Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Anything
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Obviously
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    On PC Yossi! Jumped ship from Xbox about two years ago after I saw Destiny running at 144fps / 1440p on PC. Although from what I gather we're back on par now again.
  • Still DTF on Xbox with whomever.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm down to run through the older campaigns if anyone else is? I can only find the start to one of them though, the one on the moon. There's enough content that I can see people passing each other like spaceships in the night

I'd forgotten how bad the writing in Destiny could be but the intro to this was a stark reminder, something about planets disappearing? Fuck knows or cares
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I find myself eye-rolling hard at all of those bits of text where you’re listening to a voiceover and there’s this whole thing written next to them with stuff like “her eyes narrow and her lips pinch, deep down she’s concerned about what she must ask the young Guardian to do, but she knows there’s no other option. Despite her misgivings she hides her concern and speaks. ‘Go to Europa and investigate these disturbances’”.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    On PC Yossi! Jumped ship from Xbox about two years ago after I saw Destiny running at 144fps / 1440p on PC. Although from what I gather we're back on par now again.

I think I’m limited to 120FPS. Ah well.
    Still DTF on Xbox with whomever.

Good to know.

Would like to get a Nightfall and a dungeon down at some point at least.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    For my old gear, keep the exotics because they can be upgraded but I can bin off the rest, right? I'm getting blue drops that are higher level than my current gear but my inventory is pretty full. Can't be arsed to fuck around with going back to the tower to sort it out. Fuck knows how we did this back in the day, it's bad enough with the fast load times. Orbit shouldn't be a thing
  • For my old gear, keep the exotics because they can be upgraded but I can bin off the rest, right? I'm getting blue drops that are higher level than my current gear but my inventory is pretty full. Can't be arsed to fuck around with going back to the tower to sort it out. Fuck knows how we did this back in the day, it's bad enough with the fast load times. Orbit shouldn't be a thing

https://destinyitemmanager.com/
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Some old stuff can be upgraded, but not much.

I think it shows a maximum power level for each item in there somewhere.

There are also logos in the top right, from what I can tell, the stuff which can’t be upgraded will have a black icon on a white background rather than the other way around.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cheers Dante, I'll give that a look.

@Yoss surely most exotics are upgradable? I know some got left behind when they deleted content but I thought the ones I've still got are ok. I'll have a squint next time I'm on

It's starting to feel like I should delete my characters and start from scratch. I've got a warlock and titan at the old max level but can't really remember what I was doing with them or how I set up their skill trees
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sorry, yes, all exotics are upgradeable AFAIA, some older legendaries are upgradeable as well, I believe.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Also, I started a brand new build when I was getting back into this. It skips pretty much all of the start up stuff where you unlock skill trees in the current version, so that wasn’t much help.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Oh. I'll deffo be up for something, if even just to pick your brains. There's a lot going on which I used to know about, how to chain your super into grenades and melees etc to reduce the cooldowns on all of them. Any joy for tomorrow night? Nightfalls and dungeons are out unfortunately, I'll not be at the right level
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tomorrow night could well be a goer.

And I am still learning a lot of this stuff myself, I’ve just put in a lot of hours since Christmas.
  • Did lots of pew pew today and am not far off 1200. Managed to finish the main part of the campaign and no onto post-campaign stuff. It’s a lot of fun.
  • Some of the post-campaign stuff in Riis-Reborn is great, What a fantastic group of locations that is.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Tomorrow night could well be a goer.

And I am still learning a lot of this stuff myself, I’ve just put in a lot of hours since Christmas.

Hello. I'm up for revisiting some Destiny
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Tomorrow night might be okay for me too.
  • Some of the post-campaign stuff in Riis-Reborn is great, What a fantastic group of locations that is.

Yeah - weird one that. The post-campaign locations and missions are actually better than the actual campaign.
  • Got the pinnacle sniper today and a fragment for my stasis setup. A day well spent.
  • Got the pinnacle sniper today and a fragment for my stasis setup. A day well spent.

Adored?
    I'd say work on 'the lament' and 'cloudstrike' next as they are god tier for everything now and easy to get.

Edit: I'm just helping my other half with xenophage quest but I'm about all day if you want a hand or anything.
    Welcome to join our chat too.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I completely failed to make it online last night, but should be around later this afternoon/evening on Xbox.
  • Yeah sorry haha, was out and about with the missus and watching things with her yesterday.

Tonight might work but I'll be very late, at least an 11pm start.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You might catch me for a bit at 11, but likely not for long.
  • I'll be dead to the world by 11.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • digi wrote:
    Got the pinnacle sniper today and a fragment for my stasis setup. A day well spent.

Adored?
    I'd say work on 'the lament' and 'cloudstrike' next as they are god tier for everything now and easy to get.

Edit: I'm just helping my other half with xenophage quest but I'm about all day if you want a hand or anything.
    Welcome to join our chat too.

Sorry - missed this message - will jump on chat next time.

Managed to get The Lament finished last night before bed, so managed to get 2 stasis fragments, adored, the lament and empire hunts unlocked.

Will have a look at how to get cloudstrike, thanks for the heads up.
    Adored? I'd say work on 'the lament' and 'cloudstrike' next as they are god tier for everything now and easy to get. Edit: I'm just helping my other half with xenophage quest but I'm about all day if you want a hand or anything. Welcome to join our chat too.
    Sorry - missed this message - will jump on chat next time. Managed to get The Lament finished last night before bed, so managed to get 2 stasis fragments, adored, the lament and empire hunts unlocked. Will have a look at how to get cloudstrike, thanks for the heads up.

Do you do these quests solo? I've tried to do a couple of quests (older, not these ones) and find it's too hard on my own most of the time...
    Adored? I'd say work on 'the lament' and 'cloudstrike' next as they are god tier for everything now and easy to get. Edit: I'm just helping my other half with xenophage quest but I'm about all day if you want a hand or anything. Welcome to join our chat too.
    Sorry - missed this message - will jump on chat next time. Managed to get The Lament finished last night before bed, so managed to get 2 stasis fragments, adored, the lament and empire hunts unlocked. Will have a look at how to get cloudstrike, thanks for the heads up.

Do you do these quests solo? I've tried to do a couple of quests (older, not these ones) and find it's too hard on my own most of the time...

Yeah, all solo.

I did some strikes for a bit as the level requirements on restart are tough - found myself dying quite easy. After upping my gear a bit I didn’t have too much issue. Some tough bosses though.
  • That's encouraging, although it might be that you're just a really good player, or I might just also be a really bad player, or both...  in which case *sigh*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!