Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Noticeably swish looking compared to 1. Lighting etc pretty awesome in that first big sp rumble.

Like the new defender super.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I'm downloading of the Hong Kong store as I ain't preordered. Hopefully I can give it a whirl later
  • I'm downloading of the Hong Kong store as I ain't preordered. Hopefully I can give it a whirl later
    I don't think you'll be able to play it until 6pm BST on the 21st according to the beta times
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Nope works straight away :)

It's the workaround I read about. I think Hong Kong, Jap and one other stores have the demo available now that just works. I already had a Hong Kong account.
  • I had a blast with this last night. That new MP mode is way easier when you have a full team in chat.

Weapons - like the Titan one. Grenade launcher was trash, so was the submachine gun. Pulse rifle seemed to be great.

Supers/powers - like the little Titan barrier that can be put down, very useful in sp and mp. Not sure about the new warlock super yet... Not quite as deadly as I hoped. Will try hunter out Friday.

Overall, really liked the campaign mission and just left me wanting more. I enjoyed the more involved story elements actually, apart from the instadeath missle bit. Graphics are nice, gunplay felt excellent.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sounds good Matty :) Interested to hear how Hunters are. Will probably stick with my Hunter for Destiny 2.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    When does this go open out of interest? Got a friend who wants me to run through the Strike with him?
  • Got a few hours in last night.

Early days of course, but i think Countdown could be magnificent.

More generally - campaign mission was a very good start. Much more like a typical fps campaign mission with lots of whiz bang etc. Will do well with the masses who dropped D1 after being disappointed with the story.

Double primaries certainly works in PvP. A really great change. Jury's out with the pve but they've only really got to fiddle with the heavy drop rates. Not worried.

Overall i think its a really solid foundation. D2's going to be spectacular.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Yeah double primary is interesting, so I ran with Pulse, sidearm in second slot and fusion for heavy.

Fusion feels really nice, you actually get time to charge up and shoot before getting killed now. And you can multi kill.

Also way more kills by normal weapons as cool downs for grenades are longer.
  • Olimite wrote:
    When does this go open out of interest? Got a friend who wants me to run through the Strike with him?
    Go the Hong Kong route like Shabby. I've just gone onto the HK store and downloaded it via the browser on my phone
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yeah fusions are strong!

Grenade launchers bit meh.
  • Also, both maps are great.

Very much designed around their gametypes and do their jobs well.

Quality bar seems high across the board.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Yeah fusions are strong! Grenade launchers bit meh.
    JRPC wrote:
    Also, both maps are great. Very much designed around their gametypes and do their jobs well. Quality bar seems high across the board.

Yes and Yes. Control map feels really great. Easy to get steamrolled on the other gametype though, takes good co-ordination.
  • Competitive is deffo my fave mode atm, it really helps to have full fire teams of course.
  • To go negative for a second:

Campaign wise - really hurting that the protagonist is silent. There were a few moments in this mission alone that I would've appreciated them actually having lines to say. I don't know why Bungie are adamant to not give them a speaking part.

PvE/PvP - some of these changes are negative for PvE but great for PvP... i.e. cooldowns on supers etc. mean the PvE has a different feel to it. It's good for PvP, imo, as the matches are more balanced, and you can still wipe a team once you do get super, but I'd rather have faster cooldowns in PvE, especially for grenades.
  • Funny i actually really liked the silence.

The original voices sounded weird to me and didn't match the characters I'd made.

What i definitely didn't like was that stupid turbine thing that you had to shoot in 3 places. No idea what that was about. Died a few times. Not fun. Not interesting.

• The giant swirling drill thing on the strike is brilliant though.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Funny i actually really liked the silence. The original voices sounded weird to me and didn't match the characters I'd made. What i definitely didn't like was that stupid turbine thing that you had to shoot in 3 places. No idea what that was about. Died a few times. Not fun. Not interesting.

Hmm know what you mean but for me:
    Spoiler:
  • So maybe I should get this.

Or should I wait until the game comes out proper?
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Go the Hong Kong route like Shabby. I've just gone onto the HK store and downloaded it via the browser on my phone

How about just answer his question?

Tomorrow Oli.
  • Been a while since i played D1 but this feels meatier with the shooting and fast with the movement. Is that about right? I am playing Hunter which I didn't in the first.
    I'd like a go at the strike at some point.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    So maybe I should get this.

Or should I wait until the game comes out proper?

Open beta today I think

• Isn't that what you have been playing?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I'd rather have faster cooldowns in PvE, especially for grenades.

You're not the only one to make this observation, apparently.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:

Trouble is, Bungie still won't separate out PvE and PvP, so we'll be stuck with it in PvE so their precious PvP doesn't get changed.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah, to be fair it took Blizzard more than 10 years to finally separate PvE and PvP skills and it's benefited the game greatly. Think Bungie really could have perhaps done something similar here.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:

Trouble is, Bungie still won't separate out PvE and PvP, so we'll be stuck with it in PvE so their precious PvP doesn't get changed.

I'd settle for having saveable load outs and then setting up armour builds with the right perks. Cool down can change pretty drastically with the right combos.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

How about just answer his question?

Tomorrow Oli.

Thanks mate. Can't be arsed with using foreign stores anymore. More hassle than it's worth.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Isn't that what you have been playing?
    no it's pre-order early access until today or tomorrow

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!