The Last of Us 2 : Naughty Dog do their fine thing
  • I may still have my copy. Can send it on if you like.

Got like 200 chapters of One Piece left first, but I will take you up on it later if you still got it!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Echoing above. I watched the Jim video and the points he makes around the "controversy" or whatever the fuck you wanna call it are all salient and I agree with him.

I remembered why I stopped watching him a few years ago while doing that.
    He has this trick of giving himself a slag in the opening minutes (in this case "I gave bioshock infinite a 10" ) before spending the latter parts of his video pillorying his own validation on things - often historic - than focusing on the issue. It's a case of "hey, I'm human.... But I'm right" and I know that is part of his persona schtick but I think it's also part of him.

That being said, the opening 5 mins when he nails to the wall the issue are great watching.

I miss the days when he was on Destruction with Jonathan and Conrad and they'd spend an hour talking about dildos.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Skin graft? What have I missed?!

Uncle has an acid fetish and got over excited. Arm like mozzarella on pizza.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:

Listen you read my post on dildos

• I have just been handed the gown. I’m going in and when I come round I’ll have some of my leg on my arm.
  • Ah, Destructoid. Great site, that, and just about the only place around many moons ago that would talk Weeb JRPGs like Persona before those hipster sites jumped on the fucking bandwagon.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Listen you read my post on dildos

Posted before page turn. See below (above).
  • Aye the middle section of the Jim vid went more than a bit off course but he brought it back round again.
  • Yeah I haven't watched Sterling in a good long while, and whilst I think the angle he is presenting is right, he's not really gone long on the altercation, it's quite surface level. Glad he is sticking up for Schreier getting to carry on doing his work, which is important and studio heads like Balrog trying to liken it to bullying and tearing down is the most ghastly shit ever.

Also not really his fault, but I don't like this forced banter between him and his editor, it's a new thing that I've seen in a bunch of vids over the past few months. Some good old parasocial shit right there.
  • There was a young man named uncle
    His arm was one big carbuncle
    His leg was no harm
    But they sewed it to his arm
    "I cannot play games" he did grumble.
  • He did a thing on "brand" BLM / Pride messages which rubbed me up the wrong way a bit. Not the central thesis - the corporations couldn't really give two shits and they're just out to make money. More that he called out some companies like Bethesda for doing things like changing their twitter logos to rainbow ones in certain territories, but not others (e.g. russia and the middle east).

He kinda touched on the idea that the companies will say they can't do that there, as they need to protect their employees from government backlash, but that these companies should publicly state as much. Which, seemed to me the kind of thing someone who had never lived in a country like that would say.

He gets to do the incorruptible, moral, consumer champion thing but he has the privilege of doing so in a place and on a platform that offers him relative freedom and safety, however much he might bitch about them. I like him overall, but sometimes his black and white idealism bleeds into his supposed "real takes".
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ah, Destructoid. Great site, that, and just about the only place around many moons ago that would talk Weeb JRPGs like Persona before those hipster sites jumped on the fucking bandwagon.

Yes but also dildos.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    He did a thing on "brand" BLM / Pride messages which rubbed me up the wrong way a bit. Not the central thesis - the corporations couldn't really give two shits and they're just out to make money. More that he called out some companies like Bethesda for doing things like changing their twitter logos to rainbow ones in certain territories, but not others (e.g. russia and the middle east).

He kinds touched on the idea that the companies will say they can't do that there, as they need to protect their employees from government backlash, but that these companies should publicly state as much. Which, seemed to me the kind of thing someone who had never lived in a country like that would say.

He gets to do the incorruptible, moral, consumer champion thing but he has the privilege of doing so in a place and on a platform that offers him relative freedom and safety, however much he might bitch about them. I like him overall, but sometimes his black and white idealism bleeds into his supposed "real takes".

Thus the lofty status of the "critic"
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Ah, Destructoid. Great site, that, and just about the only place around many moons ago that would talk Weeb JRPGs like Persona before those hipster sites jumped on the fucking bandwagon.
    Yes but also dildos.

Yes, didn't mean to ignore the dildos.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    He did a thing on "brand" BLM / Pride messages which rubbed me up the wrong way a bit. Not the central thesis - the corporations couldn't really give two shits and they're just out to make money. More that he called out some companies like Bethesda for doing things like changing their twitter logos to rainbow ones in certain territories, but not others (e.g. russia and the middle east). He kinds touched on the idea that the companies will say they can't do that there, as they need to protect their employees from government backlash, but that these companies should publicly state as much. Which, seemed to me the kind of thing someone who had never lived in a country like that would say. He gets to do the incorruptible, moral, consumer champion thing but he has the privilege of doing so in a place and on a platform that offers him relative freedom and safety, however much he might bitch about them. I like him overall, but sometimes his black and white idealism bleeds into his supposed "real takes".

Hello you cum gargling spunk knuckles!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    We didn't do a volte face on Bogdanovich when he wrote pages (and I mean pages) on "who the devil made it" in the film industry and often criticised conditions on places or looked on from afar about things he had no direct control over.
    Criticism is healthy. It may seem that the critics are in ivory towers but they've certainly been torn down (oops, wrong phrase) in a number of areas, including video games, over the years when wrong..
  • Pulitzers for days.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    He did a thing on "brand" BLM / Pride messages which rubbed me up the wrong way a bit. Not the central thesis - the corporations couldn't really give two shits and they're just out to make money. More that he called out some companies like Bethesda for doing things like changing their twitter logos to rainbow ones in certain territories, but not others (e.g. russia and the middle east). He kinds touched on the idea that the companies will say they can't do that there, as they need to protect their employees from government backlash, but that these companies should publicly state as much. Which, seemed to me the kind of thing someone who had never lived in a country like that would say. He gets to do the incorruptible, moral, consumer champion thing but he has the privilege of doing so in a place and on a platform that offers him relative freedom and safety, however much he might bitch about them. I like him overall, but sometimes his black and white idealism bleeds into his supposed "real takes".

Hello you cum gargling spunk knuckles!

I mean... I quite like it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me too.

I'm not subscribing to The Player's rules of social interaction fwiw
  • I do like him, quite a bit. I just don't see him as my white knight (no nasty connotations intended) consumer champion, just as a healthy dose of "check your shit" that the industry needs.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Me too.

The Player will have you know that Jim Sterling is the Dark Souls of Tim Rogers.
  • Ah, Destructoid. Great site, that, and just about the only place around many moons ago that would talk Weeb JRPGs like Persona before those hipster sites jumped on the fucking bandwagon.

Didn't they declare the player as an enemy?

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms

That was UK Resistance, the SEGA fansite.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

Fucking halcyon days
  • Ah yeah. Probably all doing Sonic DeviantArt for the patreon money now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Me too.

The Player will have you know that Jim Sterling is the Dark Souls of Tim Rogers.

Remember when we did a chat with Tim Rogers as if it was the end days and didn't know all he wrote about was living in Japan?

I was playing excite trucks the whole time. Sorry.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Fucking halcyon days

Enjoy: http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2007/07/we-have-officially-appointed-new-enemy.html
  • I ran into Kieran Gillen at that pub in Tottenham court road me and NMD played ukulele at. He hadn't changed at all. He was writing comics, I said I loved Watchmen and he made a face and explained why it's shit and, in a nice way, I didn't know anything at all.
  • The Royal George, that's the one.

Pubs eh. Halcyon days.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!