Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Skade wrote:

Easy mode just got less easy.

Without some numbers it is difficult to know how much of a nerf that is to the Recluse, but it should reward aiming over spray and pray. (Wont make much difference on PC, as it practically a laser to aim.)

These going to be in a hot fix, or next season?

Next season. Master of Arms is brilliant, and even without the precision damage on body shots I reckon Recluse will still be top tier. There'll just be a couple of other SMG's joining it.

Everyone should get on the Exit Strategy and Subjunctive grind.
  • What will improving it's damage mean then, if its not headshot damage?
  • Me
    Digi
    Mini Fem-Digi
    Nina
    Skade

We need 1 more for eater of worlds - happy to take people through for the first time. Also would like a backup or two in case of drop outs / disconnects.

Saturday 3:30 / 4pm uk time start. Anyone interested?

Still need 1 more at least for the raid. Would love to have a stand in, especially as my internet ain’t great.

So, if you’re interested in raiding (and even if you have the game on another console), as long as you have a PS4 you can join due to cross save and this being a year one raid.

Join us!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Give me an hour to smooth things over with the missus and there's a chance I'm in.

FYI, this will be super difficult so zero promises.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Don’t force it bud, but I’d love to have you in. Keep me posted.

Offer is still open!

Even if subba joins I may need someone to take my place.

The PS4 team clueless raid clue:

1. Is happy to carry
    2. Has multiple raid completions (somehow!)
    3. Is welcoming
  • Also are people free Sunday? Could do double raid weekend as I'm open. Would happily run a garden of salvation as I don't think any of us have done that yet.
  • Also are people free Sunday? Could do double raid weekend as I'm open. Would happily run a garden of salvation as I don't think any of us have done that yet.

I can be, and I can always get daughter to be free too.

• Or raid saturday, dungeon sunday.
  • Or raid saturday, dungeon sunday.

All sounds good to me.
  • digi wrote:
    Also are people free Sunday? Could do double raid weekend as I'm open. Would happily run a garden of salvation as I don't think any of us have done that yet.

Cool, lets pencil in a dungeon for sunday then, and if we get more interest we can switch to raid.
  • digi wrote:
    Also are people free Sunday? Could do double raid weekend as I'm open. Would happily run a garden of salvation as I don't think any of us have done that yet.

Cool, lets pencil in a dungeon for sunday then, and if we get more interest we can switch to raid.

Sounds like a plan pal.
    And if all goes to shit we can just two man everything!
  • Fuck yeah!

We so good.
  • What will improving it's damage mean then, if its not headshot damage?

No one knows just yet.  The only thing they've made clear is that precision damage applying to body shots is too much.  And it is.
  • *spends 12 seconds trying to find the right spot to stand*
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    What are dungeons?

I could theoretically be there on a Sunday, but I don't want things to run too far into the day. B is usually still asleep if I get out early so I'm not wasting his weekends when I play then (again, he gets really antsy if I he has to stay in too long).
  • Nina wrote:
    What are dungeons?

I could theoretically be there on a Sunday, but I don't want things to run too far into the day. B is usually still asleep if I get out early so I'm not wasting his weekends when I play then (again, he gets really antsy if I he has to stay in too long).

There like mini raids for a fireteam of 3.
    So far there is the shatterd throne (forsaken)
    And the new one on the moon (shadowkeep)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ah I see, don't have those but sounds like fun.

So if the raid happens tomorrow (I'm hoping for people to be online that don't check this thread that often), is there a specific load out that would be useful for Eater of Worlds? I think when i looked up length I saw the article mention no rocket / grenade launcher for boss, but I didn't really read up on it.

I spent a lot of time a previous evening getting rid of duplicate weapons, I'm now at 85 legendary shards and probably need to read up / try out the different abilities they come with. Is there a list somewhere of all possible abilities? The text on screen is so small that I don't really enjoy figuring it out that way.
  • If you have anti-barrier rounds on your gun, apparently you can shoot through the bosses shield, so that could be worth doing.

I used to use a machine gun, but they don't do as much damage any more.
  • For boss damage I'd always recommend any rocket launcher with cluster bombs.

Or even better is the exotic linear fusion rifle I forget the name of. (from Mars opening them 45 things, you don't need 45 but it's so many)

Any kinetic you feel comfortable with.

For abilities it would be great to have one hunter running tether.
    (il explain why better during raid, I'm a much better talker than typing on my phone)
    And any golden gun hunters are helpful too especially if they have exotic celestial nighthawk helmet.
    (pure damage)

Il proboubly bring bubble titan or hammers.
    Dante will probably do the same but opposite.

Not sure what you were mailing Nina was it hunter as I thought?
    Best way to learn the abilities is just have a play with them, drop in to well or Escalation (something not threatening) and just go mad on supers and get the hang of them.

• Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    If I'm around I only have a Titan at 906.  The other two are still at 750.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • You'll be fine. It's 750 anyway.
  • Yeah, so for eater of worlds I don't want to give too much away depending on how many 1st timers we have for the raid lair. After all, half the fun is figuring it out. If 50% of the crew are new, we'll sit back and let them figure shit out. If more that 50% have done it before, we'll carry. Because, honestly, only having 2 new players makes it hard to figure shit out as you need everyone working together. So we'll see on the day.

Re: loudout

In the beginning i'd suggest some type of scout or sniper. 

After that whatever you're comfortable with until the final boss where your heavy will be somewhat important. However, if we have multiple 950+ members with a lot of exotics (which we do) DPS shouldn't be a major issue.

So yeah, just make sure you can snipe / scout in the first section. After that, it's all good.
  • And...I'm excited. We're back in business, boys!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm a Warlock Davie.

Jumping around between void and arc because those always come up in bounties. Haven't tried fire yet and can't say I enjoy void that much. The super is unreliable whenever I use it.

Don't have many exotic weapons yet, I've got the Halloween event one (auto rifle) that has been in my primary slot since I got it and a shotgun that goes on the heavy slot (tractor something, it looks a bit like something that could be in Portal).

I'll check if I have things with anti barrier rounds and cluster bombs.

I do have linear fusion rifles (not exotic) but they behaved so weird that I vault them without looking.
  • Nina wrote:
    What are dungeons? I could theoretically be there on a Sunday, but I don't want things to run too far into the day. B is usually still asleep if I get out early so I'm not wasting his weekends when I play then (again, he gets really antsy if I he has to stay in too long).

Yeah, as Davie said they're basically 3-person raids. More mechanically complex than strikes (like raids) but do-able with groups of 3 (like strikes). Davie and I managed to 2-man the new dungeon up until the 3rd (?) section, so it's definitely do-able with one more. 

I'd love for you to join, and I've no issue dropping out if internet connection is bad and letting you run through with Davie and Little Davie Lady - she's a treat and deffo seems like good company, so there's no issues there.
  • Subbax wrote:
    If I'm around I only have a Titan at 906.  The other two are still at 750.

That's zero issue.
  • @Digi - i can do tether. I have Orpheus and I love running it. It'll mean I can't do Celestial Nighthawk on the boss which I always used to do, but we should be fine damage wise nowadays anyway.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I have never touched a sniper rifle in this game but I'm currently using the Madrugada SR2 scout and I love that one.

I just wish B and the roommate wouldn't mimic the sounds it makes whenever I'm playing. Pisses me off.
  • @Nina - Halloween weapon should actually be super-solid for this raid lair. It's decent damage-wise, there's lots of mobs so you can trigger multi-killclip and it will be masterworked for orb generation. If you're happy to use that gun, i'd suggest using it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!