and i'm doing loads better with this. 2 mid-bosses down with consummate ease.

This is not a rule you should apply to your own selves.  ;)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    yarr version has leaked and im too hype not to sample it, going in shortly
  • I’ve just been exchanging emails with Rich Leadbetter from Digital Foundry about this game, very interesting and informative, didn’t expect such a fast and detailed response, top guy.

• Downloaded and ready for the morning. Day off tomorrow, I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!