The Next Next Gen Thread o/\o
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I actually think their biggest barrier is that most console gamers are on PS and cant appreciate game pass. They need to sell their service but dont have the audience yet.
    I disagree. Ever since “free” games with ps plus and gold, gamepass is a pretty obvious proposition that i don’t figure it’s a barrier - I figure if Sony did their own gamepass it’s be similarly popular (but it’d muddy the market compared to ps plus monthly games). Even if gamepass was a no-sale, it’s entirely optional in the way that packed-in Kinect wasn’t.
    Heh, remember all that “Kinect is crucial to the system and will never be removed”? That was lol at the time. Optional elements aren’t deal-breakers in my mind. As ever, it will come down to a value proposition of price vs quality - for hardware, software and services.
  • Yeah but DJ how can I be bitterly angry with someone who is pro Microsoft that just wouldn't make sense. It wouldn't be just.

Main things I want to know...

1) How powerful is the new Xbox going to be? And with that, how will the Xbox One X landscape look once the new generation lands.

2) How Sony are going to approach VR next gen, and I mean with damn specifics.

• From behind, and slightly to the left.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I hope at least one of the next set of machines is bobbins so I don't end up buying them all again.

Xbox is gash and you still bought it don't kid yaself beautiful

There's truth in this here post. For my my tastes the Bone essentials are Ori and Cuphead (one of which isnt console exclusive any more) with the very welcome bonus of getting most of my 360 XBLA games back, but I've not had my money's worth out of it really. I do like treating myself though, and if there's another way I can convince myself I can't do without the next one I'll prob do it all again.
  • Can I start the bone2 bone harder thread?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm already hyped for bone3 bone hard with a vengence
    SFV - reddave360
  • I guess Xbone 4.0 is going to be a bit of disappointment especially as it’ll
    Be the fifth one
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Nah, bollocks. You mention what Microsoft are doing and how you think they are doing teh awesum things, Davie and Bob jump in to question it. Sun rise, Sun set.

Knock yourselves out doing it as it makes no difference to me, but don't dismiss it as people projecting when it's the same people every time in the same roles every time.
    Let’s not pretend that Yoss isn’t playing his part, eh Tiger?

This was the kickoff:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    I’m a little surprised Sony are showing their hand before m$ unless they’re really confident it’s going to present the best?

Microsoft’s two console strategy for next gen seems to have been designed specifically to ensure that they have the best, regardless of cost.

Truth is, I think Sony might be a little shook by all of the momentum MS shave been building in the lead up to the next gen.

This is pretty much exactly what I’m talking about when I talk about viewing everything through the lens of console wars FFS. That’s a pretty benign piece of analysis there. Give me a fucking break.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Wonder if Holo-lens will be cheap enough to form part of the new plan?

Also, after Kinect 2 flopped, I've got little faith in anything that might come from the next gen, unless it's from Nintendo...

For everything else, you're probably better served by a PC.

Just like this current gen.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Holo-lens is very much priced for business at the moment. That’s unlikely to change any time soon.
  • Bob wrote:
    I guess Xbone 4.0 is going to be a bit of disappointment especially as it’ll
    Be the fifth one

Surely the console wars will be over by then and we all be fully immersed in our apple pippin 2.5s

SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian wrote:
    This is pretty much exactly what I’m talking about when I talk about viewing everything through the lens of console wars FFS. That’s a pretty benign piece of analysis there. Give me a fucking break.
    Eh? I’m just pointing out that Tiger’s “Yoss never mentioned Sony” claim isn’t exactly true.
  • As I have an Oculus sitting here with no PC to use it with I'm really hoping Microsoft announce third party VR headset support.
  • I didn't claim that...

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Eh? I’m just pointing out that Tiger’s “Yoss never mentioned Sony” claim isn’t exactly true.

Okay, fair enough. Apologies if I missed your point.

I should probably stick to foruming after coffee in the morning.
  • I didn't claim that...
    I paraphrased; the quotes are right there.
  • The quotes are there, absolutely. But I was talking general patterns, not the specifics of this particular example of shithousery.

Whatever. Not sure why I bother involving myself in this fucking nonsense.

Edit: You're alright, chump. Just bored of this circular drivel that happens every time.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s still hardly console wars though is it? It’s a pretty innocuous piece of analysis.

If every time I, and only I, mention Sony in a non-positive manner that’s immediately taken as console warring, then I’m going to be constantly being held accountable for things that everyone else does as a matter of course.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    SOUP (with croutons, and that bacon crumble stuff you had as a kid)
  • Thread needs more HOLISTIC POULTICE
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    PLASTIC UPHOLSTERY
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    SOUP (with croutons, and that bacon crumble stuff you had as a kid)

The Wired article specifically mentions alphabet soup.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    djchump wrote:
    Nah, bollocks. You mention what Microsoft are doing and how you think they are doing teh awesum things, Davie and Bob jump in to question it. Sun rise, Sun set.

Knock yourselves out doing it as it makes no difference to me, but don't dismiss it as people projecting when it's the same people every time in the same roles every time.
    Let’s not pretend that Yoss isn’t playing his part, eh Tiger?

This was the kickoff:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    I’m a little surprised Sony are showing their hand before m$ unless they’re really confident it’s going to present the best?

Microsoft’s two console strategy for next gen seems to have been designed specifically to ensure that they have the best, regardless of cost.

Truth is, I think Sony might be a little shook by all of the momentum MS shave been building in the lead up to the next gen.

Look, you are one of the most boneheadedly fanboyish people on here. You and Bob are one and the same. Which is fine if you acknowledge it, like Bob clearly does. But I would argue this laughable pretence that you are just giving your objective assessment and it's others supplying a console war element is utterly laughable. As in, I actually laugh when I read them posts.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Are you basing that post on what I said or who I am?

If it’s the former then fine, I don’t see how it could be read like that, but whatever.

If it’s the latter then it seems I’m pretty much tarred for life and no amount of effort on my part to shake it will make any difference, which is pretty depressing. I’ve kept out of this stuff for a long time, I’d argue that this conversation wasn’t getting back to it.

I’m making an effort to grow and change. It’d be nice for that to be recognised.
  • This thread was bumped twice this week due to Sony announcing some info about the PS5. Both times you immediately starting talking about how Microsoft, your favoured console manufacturer, were going to be doing things even better.

Probably just coincidence though, right?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    While PS4 was four times better than Xbox One, I foresee the gap closing so that PS5 is a better 2.5 times better than Xbox Two. This represents a dramatic 37.5% real-term erosion of Sony's lead.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Objective analysis is possible if you try hard enough, folks
  • I mean, maybe it seems perfectly normal and non-confrontational to some. But to me it seems weird that every time info about one console gets released someone from the 'other side' has to pipe up and tell us why it's not very good and why their favourite company will do it better.

But I realise there's no point in going on about it further. I'll just stay out of this thread from now on.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    This thread was bumped twice this week due to Sony announcing some info about the PS5. Both times you immediately starting talking about how Microsoft, your favoured console manufacturer, were going to be doing things even better.

Probably just coincidence though, right?

No, it’s not a coincidence that I’m talking about a next gen console in the next gen thread. This is what it’s here for, no?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    See we’re all in here joking and laughing about previous misdemeanours but I’m telling you now that at some point nearer launch this thread will not be a place so full of fun and frolics. Some of us will keep out but others just won’t. Be. Able. To. Helpthemselves...
    Just watch.

Great shout btw

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!