The Bear and Badger Musical Appreciation Society
  • Moot Geeza, I think you'd like this album.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Now listening to:

Lissie - Castles

LEiwoA3.jpg

Got into Lissie through the amazing Twin Peaks musical performances. This is her new album. Excited.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    New Sleep album, first in decades, hath descended. Heavy enough to fall through my loungeroom floor alright.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Listening to the Saba album as it's gotten really good feedback.
  • Will check the new Alela Diane out.  To Be Still and About Farewell are the one's I've got, used to listen to the former loads.  

Always thought Lissie was talented but a bit inconsistent on the albums.  Her Jools Holland performance of Oh Mississippi doesn't seem to be on Youtube any more, otherwise I'd post that.  Terrific performance, great song.
  • Finally listened to new Kasey Musgraves and, oh my, it’s really rather excellent.

Otherwise it’s Kid Moxie and Beck. Looking forward to seeing him next month so much.
  • Still can't get enough of this stunning, stunning album. Closes spectacularly, as heard here:

• Now listening to:

J. Cole - KOD

Yv0WRzK.jpg

Excited to hear this. He's got some talent and no mistake.
  • Enjoyable album that. Not up there with his best but still solid throughout with some top lyrical work. Nice use of melody too.

Now listening to:

T-Pain - Oblivion

iABWsHX.jpg

I was sad to see the hilariously titled Stoicville cancelled, but I am still glad to see T-Pain back. He deserves way more respect than he gets in R&B circles. He was along with The-Dream one of the people to keep the genre alive during its fallow years. His use of autotuner as a vocoder/talk box style flourish is probably the most influential thing in R&B of the last decade.
  • And a lot of rap too.
  • Lovely production on this.
  • This album is actually really fucking good. Glad to see it got a good review on Pitchfork to make up for the miserly one star review in The Guardian. Sounds fresh, but has the old T-Pain flavour in there too. Stands nicely alongside the new wave of Noir R&B. Lovely production, top level hooks.

I particularly like this track with the underrated Ty Dolla Sign.
  • Now listening to:

BJ The Chicago Kid - In My Mind

YRLU9MY.jpg

Shout out to one of my old friends Facewon for getting me on to this guy.
  • Good God Lissie is great.
  • Did you see her perform in Twin Peaks? She killed it!
  • Nope. Literally never heard of her until about 10 posts back.
  • Very very very Stevie vibes on her earlier stuff which put me off. Will try and remember to check this stuff out though.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Not quite @TheDaddy of all performances, but good nonetheless:  

The Jools one has been blocked everywhere.
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Now listening to:

BJ The Chicago Kid - In My Mind

YRLU9MY.jpg

Shout out to one of my old friends Facewon for getting me on to this guy.

Werd. I was too quick to dismiss the second album, because I love the new jack/Mixtape feel of the first, but there's some good stuff.

I assume you heard mr dukes album?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I liked the first half of In My Mind quite a bit but it lost me after that.

Is Mr Duke on Spotify?
  • Liking what I'm hearing of PnB Rock. Nice track here.
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    I liked the first half of In My Mind quite a bit but it lost me after that.

Is Mr Duke on Spotify?

Would guess so. Guest list is strong.

Fuck me. I always do this. Mr Jukes artist. Album "God first"

• Also, if you're listening to j Cole, please tell me you hit Vic Mensa from last year? Also also, Joe budden: ordinary love shit. From a couple of years ago. Would have thought he's not usually your bag, but it's basically him baring soul about relationships over Sade beats. It's amazing.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Also, if you're listening to j Cole, please tell me you hit Vic Mensa from last year? Also also, Joe budden: ordinary love shit. From a couple of years ago. Would have thought he's not usually your bag, but it's basically him baring soul about relationships over Sade beats. It's amazing.
    Thanks for the recs my friend. Will check them out tomorrow :) Watching all of Twin Peaks The Return today.
  • Actually fuck it, will listen now!
  • Just finishing listening to this album by PnB Rock:

PnB Rock - Catch These Vibes

aT0V2PC.jpg

Not A+ Noir R&B, but a solid B-. Nice production and some memorable songs. I particularly liked iRun featuring Lil Yachty.
  • Now listening to:

Mr Jukes - God First

4uMcgbN.jpg
  • Not sure what I think of that one. I enjoyed a couple of tracks but the overall sound wasn't that compelling to my ears.

Now listening to:

Lianne La Havas - Blood

PiH73FR.jpg

Was a big fan of her album Is Your Love Big Enough. Excited to hear this. Don't know how I missed it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!