The Apple Thread
  • all this talk of airpods got me feeling a bit envious and in need of some in-ear bluetooth headphones...but there's no way i'm spending that much! so i've treated myself to a super cheapo set from amazon (even cheaper than the ones dj recommended).
    fortunately i've spent a lifetime cultivating a complete lack of interest in, or exposure to, high quality audio, and thus find the usual wired headphones you used to get with an iphone (though no longer in the latest SE model) fine for me. So hopefully if these can sound no worse than those and be comfortable and stay in my lugs, they should do the job.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I am definitely not getting any sort of vibe online that they are all that great or worth the money. (The AirPod Max’s) @yourfavouriteuncle
  • In the same. I bought two different sets of in ear Bluetooth headphones but then I said fuck it and bought the standard AirPods about a year back and I know they are stupid expensive for what they are but Jesus they are great. The integration, the ease of use, auto detection, battery indicators and a decent battery life (I use them for zoom work meetings, one ear at a time and they last all day).
    I’m fully aware they are a first world luxury but I love them.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    I am definitely not getting any sort of vibe online that they are all that great or worth the money. (The AirPod Max’s) @yourfavouriteuncle

Early impressions that I’ve come across have been pretty positive.
  • No hi res audio support seems an oversight especially at that price.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Generally positive from what I’ve seen, even from the headphone community and Linus (who is realistic with his Apple concerns). They are not replacing high end headphones, they are taking a step up from the Bose/Sony/Sennheiser stuff. The case is shit though.

I won’t be buying em as I only use over ear for flights/trains.

• Yeah, generally positive is not good enough; that’s not what you hear about the in-ear AirPods or most of their other stuff.
  • By this point in my relationship with the brand I’m kinda past reviews and opinions and I’m just here for the build quality and the fact everything works so nicely together. Probably hugely ridiculous but it works for me.
  • I have the airpod pros. They are great to slip in my pocket for lunch time disney plus, i also have my Sony MX2’s in my bag just in case.

The airpods are just great though. So easy to carry and noise cancelling is actual decent if you get a good natural seal.

I do want those airpods max headphones though in blue or space grey. I like the fact it uses the same digital crown as my apple nike series 6 watch. But £600??? Fuck no
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    I have the airpod pros. They are great to slip in my pocket for lunch time disney plus

You should try them in your ears, gamechanger.
  • iPhone Mini arrived. Not a big fan of iOS, but... it's absolutely the phone I've been waiting for since my Z3 Compact gave up the ghost in 2017. I'm determined to keep it forever.
  • o/
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Seems there’s stock kicking around here and there now so I managed to get a pair of the AirPod Max and they seem pretty incredible to my Luddite ears.  Like genuinely jaw-droppings incredible.  The sound quality is a fairly big step up from my B&W’s which are swish enough themselves.  They are the comfiest  headphones i’ve ever tried on and the sound transparency mode or full of sound cancelling is again the best I’ve ever come across.  I’m seriously impressed.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice to hear. If I ever travel again I may get a pair, I just wish they’d change the case.
  • 3rd party hard cases are already in the wild
    PSN - minkymu
  • The shittest of takes -

A good example of the blinkered madness of fanboyism.
  • Wtf? That’s the shittest argument.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • If I have this dingus turning up in my YouTube feed after watching his nonsense, I'm going to hold you personally responsible Gurt.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I was subscribed to him for some reason, must have done it years ago. I never click on his vids but that title and thumbnail of course reeled me in, I thought he was going to mention some bullshit about sound quality differences but he managed to avoid that while still talking absolute shite.
  • "We've got loads of storage" is a fucking weird argument to make in relation to iPhones (or to be honest phones in general). An iPhone 6s runs the current OS, and comes with a lowest capacity of 16GB.

Seems to me that the main thrust of his argument is actually "Apple Music is shit"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think he’s just confused the compression involved in creating zip files with the file size reduction caused by converting to a lossy format.
  • Hello Apple fanboys.

I'm thinking of upgrading from our years and years old iPad Pro.  Am I right in thinking that Apple still only update hardware around October?  I wouldn't want to get something new now only to find they release an update in say April or something.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Hello Apple fanboys.

I'm thinking of upgrading from our years and years old iPad Pro.  Am I right in thinking that Apple still only update hardware around October?  I wouldn't want to get something new now only to find they release an update in say April or something.

https://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
  • What do you need Elf? If "all" you need is a great performing iPad for every day use, which is compatible with the latest pencil and keyboards (via smart connector) if you need, then I'd recommend the new Air over the Pro. Just got updated in October, is perfect for remote schooling, bang up to date and a lot cheaper than pro.
  • Yeah, but it's not Pro.
  • Thanks Yoss and Funk. 

Yeah something not too expensive that the kids can also use. Although personally I would LOVE the Pro for the screen size and stuff for movies in bed. It’s cheapest is about a grand? Can’t justify that at all at the moment.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The new Air is the one to go for. Has most of the functionality of the Pro from 2018.
  • I was being flippant. The Air is a better deal.
  • I think our Pro is from well before 2018!!! High time to upgrade I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!