myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Guess I should update my list with Monument Valley, A Normal Lost Phone, Captain Toad, Bravely Default and Ghost Trick.

Not too bad so far, feel like I'm very slowly catching up with my pile.
  • 8. Dead Cells (Switch) - 10-15 hrs played, unfinished

Just not my thing. I tried to like it, but can’t. 10-15 hrs is a fair shot I’d say. 

9. Return of the Obra Dinn (MacOS)

Great game. Had me hooked and intrigued. Pope does it again.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 12. Destiny 2: Warmind (PS4)- A big improvement on the last one when it comes to the story, and brought in some mechanical improvements too. Raid lair is great fun, quite different to the others. Top stuff.
  • 13. Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) - oh my God. This isn't just game of the year. It's the game of my life. It features adult Spidey, and has as much focus on Peter as it does Spidey. It brings it some much more recent characters, Yuri, Mr Negative and Miles god damn Morales! Jamesons recasting as Alex Jones is perfect.

I can't go into much more story detail without spoilers, but damn it this is a Spider-Fans wet dream. It has, I'm told all the open world stuff, but I dont play those games so I don't know. It all works, bar a couple of the Taskmaster challenges which require stuff the rest of the game doesnt really. The side stuff didnt drag until the third act, but again, would be mean going into story spoilers to explain why. An almost perfect game, play it now if you haven't yet.
  • Wow, high praise. Definitely a game I wanna play at some point.
  • 14. Woah Dave! (PS4) - Utter trash. Avoid.
  • Someone must've liked it, there's a Woah Dave! Vs the Aliens thing out too.
  • Sounds like an MMG.
  • I tried it, Dante is spot on with his assessment.  It's certainly no Don't Die Mr. Robot.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I'm up to 45, with my post all updated within linkidoodars.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    46 now.  59 last year.  So I'm now over 52x2 for this year + last, woooo
  • In Linkidoodars sounds like such an MMG.
  • 15. The Order:1886 (PS4) - It's fine. 

I've no idea how this caused so much fuss. For the record it look me about 7 hours to complete. I can only imagine those clocking 4-5 were absolutely racing through. yeah it's cutscene and QTE heavy, but so what? The story remained interesting, and the QTE's only occasionally grated. Having played games that came out in the aftermath, there are better was to integrate them into your game (hello Spider-Man), but I don't think it's particularly worse than anything of it's time. The guns are varied and fun, and combat is very Gears, which I like.

There are a bunch of weird decisions that are very "new console cycle", like picking up items and being able to move them in your hand. This does something precisely twice in the whole game, and reeks of showing off new tech and throwing things in because you can, rather than because it makes the game better.

What it does have is a stunning world. There are plenty of incidental details, and though it's a linear experience, it makes you want to explore this beautiful alternate 19th century London. Even 3 years on it looks great, and I feel it's a shame they never made any more.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Managed to finish one recently. It's been a while.

7. Lost Frontier - PC
    As close to Advance Wars as I've been. Completed it on iOS a while ago, but couldn't resist another stab on PC. 8

Currently going through and 3 starring everything, then there are some challenge missions to do. Top drawer stuff.
  • 16. Burly Men at Sea (PS4) - Ok, so this is short! I have to say, I didn't really get this one. I'd advise people not go go in blind like I did, or you'll come away disappointed I think. It's not much of a game in terms of you actually doing anything. It's essentially a choose your own adventure. here is choice, what choice do you want to make, thing happens as a result. Which as I say, would have been fine were I expecting that. I went in thinking there would be puzzles, puzzles there are not.

The controls aren't greatly optimised for PS4. You move the screen rather than the characters, which you can do with the the right stick for some reason, or the triggers as I did. The left stick controls an unwieldy cursor. This would have been much better on PC, or I imagine Vita, with a touch screen to select.

It's very charming, it looks lovely, and the background music is very jaunty, whilst still relaxing. I liked the dialogue, which is fortunate, and am planning to replay to see the other adventures, which hopefully now I know what I'm in for will be more enjoyable. My playthrough was about half an hour, Although I suppose other choices might be longer. So yeah, play it, just know what it is.
  • Heh, even I played that one until I'd seen all routes (which took well under two hours).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Half an hour eh. Sweet.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    47!
  • I've since platinumed it. I have nothing more to add.
  • Updated OP with games 37–41.

37. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
    7th March 2017 - 4th September 2018
    Huge open world tactical shooter.  As a squad of ghost operatives, you are tasked with taking down a complete Bolivian drugs cartel using all the toys at your disposal; guns, gadgets and vehicles.  What follows doesn't exactly fit the TC Ghost template as you barrel around the wonderfully detailed location, bumbling through heist, hijack and shootouts in a haphazard fashion.  You do occasionally complete a mission in a sleek, professional style, and when you do you feel like a god.  The game is a massive collectathon; guns, attachments, XP medals, data files... all filling out the map with icons needing to be cleared.  The missions are not without their repetition, but it is a good game to dip into with friends and cooperatively clean up Bolivia.  Not quite the this gen Operation Flashpoint I hoped it would be but good fun. 7

38. Tower of Guns
    22nd September 2018
    Described by its creator, Joe Mirabello as a 'lunch break experience', this short roguelike shooter sees you blasting through a series of random areas and boss battles.  Designed to be played over many runs, as you buff your weapon level with each run enabling you to extend your run further.  There are a set of perks that you unlock which can also alter each run to give you differing experiences.  Quite a nifty little shooter, not something that lingers in the mind too long after, but a smooth blast at the time. 6.5

39. Westerado: Double Barreled
    6th October 2018 - 7th October 2018
    Like an 8 bit Read Dead Redemption, but unfortunately not as good.  A wild west tale of revenge that starts off quite well but was spoiled for me by a frustrating end sequence.  You must track down the murderer of your family by obtaining clues to his appearance, achieved by completing missions, these then reveal details such as hat colour, belt buckle and so on.  The shooting controls are necessarily clunky, asking you to cock your revolver before shooting, but you also can only fire on the horizontal axis, which can make shootouts a frustrating experience at times.  I figure this was a design decision, for better or worse.  The hats for health system is a neat trick however, allowing you to shoot the hats off enemies and then pick them up to refill your health.  Save for that rubbish end sequence, a decent retro inspired adventure, slightly spoiled. 6

40. The Park
    25th October 2018 - 26th October 2018
    A short first-person psychological horror.  You play as Lorraine, searching for your son, Callum, the little shit who has run off into a theme park closing for the day.  Upon entering the theme park, things quickly turn and the story plays out as you call out to your son and follow his voice, uncovering points of interest and intrigue along the way.  Best played with headphones, the sound design really does work to get the heckles up, offering a few jumps scares along the way.  The story is not award winning by any stretch, but does offer a journey that draws you around the theme park and keeps you invested towards its conclusion. 7

41. Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops
    6th November 2018 - 10th November 2018
    A port of the two Tiny Trooper mobile games in one package.  This Cannon Fodder clone offers a pretty meaningless blast that neither excels nor offends.  Guide your troopers around the map using twin stick controls, the game a great deal easier now than with the touch method employed on the mobile games.  The missions repeat, pretty much kill and destroy everything, but with cute bobble head characters and odd cartoon cut scenes that clash thematically. 5.5
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • ...Cannon Fodder clone...

Sorry to be Captain Pedantic, but this is misleading and may cause other people to buy it thinking they’re getting something similar to Cannon Fodder, like I did when I first bought it. It’s a twin-stick shooter, as you later identify. Other than the overhead perspective and having a ‘cute military’ styling (which is unlike CF’s cute military styling) there’s not much to compare the two.
  • OK, not a Cannon Fodder clone, it was the closest point of reference I could give.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    48!  Back ahead of schedule with a recent flurry.  Need to get three more in the bag and then consider Resi 4 as a final hurrah...
  • 69. Alex Kidd in Miracle World 2.
  • I’m going to play some rubbish and short iOS games to get my numbers up like Muzzy.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I haven't played a single iOS game tyvm
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    69. Alex Kidd in Miracle World 2.

So, it’s short and easy, then.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!