Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Subbax wrote:
    That Crimson ornament is legit amazing. I want that so bad.

It's gorgeous innit?  'Twas in the store a while ago, could be back at some point.
  • Yeah, I’ve got that same ornament, it’s really nice.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    I didn't realise I needed something special to get the reward from escalation on Mars. I did it twice.

Aye.  The chest at the end rewards you with an armour piece.  To open it you need to get 7 Rasputin key fragments from certain activities on Mars (a Mars Nightfall gives you all 7), take them to Ana Bray and she'll give you an Encrypted Cache Key.  Complete enough rounds of EP and it'll turn into a Decrypted Cache Key and you can use it to open the final chest.  You can only get 1 Encrypted Cache Key a week from Ana.  

If you're thinking this all sounds like a massive pain in the arse, you'd be right.
    Wait what? I've got an encrypted cache key and 7 Rasputin key fragments in my quest list. Are those what you're taking about?

Where should I bring those? I've no idea where and how I got them.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Ah, if you've got the encrypted key then you need to do the Escalation Protocol event on Mars.  It's the horde mode style thing that you start by raising the big black pillars from the ground.  There's one right outside Ana Bray's house, if you're not sure where to go.

Like stormy said, EP has rounds from 1 to 7 and a chest drops after killing the big bad in round 7.  If you join another EP that's in progress and you complete round 7 then triggering it again starts from round 6 instead of round 1 apparently, so that's nice.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I think you need to do 7 rounds of EP for the Encrypted key to turn into a Decrypted key (which you need to open the final chest).  These can be over multiple EP's though, so if you fail a few, no worries.

To complete round 7 of Escalation Protocol you're really gonna need other Guardians with you, a full Fireteam is great, a couple of extra randoms on top of that is even better. 

I'm a big fan of EP.  When there's 6 Guardians involved at the higher tiers, power weapons, grenades, and supers all over the place, and more particle effects than your eyes can cope with.  Brilliant.
  • Finally got Wendigo last night after following Cinty's advice and running double grenade launchers during Strikes.  That's not something I've ever done, and I usually keep my heavy ammo for boss encounters, so prioritising my Fighting Lion/Orewing's Maul and Love and Death for general encounters felt weird at first.  Then it felt awesome.  Now my Orewing's Maul (95 velocity and spikes) is gonna become a regular rotation weapon, as I can still run exotics like Monte Carlo/Crimson/Outbreak/whatever in the kinetic slot.
  • Finally got Wendigo last night after following Cinty's advice and running double grenade launchers during Strikes.  That's not something I've ever done, and I usually keep my heavy ammo for boss encounters, so prioritising my Fighting Lion/Orewing's Maul and Love and Death for general encounters felt weird at first.  Then it felt awesome.  Now my Orewing's Maul (95 velocity and spikes) is gonna become a regular rotation weapon, as I can still run exotics like Monte Carlo/Crimson/Outbreak/whatever in the kinetic slot.

My man!

Double grenades = loadout of champions.
  • It turns out that I apparently agreed to see Airbourne this Saturday, so I tag Cinty back in for a raid.
  • Me
    Davie
    Nina
    Skade

We need 2 more for eater of worlds - happy to take people through for the first time.

Saturday 3:30 / 4pm uk time start. Anyone interested?

• I can't promise anything just yet, but I might be around, and I might be able to fill the last place.  Will update as soon as I can.
  • Finally got Wendigo last night

Yeah but you dont have Hush. ;)

Randy's has become my grind, I fucking hate momentum control.
    Can-of-sprite
  • I'm just pretending Hush and any weapon to do with Crucible don't exist. Much better for my blood pressure that way.
  • I've been chuckling to myself about your Hush grind for the last ten minutes.  How's the Randy's progress going?  Aside from the pain in your soul?
  • As I quite like gambit Hush wasn't too bad (except it was), at least doing it got me a good way along for 21% delirium.

I'm about 60% through the 450 scout pvp kills needed for Randy's. Jumped 20% last night playing an hour and half of momentum control. Headshots from jade rabbit are 1 hit.

It's so dull though, and everybody is running scouts, snipers or grenades for the various pinical weapons.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Thank you!  The grind was real, but kinda worth it.

That should be the box quote
  • Me
    Davie
    Nina
    Skade

We need 2 more for eater of worlds - happy to take people through for the first time.

Not gonna work for me unfortunately. Have fun though. I'm definitely down for a raid sometime
  • Looks like the Raid's a no-go.  Can't rearrange my shit and the other person isn't available anyway.  Soz.
  • I can ask my daughter if she wants to join us.
    (she's 18 and quite mature and has a good handle on the game and her hunter)

She's never raided before though.
  • Big thanks to you guys explaining the ep stuff. Dived into a lot and never sure what's happening.

Will co-sign the glory of the particle effects and craziness though.

Had one of the menagerie bounties to collect 150 orbs of light. Was less than half way there, ep with a big group of randoms, one of whom was rocking the purple hunter super that tags everything.

80 odd orbs collected in one ep run. And constant supering.

Lols.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • [justify]From the new TWaB;

-The Recluse
    Removed the precision damage modifier

-The One Eyed Mask
    Removed the overshield granted from defeating an enemy that damaged you.

Holy shit.
    [/justify]
  • Does this mean there will be other stuff than Recluse used?

Daughters well up for raid and rather excited.
    (please tell me it's still happening?)
  • digi wrote:
    Does this mean there will be other stuff than Recluse used?

Daughters well up for raid and rather excited.
    (please tell me it's still happening?)

If we can get one more, sure. She’s welcome to play with us.
  • Me
    Digi
    Mini Fem-Digi
    Nina
    Skade

We need 1 more for eater of worlds - happy to take people through for the first time. Also would like a backup or two in case of drop outs / disconnects.

• digi wrote:
    Does this mean there will be other stuff than Recluse used?

Absolutely.  Exit Strategy and Subjunctive (with a good damage perk) are both 900's that hit higher headshot numbers than Recluse, but Recluse has always had that crazy precision damage on body shots when Master of Arms is active.  Not after the nerf coming with the next season.  This should let a whole bunch of other SMG's shine.

I mean, it'll still be great.  But a few other SMG's will be just as great.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    What platform is the raid on?  PS4?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax wrote:
    What platform is the raid on?  PS4?

Indeed
  • And as it's Y1 content you could run your Xbox/PC characters via cross save.
  • Yup. Raids have mostly been PS4 this far, but hopefully this changes in future.

This raid should be available to all players - this is year one content so even if you “just” have the F2P package you can still join in! Don’t be afraid!
  • [justify]From the new TWaB;

-The Recluse
    Removed the precision damage modifier

-The One Eyed Mask
    Removed the overshield granted from defeating an enemy that damaged you.

Holy shit.
    [/justify]

Easy mode just got less easy.

Without some numbers it is difficult to know how much of a nerf that is to the Recluse, but it should reward aiming over spray and pray. (Wont make much difference on PC, as it practically a laser to aim.)

These going to be in a hot fix, or next season?
    Can-of-sprite

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!