Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Like a lot of Destiny I started it late then realised Saturday I only had a few days before it ended. Think I’m 1222. Some raids and nightfalls will help.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I hammered the Dawning stuff, it was pretty much free XP. I’ve reached season rank 47 and power 1237 on my new Titan build I started on Boxing Day.

Aye - XP gains seem good. I just really hate min-maxing / grind stuff (even though that’s a big chunk of the game). Also, I seem to have FOMO aversion. Tell me sth is only available for two weeks and I’ll sack the whole thing off.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah I’d done most of it and had 50% of the last triumph done so figured it’d be quick. Nope! Three days of back to back strikes to get shit to make shit.

Cool. Not sure if we’re friends on PSN. But send me a request.

My ID is: ib0r1s

I’ve also not raided in ages, would be good to get people together for one.

I'm we were hoping you woulda been on last night,
    Did a quick DSC then done a riven cheese but we only had 5.
    Always down to raid or help with nightfalls etc.
    X
  • Yeah, might hit you lot up once I’ve done the Beyond Light main campaign - it’s been a while and I have no idea what I should be doing.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I had a look at Destiny 2 on Game Pass last night and I didn't even know where I should start downloading. There's four tiles, vanilla D2, Forsaken, Shadow Keep and Beyond Light. Do you need them all? I thought vanilla D2 was retired, but do I still need it to play the rest?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    From what I’ve played so far, you can safely skip Forsaken and Shadowkeep for the time being. Some fun story stuff in there, but all of the gear I’ve been rewarded with so far is outdated.

You’ll definitely need Beyond Light, I suspect you’ll need the base game too.
  • Shadowkeep's worth having for some of the exotics, namely Xenophage, the easiest big dmg gun in the game for your raid bosses etc.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Good to know.

I am planning to run through Shadowkeep at some stage, but I’ve already been inundated with quests from BL, I’d like to clear a few of those and finish the Forsaken quests that are clogging up my quests screen before adding more to do.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Oh, and Sparkles, hit me up if you want to run through some stuff together. Be good to have someone else on Xbox for some of these challenges.
  • Aye, what a wonderful, dumb gun Xenophage is. The Dungeon is also worth the Shadowkeep asking price. Expect some outdated gear.

Forsaken has the best campaign and that opening mission is the single best story mission in D2. Plus there's the Dungeon, which is nothing short of stunning. Again, expect some outdated gear.

The base game will give you a little intro questline, and access to the Strike, Gambit, and Crucible playlists, an is where you need to start. Beyond Light is where the story currently is, and it's pretty cool.
  • I'm feeling the draw again. Maybe this weekend.

Doooooooo iiiiit.
  • I had a look at Destiny 2 on Game Pass last night and I didn't even know where I should start downloading. There's four tiles, vanilla D2, Forsaken, Shadow Keep and Beyond Light. Do you need them all? I thought vanilla D2 was retired, but do I still need it to play the rest?

Vanilla 2 is the actual game, you will need at least that. If your pipes are fine, download them all. If not, start with Beyond Light.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    digi wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah I’d done most of it and had 50% of the last triumph done so figured it’d be quick. Nope! Three days of back to back strikes to get shit to make shit. Cool. Not sure if we’re friends on PSN. But send me a request. My ID is: ib0r1s I’ve also not raided in ages, would be good to get people together for one.
    I'm we were hoping you woulda been on last night, Did a quick DSC then done a riven cheese but we only had 5. Always down to raid or help with nightfalls etc. X

Yeah sorry was burned out from Dawning, watched crap TV instead :-)
    Doooooooo iiiiit.

Dammit! Yeah okay. 

I only have Beyond Light on PC atm, as I just can't go back to playing it on base PS4. Will get it for PS5 as soon as I can get one though.
  • I had a look at Destiny 2 on Game Pass last night and I didn't even know where I should start downloading. There's four tiles, vanilla D2, Forsaken, Shadow Keep and Beyond Light. Do you need them all? I thought vanilla D2 was retired, but do I still need it to play the rest?

Vanilla 2 is the actual game, you will need at least that. If your pipes are fine, download them all. If not, start with Beyond Light.

You shouldn’t even need to download them - if you own them, just make sure they show as “purchased” or “free”. You’ll only be downloading the one file - the D2 base game.

Or, at least, that’s how it worked for me.
  • Actually yeah, I think you're right on that. Click everything.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    When cross-play comes in I might be more inclined to play as we can all buddy up. Burned out again on my own though.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    digi wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Yeah I’d done most of it and had 50% of the last triumph done so figured it’d be quick. Nope! Three days of back to back strikes to get shit to make shit. Cool. Not sure if we’re friends on PSN. But send me a request. My ID is: ib0r1s I’ve also not raided in ages, would be good to get people together for one.
    I'm we were hoping you woulda been on last night, Did a quick DSC then done a riven cheese but we only had 5. Always down to raid or help with nightfalls etc. X

Yeah sorry was burned out from Dawning, watched crap TV instead :-)

Don't be sorry pal, I was just hopeful is all.
    Be about a bit today till footy time.
  • I’m on now if anyone wants to party up and just do some campaign stuff or strikes.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Working. Might be on later.
  • I’m on now if anyone wants to party up and just do some campaign stuff or strikes.

My better half is using the playstation to watch some shit.
    Il be on in a bit though, shame the clan died on playstation.
  • digi wrote:
    I’m on now if anyone wants to party up and just do some campaign stuff or strikes.

My better half is using the playstation to watch some shit.
    Il be on in a bit though, shame the clan died on playstation.

It comes and goes - the clan, I mean. It’s cross plat, so once cross play comes in it shouldn’t be a huge issue to get numbers again.

Also, Beyond Light has some surprisingly tricky bits. Was late so didn’t have time to have a proper go, but I got up to a tasty boss fight last night.
  • My PS4 is back working!

As I bought the idiot edition on PC, I only need to buy the normal one on PS4 right? I'm 98% sure this is the case, but thought I'd check.
  • Yup. Seasons transfer over.
  • Huzzah. D2 action again boys.

Played some last night, briefly, with Shabbers and it was fun to hang out and mindlessly pew pew while chatting.

Then spent a bit of time getting some gear with HIGHER NUMBERS so that I can continue on with the main campaign.

D2 on PS5 is sooooo good.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Damn, looking forward to crossplay so we can hang out together. Unless I get a PS5 in the mean time that is. Have a better chance of meeting Evlis on streets though...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Haven't played since Monday, will be back on tonight and over the weekend if anyone wants to strike etc.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Damn, looking forward to crossplay so we can hang out together. Unless I get a PS5 in the mean time that is. Have a better chance of meeting Evlis on streets though...

I’m available on Xbox if you want to do anything.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!