Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Cheers fellas. How long do the seasons last in this? Is this basically the next 12 months?

3-4 months usually but last one over run.
  • CIUgpul.png

From left to right;

Just Beyond Light

Beyond Light, plus pass for Season 12 and the No Time to Explain Exotic Pulse Rifle and catalyst.

Beyond Light, plus pass for Seasons 12-15, the No Time to Explain Exotic Pulse Rifle, ornament, catalyst, and the Any Other Sky Exotic Sparrow.

The passes are £10 per season on their own.

For page turn.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers Davie
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Cheers Davie

I miss you buddy, and Dante obviously.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Would be good to have a D2 catch up again at some point mate. I’ve moved over to PS5 unfortunately. Will be good if we can cross play at some point.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I was googling crossplay, should be coming next year.
  • PS4/5 should be able to play together.
  • The season pass is just extra unlocks when you level up right? And extra exotic missions I guess?
  • I have fond memories of being shit playing with you chaps.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    PS4/5 should be able to play together.
    Cool, will be on over Crimbo then and I’ll get the £30 odd middle ground bundle.
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    I have fond memories of being shit playing with you chaps.

This... I was very shit.
  • PS4/5 should be able to play together.

They can iv been playing with a few lads who are on ps5 and I'm not.
    :(
  • The season pass is just extra unlocks when you level up right? And extra exotic missions I guess?

That plus a seasonal event that usually rewards season-specific weapons, sometimes extra weekly missions, and the odd extra story mission here and there. We've even had Raids and Dungeons as part of seasons before, though I think the Dungeon was available to everyone.

Haven't actually played any of the current seasonal content though, so am unsure how substantial it is compared to others.

That plus a seasonal event that usually rewards season-specific weapons, sometimes extra weekly missions, and the odd extra story mission here and there. We've even had Raids and Dungeons as part of seasons before, though I think the Dungeon was available to everyone.

Haven't actually played any of the current seasonal content though, so am unsure how substantial it is compared to others.

Ah ok, thanks! I’ve avoided it since it all seems made for multiplayer with no matchmaking. The only things I play are campaign and strikes really. The exotics and stuff are nice though.

Although to be honest I’m still using the sunshot from when I last played D2, as it’s the best for pve...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Love me some sunshot. Boom.

Ah ok, thanks! I’ve avoided it since it all seems made for multiplayer with no matchmaking. The only things I play are campaign and strikes really. The exotics and stuff are nice though.

Although to be honest I’m still using the sunshot from when I last played D2, as it’s the best for pve...

The things you would miss out on without season pass this time is the crows hunts and Hawkmoons quest.
    (I don't have season pass either, will get at some point).

Crows hunts are pish but are an extra way to get pinnacles every week.
    Hawkmoons quest is supposedly good to great but the weapon is a little poor for us nostalgic of the older model from D1.
    b0r1s wrote:

Me too.

So many other worthy exotics now though.
    I'm currently working on the symmetry catalist and means I have to lay down my lament etc.

(Telesto is still my fave)
  • digi wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

Me too.

So many other worthy exotics now though.
    I'm currently working on the symmetry catalist and means I have to lay down my lament etc.

(Telesto is still my fave)

Oh man when I started forsaken they just give you the riskrunner after the first few missions and I had to do everything I could not to use it forever and ever, it’s legit one of the best exotics I’ve ever used in PVE. Zzzzt.

I still love the satisfaction of sunshot though, that one headshot on a group and they just all start jumping around exploding.
  • Destiny weapons are things of joy and wonder. The regular legendary items feel better to shoot than most other games ever manage, but the exotics... They're not just as satisfying to use as they are beautiful to look at, but they're often characters in their own right, dripping with personality and with stories behind them.

There are far too many I adore to list, but if I had to pick a single exotic weapon to commit to, it'd be Ace of Spades It's everything about that gun, the look of it, the effects, the feel of the damn thing, and the story. Just perfect.
  • Am also Sunshotting a lot at present (11k kills according to the tracker), since you can get it to queef up warmind cells too for even more excellent mob clearance.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Suspecting the answer is no here, but I fancy firing this up on pc over Xmas and then switching to ps5 when I get that. I know I can transfer character but I'm suspecting if I buy expansion that's system locked?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Suspecting the answer is no here, but I fancy firing this up on pc over Xmas and then switching to ps5 when I get that. I know I can transfer character but I'm suspecting if I buy expansion that's system locked?

I'm pretty sure it all comes with you and crossplay is coming in 2021 to all systems.

• Expansions are system locked. Season passes are not, because they are a Silver purchase.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Given I have no clue when I'll get a PS5 and my destiny vibe is right now, and my pc ain't going anywhere I might just fire through on there.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Given I have no clue when I'll get a PS5 and my destiny vibe is right now, and my pc ain't going anywhere I might just fire through on there.

I recommend CD Keys if you're doing that, cheaper than even the Steam sale price.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Great, thanks. Does Beyond Light give me the Forsaken stuff too?
  • No, but that and Shadowkeep are about £5-6.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ah, okay. So what is best for me to do, given I have just base D2 on PC? Is it worth battering through those first?
  • In terms of increasing your level/power level, no. In terms of having an overwhelming amount of missions to do meaning you'll have no idea what you should do, yes :) Its good content but yeah, it gets difficult to know what you're supposed to be doing. If you're looking for content, yes. If you're looking to get up to level to raid i don't think there's any advantage.
  • I honestly don't know what you get with the base game any more. Forsaken is probably the best story though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Forsaken and Shadowkeep are showing as free on PSN.
  • Is that because you own them?

Edit - yes it is, if I sign out it's £6.59.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!