The Bear and Badger Musical Appreciation Society
  • Thanks Facewon, I'll check out that stuff. 

Thanks G, you're kind.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Unmasked. Nooooo. ;)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Oops sorry!
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Thanks Facewon, I'll check out that stuff. 

Thanks G, you're kind.

You missed my new weeknd track post

The Forum Herald™
  • So I did. Thank you Bob.
  • No worries. Just jokes.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Hi Rev. New Pearl Jam has faded a bit for me. Solid though, with more standout tracks than their last few albums. I've definitely latched onto Comes Then Goes.

Still finding my way with it. Will give it some more time later..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My parents moved house in December and dad, the eternal pink Floyd fan, has just sent me a picture of his finished study and it's pretty badass.

vaZp92H.png
  • Love it reg
    The Forum Herald™
  • Fandom knows no age limits. Lovely to see.
  • https://youtu.be/pAnMmjmHBCI

Questlove is doing DJ sets from his house. Above is 4 hour set. Largely dance hall and reggae so far.

But he's done lots of them, different themes etc. Went hard on withers the other day obviously.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Oooooh, I like those. :)

Yeah this guy certainly got some great dreamy fluff flowing. An underappreciated ability, in my opinion.

Here's another:

It's a world of truck drivers.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    My parents moved house in December and dad, the eternal pink Floyd fan, has just sent me a picture of his finished study and it's pretty badass.

vaZp92H.png

I have at least three of those on original vinyl. My dad ran a club with his mate on Ibiza in the late 60s/early 70s and booked PF to play there before they were huge. Both dad and his mate are dead now, sad times, but great memories.
  • Thanks to a friend on Twitter, I am reminded of how much I love Animal Collective and Panda Bear... after I finish my daily Weeknd playlist, I am going to listen to each and every on of their albums!
  • Ah... a day without the weeknd is like a weekday or weekay if you will huh?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Well this was quite a thing...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Max Richter is good, innit.
  • g.man wrote:
    Well this was quite a thing...

Got me in the feels in a number of ways
  • The Beatles Are a bit handy with a tune
    The Forum Herald™
  • Old classic.

"Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Bob wrote:
    The Beatles Are a bit handy with a tune

Yes, yes I'd heard that.
  • I dunno Bob, that's a wild claim.
  • The Beta Band.

• Catching up with the Red Hand Files, a recent one is full of praise for a new Dylan track I didn't realise he'd released.  Haven't listened yet, I expect it'll require full attention based on the length. @XOMuggins

• I have issues with it but I think I can come to terms with those quite quickly.  I like it, especially when the references become relentless. Hopefully I'll end up loving it.

Nick Cave's take:

Many other people have also written in about Bob Dylan’s new song, ‘Murder Most Foul’ — and the interest is justifiable. It is a perplexing but beautiful song and, like many people, I have been extremely moved by it.

At the heart of this seventeen-minute epic is a terrible event, the assassination of JFK — a dark vortex that threatens to pull everything into it, just as it did in the USA back in 1963. Whirling around the incident Dylan weaves a litany of loved things — music mostly — that reach into the darkness, in deliverance. As the song unfolds he throws down lifeline after lifeline, insistent and mantra-like, and we are lifted, at least momentarily, free of the event. Dylan’s relentless cascade of song references points to our potential as human beings to create beautiful things, even in the face of our own capacity for malevolence. ‘Murder Most Foul’ reminds us that all is not lost, as the song itself becomes a lifeline thrown into our current predicament.

The instrumentation is formless and fluid and very beautiful. Lyrically it has all the perverse daring and playfulness of many of Dylan’s great songs, but beyond that there is something within his voice that feels extraordinarily comforting, especially at this moment. It is as though it has travelled a great distance, through stretches of time, full of an earned integrity and stature that soothes in the way of a lullaby, a chant, or a prayer.

As for whether this is the last time we will hear a new Bob Dylan song. I certainly hope not. But perhaps there is some wisdom in treating all songs, or for that matter, all experiences, with a certain care and reverence, as if encountering these things for the last time. I say this not just in the light of the novel coronavirus, rather that it is an eloquent way to lead one’s life and to appreciate the here and now, by savouring it as if it were for the last time. To have a drink with a friend as if it were the last time, to eat with your family as it were the last time, to read to your child as if it were the last time, or indeed, to sit in the kitchen listening to a new Bob Dylan song as if it were the last time. It permeates all that we do with greater meaning, placing us within the present, our uncertain future, temporarily arrested.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Second wave emo shite, I donl;t care, I loved this album, and what a hook that chorus is

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I just used badger search function to find a reference, completely unrelated to this, but found this and will repost, just because fuck these kids they know nothing about the shit they're nostalgic for. Setting up knowing your big sellers are lucozade and chewing gum

hahaha, white denim cutoffs, bomber jackets and patrick ewings, class
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

• Standout from the mix OPN just popped out. Damn I'm so out the loop.
  • Thanks Moot, will check that out once I've had a proper listen to the song. I'm hoping that it's a sign that he's going to be putting out a new album sometime soon.
  • Elvis Costello today:

[font=Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3XUgBU7.jpg[/font]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!