Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    trippy's right, the engine needs fucking out. I guess in that respect I do feel sorry for the devs. Pissing against the wind comes to mind.
  • Surprised to hear you say that Roujin as I thought you didn't want Bethesda anywhere near the Fallout series.

Makes me genuinely worried about how Starfield is going to turn out now. They're obviously wedded to Gamebyro for life. Incrementally tweaking it in the hope that it'll splutter out yet another title.  Sad.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Surprised to hear you say that Roujin as I thought you didn't want Bethesda anywhere near the Fallout series.

Makes me genuinely worried about how Starfield is going to turn out now. They're obviously wedded to Gamebyro for life. Incrementally tweaking it in the hope that it'll splutter out yet another title.  Sad.

They can go near the series, just stop fucking it up by trying to give it the broadest demographic appeal possible, just make a really good post apocalyptic RPG set in a nuclear wasteland where humans are clinging to their existence and thriving in the wastes is a rarity, not the norm it had become in F4 where loot was everywhere and people are single handedly building towns complete with running electricity all over the place and modifying up pre war military high tech gear like it was putting a new chain on a bike or something. People will buy that game if you give it a chance.

New Vegas was a good example that showed you don't need to follow the Vault Dweller route for your player characters but Bethesda seem to be unable to work like that, I mean their answer for a new faction in F4 was fucking blade runner androids.

I fear that Bethesda are pretty much chasing shareholder returns on investment at this point though judging by the fact that every single bus stop in my town has a poster for this game on it like this is Avengers Infinity War or something.

Oh and second Trippy and Haak, that engine gotta go already, it's way past it's use by date.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Dear Bethesda, please get the message and abandon this shitass cash grab and get back to work on an actual Fallout and Elder Scrolls 6.

Only gone happen when people vote with their wallets
    The Forum Herald™
  • Which is exactly what I did last night.  Damn thing was downloading its 50GB 1 day patch even though my payment history showed that, due to the quite fortuitous event of my credit card being cancelled recently by my bank due to 'suspicious activity', I hadn't actually paid for it.  No need to even cancel my pre-order!

But I'd be lying if I didn't say my finger didn't hover over the purchase button for at least a fleeting second.  I bought my original Xbox to play Morrowind, not Halo.  Upgraded my PC just to play Oblivion.  Bought Skyrim across three different platforms.  Invested thousands of hours in Fallout 3 & 4.  So it was bloody hard to admit that the Bethesda I once knew was simply no more.

Currently averaging a whopping 2.8 on Metacritc user scores, it's clear that Fallout 76 could be Bethesda's 'Mass Effect Andromeda' moment.   A game that symbolizes the death of a developer.  

Here's hoping the critical mauling that is sure to come and the lacklustre sales act as a wake up call to Bethesda so they realise fans can't be shaked down indefinitely.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    the Bethesda I once knew was simply no more

That's a pretty drastic statement to make based on one single game. Especially one that is quite obviously something done as a quick, thrown-together money-making exercise.
  • It only takes one game to ruin the reputation of a developer. And this is that game.  I consider it a watershed moment.  They used to be the don of open world games.  They aren't any more.

Their downfall also coincides with the rise of other devs who are just marmalizing them when it comes to building amazing open world games.

It's the end of an era. I just didn't see it ending like this.

giphy.gif
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yeah, steady on there, Blocks. This game is obviously an experiment, and almost seems to me more like a side project while they get on with their real business of making an epic single-player open-worlder (Starfield).
    Get schwifty.
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just reading that. I gave it the benefit of doubt when it was announced, but it looks like everyone who jumped to the MP Bethesda = Shite conclusion were bang on the money. Shame.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    They've never been the don of open worlds
  • Roujin wrote:
    Dear Bethesda, please get the message and abandon this shitass cash grab and get back to work on an actual Fallout and Elder Scrolls 6.

But they've never worked on "actual" fallout. They never understood what a Fallout game was meant to be.
  • Maybe, but I quickly got bored of the old ones and enjoy the new ones so comme ci comme ça.
  • I came here for an impartial opinion on this game and wow I'm shocked, it really is that bad!
  • The Jim Sterling vid on this.... Yeeeeeeeesh.
  • ZMM wrote:
    I came here for an impartial opinion on this game and wow I'm shocked, it really is that bad!

It’s actually out and there’s one poor review 

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/11/16/fallout-76-review/
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm guessing that's because there's only one review so far?
  • Yeah man but that was kind of my point yah?
    The Forum Herald™
  • It sucks balls, which is hard for me to say as I heart Bethesda.
  • You'd be better off going to a real irradiated wasteland.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DTApEDFEwM6VG9er6X1H01MDMQQ=.gif
  • The Jim Sterling vid on this.... Yeeeeeeeesh.

Thank God for Sterling.
  • Also this looks like steaming trash.
    That they thought that engine could stand up to online play is almost insulting.
    From the footage I have seen the asset flipping from F4 is very noticeable in a "oh it's that church from that bit of the map but with crates in it" way.

They stripped out all that was good of F4 (and there wasn't all that much) then crowbared in MP.

Nah, hard pass from me.
  • Now I’m usually pretty positive about most games, can usually find something to enjoy in all I play or look forward to playing.
    I’ve played the shit outta Oblivion and Skyrim, loved Fallout 3 and NV, found some fun in 4 but this is the first Bethesda game I’ve just gone “nope” flat out since it’s announcement.
    A multiplayer Fallout? Fuck off
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I've never played a Fallout game. I have been following footage of this one for a while though, and boy does it look like a pile of broken shite.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Is FO3 backwardly compatible? if so you should look it up g. imo it's a genuine modern classic and better than Skyrim.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I actually agree with Bob here.
    It’s great!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yeah FO3 is BC. I think its in the sale as well.
    I played through again this year, it holds up in that it's failings were there at the start.
  • I actually agree with Bob here.

When reading this, in my head, I imagine a kind of surprised note to their voice..

I replayed the whole thing a few years ago and had a lot of fun without.. my only complaint is that when fast travelling I'd like the option to fast travel into where I want to go.. as oppposed to outside, requiring a second loading screen.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!