Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Beta is downloading!

Mega excited.

Watched the IGN thing today. That map is GLORIOUS. Very Halo. Getting a strong Lockout/Zanzibar/High Ground kinda vibe. More of this please.

And I love all these callbacks to D1 like here with the kennels in the background. Say what you like about the actual story but they totally get world building.  

2 matches with actually pretty good players. Lots of new guns. Super fights.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @JRPC how long left on your download?
  • b0r1s wrote:

Looking at the download it's coming down in 2 chunks. First is only tiddler and is nearly done. 

Next one is much biggerer.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah my biggerer was saying 4 hrs.
  • I got the code from Amazon, you put it through the bungie page... But I got nothing from bungie. Thought maybe that's normal but Boris got his straight away :(
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I was logged into my bungie account on the websites. Next page you picked your platform then code appeared on following page.
  • JRPC wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

Looking at the download it's coming down in 2 chunks. First is only tiddler and is nearly done. 

Next one is much biggerer.

I've installed the small one but don't think I've got the big one yet
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It's basically the SP/MP split that all PS4 games do. You can start the game in SP from the part install. But any network stuff has to wait for the full install. Which with Destiny is all of it (12gb).
  • legaldinho wrote:
    I got the code from Amazon, you put it through the bungie page... But I got nothing from bungie. Thought maybe that's normal but Boris got his straight away :(

You've gotta go back to where you put your code in and you retrieve from there .

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Been saying three hours for nearly three hours so guessing I'll be trying this in the morning.
  • You can't play it yet can you ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nope
  • Title screen up and running.

Music playing.

xl1XYq8.jpg
  • Got my beta code. Nearly went PS4 for the day early but cunt pad.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Beta is downloading! Mega excited. Watched the IGN thing today. That map is GLORIOUS. Very Halo. Getting a strong Lockout/Zanzibar/High Ground kinda vibe. More of this please. And I love all these callbacks to D1 like here with the kennels in the background. Say what you like about the actual story but they totally get world building.   2 matches with actually pretty good players. Lots of new iguns. Super fights.

I'm not sure what they were thinking of choosing that map to show, D2 is already being criticised as looking more like an expansion pack than a sequel, then they show off a new pvp map that's literally an asset swap from Rise of Iron. Even the music is from Felwinter Peak.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Lets be honest, it is an expansion pack - at least it would be considered as such if it were any other MMO.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yep, everything I've seen suggests as much.
  • I dunno, a fundamental reboot is what it sounds like.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Lets be honest, it is an expansion pack - at least it would be considered as such if it were any other MMO.
    Olimite wrote:

Rubbish.

How so exactly?
  • Expansion pack talk is silly.

I'll say again that it's noticeable that the graphics, for a start, are markedly better.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • The pole dancer footage from that vidoc today has me torn.

Doesn't have the utility of the titan, but damn that looks fun!

AlienatedDemandingBlackmamba.gif
  • The fact that Ward of Dawn is still a thing fills my heart with joy.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Rubbish. How so exactly?

I mean, I'm buying it because it's more Destiny, but what is D2 bringing that Taken King didn't?

New subclasses, new playable areas, new story, new quests, new weapons, new exotics, new strikes, a new raid, new Crucible maps, new Crucible game modes etc

I don't think it's unreasonable to be disappointed by the apparent lack of new ideas.
  • Well, it may well be underdone, but what if all of the above a revamped in the same way as control?

By this reasoning, modern warfare x Y and z were expansions. Come to that, h3 was an expansion of h2.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • MoesTavern wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Rubbish. How so exactly?

I mean, I'm buying it because it's more Destiny, but what is D2 bringing that Taken King didn't?

New subclasses, new playable areas, new story, new quests, new weapons, new exotics, new strikes, a new raid, new Crucible maps, new Crucible game modes etc

I don't think it's unreasonable to be disappointed by the apparent lack of new ideas.

Complete overhaul of the kill mechanics? Guns first, no ability one kills?

Graphical upgrade?

Movement changes? I saw a H5 leap in one video?

Gameplay changes?

I mean, you can say as a sequel it is short on new ideas, that's a subjective judgement. But to say it's really an expansion is demonstrably complete nonsense.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Having played way too much of the original (maybe Davie only has more hours), I just think it all seems a little familiar with a few changes here and a few there.

I won't be buying at launch (unless 10's get chucked about), but I will be staying tuned to see how they plan to support the game (properly, not some occasional weapon balance patches) post launch.
  • A man says "I'm done with it, not interested." A child says "it's just an expansion, meh". No one disputing your right to pass, but calling it an expansion is petuous.
  • I'm not even fussed if they don't support it as much as the original. I don't have the time to worry about it. If it's more gorgeous shooty bang then it'll be day one this year no question.
  • I jumped on Clash last night. If someone does stumble across my skillz, please contact me.
  • D2 Beta client still not pushed out to me yet. I preordered digitally on the Xbox One, and have the D2 Pre-order tile, but no Beta client. Doesn't seem to be a way to force it that I can find...
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!