Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • There are only backstabs out of stealth in the game.

You can get one if you chew a sugar. Best advice is to realise the lunging grab is considered a sweep because it’s low, so you can jump over it. It works 100% of the time whereas dodging it will usually fail because of its odd animation and heavy tracking.

Firecracker can be bought nearby and will get you some free damage, and if you’ve found the hunter then you can get the flame vent and combine that with oil for more damage.

Hunter is just about using mikiri to break his posture and jumping the sweep. Remember you can deflect any attack that isn’t perilous, and you can also deflect perilous thrusts if you’re good with your timing. If you’re dodging you’re opening yourself up to damage.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm deflecting (or I think I am, not clear on the feedback yet) ok, but I don't have a good handle n the relationship between attacks and posture. I don't have mikiri yet (not enough skill points), or a prosthetic besides the shuriken one. I'm guessing this makes it harder.

I do jump the grab (I jump all of those attacks) but sometimes you think you are well out of range and it still hoovers you in, especially on the stairs.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I haven't used the prosthetic in any of the boss or miniboss fights at all. Never seems to be time.
  • If you do damage you hurt their vitality and their posture. The less vitality they have, the slower they regain posture. If they block your attack they suffer posture damage. If you deflect attacks you take posture damage, but if you hit a perfect deflect then it will do a louder clash, a brighter spark, and you’ll parry them, as well as taking reduced posture damage. If you are at max posture and you perfect deflect someone, you won’t have your stance broken.

Perilous attacks have the same symbol but their tells are different, jumping some of those grabs is a difficult proposition because they are easier to dodge. He’s also got immense posture, so you’re probably gonna kill him without worrying about it.
  • Kow wrote:
    I haven't used the prosthetic in any of the boss or miniboss fights at all. Never seems to be time.

Firecracker is great, interrupts tons of stuff, is useful for pretty much every boss.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'll try and remember that next time.
  • Skerret wrote:
    I think I'm probably missing a lot in terms of how the combat is supposed to work, timings and that. I should probably start again as I got to the ogre, then didn't play for like 3 weeks, now I can't really remember the nuanced bits. I can't beat the ogre after maybe 50 attempts, nor can I beat or really even scratch white shroud spear man so I think I'm kind of stuck. I don't think the combat is supposed to be done they way I am doing it anyway.

Practise on the undead guy who you do your training with.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah I was aboot to go back to him. My habit of playing games in bursts once a month isn't helping me any with this
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Thanks Tenp
  • Got to final unopened area last night. Boss was surprisingly easy. Just avoid, slash, avoid, slash.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Yeah I was aboot to go back to him. My habit of playing games in bursts once a month isn't helping me any with this

I play this for a few hours at most on weekends. Doesnt help when trying to get into a rhythm with boss fights. Got to a point where I need to beat either GA or CM to progress. May go back and try to beat LB so I can get a memory and boost my attack power. Feel like I do very little damage to CM unless I use divine confetti (I have limited stock)
  • Definitely do LB at that stage. By now you shouldn't find it too tough with all the prayer beads you've collected. The attack power will help with the others.

I used a couple of snap seeds on CM, and it did enough damage to make the rest of it straight forward.
  • JonB wrote:
    Definitely do LB at that stage. By now you shouldn't find it too tough with all the prayer beads you've collected. The attack power will help with the others.

I used a couple of snap seeds on CM, and it did enough damage to make the rest of it straight forward.

Cool, never occured to me to use snap seeds. Will try it out.
  • There are a number of prayer beads you can find lying around BTW, if you need some extra to level up a bit. A couple are hidden behind secret doors, which you activate by hugging the wall.
    Spoiler:
  • JonB wrote:
    There are a number of prayer beads you can find lying around BTW, if you need some extra to level up a bit. A couple are hidden behind secret doors, which you activate by hugging the wall.
    Spoiler:

Cheers, didn't know that will check it out. Patch 1.0.4 is out now for consoles.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Definitely do LB at that stage. By now you shouldn't find it too tough with all the prayer beads you've collected. The attack power will help with the others. I used a couple of snap seeds on CM, and it did enough damage to make the rest of it straight forward.
    Cool, never occured to me to use snap seeds. Will try it out.

Me neither. But at that point I had enough vitality and power to not worry about it. GA is the one that fucked me over and over. Possibly because it’s such a different fight to others. But in hindsight, I think it was great. “It’s me, not you”
  • I am sleep-deprived and feeling fucked at work. Sleeping late is the only way I get time to play nowadays. (Barring Switch on train for small games.)
  • Fuck sake, ocarina of time 20 years ago sorted out lock on properly. Fucking stupid camera. That's twice I've got LB down to a slither on her 2nd energy bar and camera has screwed me over.

Edit: finally she's dead. Cheap fight.
  • How is it cheap? I thought it was one of the un-cheapest.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    How is it cheap? I thought it was one of the un-cheapest.

2nd phase, the illusion warriors and the stupid sparkles that home in on you. I found it the most annoying boss fight so far.
  • You can just run from the summoned stuff and hide behind a pillar to avoid the resulting barrage.
  • Tempy wrote:
    You can just run from the summoned stuff and hide behind a pillar to avoid the resulting barrage.

Yeh I was doing that it was just me getting caught out a few times when she had a slither of health and a barrage of those twinkles hitting me.

Onto corrupted monk.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Spoiler:
    second phase took me by surprise. I should have known I guess but it seemed final enough.
  • I just did Guape first time on my second run. I'm not dying that much at all this time round. It helps that I've found more hidden prayer beads and have more health than at this point last time, but also I just feel like I know what I'm doing now.

It's great when you know what you're doing. I just needed to run through almost the entire game first to understand it.
  • I was about to post about a missing/glitched trophy or something, but now know why it’s missing...
  • Wheees fat kid Kotaro gone?! I whisked him away or is that the end?
  • Yeah, if you whisk him away he stats whisked.

There are other uses for him, but too late now!
  • You can visit him still
  • Hmmm I’m sure I’ll find him soon. 

Doing quests for now. Surgeon next
  • Just think logically about where he might be

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!