DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes it's very very seedy
  • Random list time. 

Play-Asia top 10, in no particular order. 

God of War
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Monster Hunter World
    Spider-Man
    AssCrud Odyssey
    SoulCalibur VI
    Smash Ultimate
    Far Cry 5
    Pokemon Let’s Go
    BlOps 4
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Diablo three on switch May knock off something
    The Forum Herald™
  • Only? Whatcha gonna replace?
  • I think of the ones on my list far cry 5? Unless I can knock Pirate Dreams off someone else’s?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I’ll recast my votes in a year’s time but, meanwhile, I can only do one thing:

1. Bandersnatch Netflix
    I experienced it this morning. I really rather enjoyed it. I really liked Will Poulter, his voice was perfect for the character. I thought Alice Lowe was great, too, with some expressions that added to the suspense.
    Spoiler:
  • Will Poulter was by far the best thing in it and so
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Glad you mentioned his voice Andy, I thought he was great, especially the accent.

Glad you liked the whole thing actually. I absolutely loved it.
  • Don’t let the eurogamer list influence you. It’s like I wrote it
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So i spent the first half of the year mainly catching up on 2017 games I missed, and the second half of the year not buying games again.  So I've not actually played many from the OP...

Current standings though:
    1) Hollow Knight - yes 2017 really but I only played it this year so screw you elf.  My favourite game since Super Meat Boy.  Enough said.
    2) Dead Cells - I've not really played enough of this.  But I can still tell it's something special.
    3) Celeste - a cracker.  A couple of slightly naff mechanics / sections (fuck wind), but at its peak (pun not intended...) right up there on the skill platformer stakes.  I've still got strawberries and B-sides ahead of me too...
    4) FH4.  More of the same but that's no disaster
    5) (no vote)

Absent games I've played a bit of:
    SotTR (cos it's not all that)
    And The End is Nigh & Cosmic Express (which are ineligible)

Games I'm keen to play and am likely to now buy/beg/borrow:
    Into the Breach, Slay the Spire, Gris, Obra Dinn, Before the Storm, FC5, Spidey, Guac 2, Tetris Effect, Gorogoa (though ? that's Dec 2017, and has no votes...)
  • Gorogoa ain’t great. It unlocks the original demo once you complete it, and I honestly wish I’d only played that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Some stuff I played based on goty lists that I wanna give a shout out to -

Played Obra Dinn now, and it's a corker. Felt like when me and tempy played Her Story with a pen and paper but waaayyy moreso.

Chuchel is a fucking mayhem of a game that delighted me entirely. He's an angry Pingu type who wants a fucking cherry. The rest of it is basic puzzling but by god it made me laugh. Want that soundtrack too.

Also played Holedown which is like that f2p game Ballz on phones but far better designed and with a wee mad character who is a delight. It's just like a premium version of a well known phone game and for £3.99 there's no microtransactions and just game.
  • Haven’t had chance to play the games I received at Christmas (Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Astro Bot), so I cant vote for them.

Here’s my top five for 2018:

1) Tetris Ecfect

I’d never really played much Tetris before, and now I see what all the fuss is about. VR isn’t a necessity, but I love the immersion it adds.

2) Forza Horizon 4

Three words.... Friday Night Forza.

3) Yakuza 6

I preferred the setting and humour of 0, but it was quite emotional finishing Kiryu’s story. The After Hours Premium Edition is a thing of beauty too.

4) Sea of Thieves

Firstly, it looks gorgeous. Seriously stunning. That water! I found it a bit dull in single player, the sailing is enjoyable but it’s a really lonely experience. It shines in MP though. It’s a game about adventure and creating stories with your friends, and in that sense reminded me of L4D.

5) Katamari Damacy Reroll

I hope this is allowed, as I realise it’s a port/remake of an old PS2 game, but I don’t think it was ever released outside of Japan. It’s a simple game, a little awkward to control, but it’s so unusual and brilliant fun. A very pure gaming concept.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Thanks Mark. I’ll try and update later today.

Katamari is fine.
  • Cool, thanks Elf :)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Did God of War win yet? When abouts in 2019 is the result getting declared?
    The Forum Herald™
  • God of War won as soon as I had played it. 

But it seems Slay the Spire is ahead due to vote rigging by the PC/Mac crew.
  • 1. Slay the Spire
    2. Into the Breach
    3. Hollow Knight
    4. Subnautica
    5. Portal 2 Steam community levels.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I'll come back to this later to add others, but for the moment

1. Spider-Man

I can't believe it's so low.
  • Not many votes yet.

Presumably RDR2 will be much higher in the end as well.
  • I'll be back in this evening to place Astro Bot first, second or third.
  • I've only just started God of War but currently Spider-Man is above it. Not the strongest of starts in my opinion.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • 1. Spider-man
    Hasn't got an ounce of originality but everything it does, it does amazingly well. Spectacularly in fact. Also Ultimately. 

2. Celeste
    Good fun. Good story. Good music. Good game. 

3. Guacameele 2 
    It's fine. There's some very nice mind-bending puzzley platform sequences. I think the rest of it is a bit played out now as it doesn't make enough departures from the first. So stuff like the fighting, which I liked in the first, gets a bit old here. There's also way too many green flying bomb monsters which aren't fun. Haven't finished it yet as I'm only playing it in co-op round a mates house so it's taking a while to get through it all. Nearly there though.

And that's all the games I've played from this year. A few more in the queue but I'm not getting round to them before the deadline.
  • Updated.

6 votes for Slay the Spire, all for GotY.
  • You better believe it.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    1. Hollow Knight 
    2. Celeste 

huge drop off because both of those games are phenomenally good 

3. Minit 
    4. God of War 
    5. Red Dead Redemption 2

Mentions for: Yoku's Island Express, Iconoclasts, GRIS, The Messenger and the actually rather good Mario Tennis Aces, in that order.

Rejig pls Elf:

1. Hollow Knight
    2. Astro Bot
    3. Celeste
    4. Minit
    5. God of War

Red Dead gets benched, wonderful experience or not it's not enough of a game for my liking.  Dead Cells gets on the honourable mentions list, pretty high up too.  23 deaths and roughly 6hrs played, I'm taking a break as it was threatening to take up too much of my time.  Got minced a fair way into the castle, but I will return.
  • It’d be awesom if hollow knight (2017) and slay the spire (2019) won runner up and #1 2018 goty.
  • I’ve created a monster
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I blame Elf

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!