Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Have only just got around to watching some videos of this. It does look pretty. Everything looks a bit more solid. More bang bang shoot shoot jump jump die die will keep me happy for a few months.
  • Gonna be more about gunskill this time. I expect a serious skill gap to develop alarm halo v, lot of the casuals on here will be relying heavily on the sbmm / connection algorithm
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'll rely on blind luck
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Still no joy on the pre-order code from Amazon. The assorted chat and calls to them really don't help sadly and I can't be bothered to per-order another copy just to cancel it once the code arrives.  

Looks like it's open beta for me on the 21st. At least there's sod all in it so it's not like I'm going to be missing much.

Edit: I've been reminded to restate that the scale of this beta is smaller then D1 and there is no inference from my earlier post on the quality of the content that will be available.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I'll rely on blind luck

I was planning on playing the mindless optimism card very strongly.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    I'll rely on blind luck
    I was planning on playing the mindless optimism card very strongly.

Sounds like a solid plan.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    Gonna be more about gunskill this time. I expect a serious skill gap to develop alarm halo v, lot of the casuals on here will be relying heavily on the sbmm / connection algorithm

If you're serious about PvP I reckon PC is the only play to play this time around.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    Gonna be more about gunskill this time. I expect a serious skill gap to develop alarm halo v, lot of the casuals on here will be relying heavily on the sbmm / connection algorithm

If you're serious about PvP I reckon PC is the only play to play this time around.

Very serious about PvP.

Will it run in my Chromebook?

I can live with 60fps
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • JRPC wrote:
    Very serious about PvP. Will it run in my Chromebook? I can live with 30fps
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Speedhaak wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:
    Very serious about PvP. Will it run in my Chromebook? I can live with 60fps

Don't the engine is too systems heavy. In fact I seem to recall a Bungie employee saying something mid tier like a GTX 1050 will run Destiny 2 fine.
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    legaldinho wrote:

I'm very interested to see how the whole experience translates to PC.

Destiny's big strength is it's gunplay, which is tied in very explicitly to the feedback and aim assist you get with a controller. I wonder if Bungie can make the PC version 'feel' as good.
  • It won't have Team Clueless, so can't possibly feel as good.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'm sure controller support will be available on the PC Moe, and besides M&KB at 60fps is more than enough of a trade-off should you not have access to a controller. I expect the game experience will benefit greatly from a higher fps.
  • The Edge preview suggested console is the way to go.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Fuck PC, in general.
  • isanbard wrote:
    Still no joy on the pre-order code from Amazon. The assorted chat and calls to them really don't help sadly and I can't be bothered to per-order another copy just to cancel it once the code arrives.   Looks like it's open beta for me on the 21st. At least there's sod all in it so it's not like I'm going to be missing much. Edit: I've been reminded to restate that the scale of this beta is smaller then D1 and there is no inference from my earlier post on the quality of the content that will be available.

@isanbard

Yadda yadda yadda, you know you want the beta and you want it now. Luckily for you, ozno is all forgiving, even of folks who use self res in totally sub-optimal raid challenges, and has found a way for you with minimal pain, especially for an otaku such as you.

• Self Res with malice doe. I should delete that post
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Ta Gonz... I think...

I'd heard of that little trick and I think it works with a HK account too. I was standing on principle of getting Amazon UK to get me ma code. It was almost getting to the point of consulting my legal services anyway of course...
    Woke up this morning and enough moaning has got me ma code. The first bit of the beta has arrived! Whoop and a whoop!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Currently looks like the greatest game I've ever seen.
  • Yes, but only on PlayStation.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Graffix look improved, gameplay looks incredibly similar, as expected.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yeah it will be dogshit on the Xbox.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Was there someone on here who wanted a Titan One for Destiny? Just asking as I'm contemplating buying one to expose cheaters on The Golf Club, then it'd be useless to me so would sell it at a knockdown price after.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Did the Story stuff. Seems pretty enough, played the same, with Hunter now waving around a blue stick. Will try the Strike later.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Also pole danced my way through the story and had a quick chance to beat some fools with ma twirly skipping aboot in the Control Endless Vale map. 

Story was... ok. Some flashy effects bits but felt a bit empty somehow. Might just have been that there was nothing dropping at any point except ammo. Very Destiny. 
    Lots of corridors with nothing to interact or do at all apart form trundle along to the next little encounter. Hey ho. It's the campaign stuff and not the new patrol goodies I suppose. It was fine, not particularly complex in any way but .. fine. 

Crucible felt fine too. Everything was a bit sloppy on all sides seemingly as it was all fresh etc etc. Still got to shoot some fools, danced on ma pole to finish with a trip etc etc. Felt a good deal more different though. 

Were there rumours that they were going to open it up a touch more as the beta went on? More guns? The 3rd subclasss? I'd heard a wiffle here and about.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!