The Last of Us 2 : Naughty Dog do their fine thing
  • It's a joke H.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah I'm not sure I follow.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • It is certainly a game I would expect to have a large drop off after the first weekend. Even on digital where second hand isnt an issue.

Not many will hang about risking spoilers.
  • I'll buy it when I've finally played TLoU 1 / get it on plus by then.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Reg you're tetchy dude. It's fine.
  • It’s a lot of sales regardless for an exclusive and not wanting to be that guy but i can’t see an Xbox exclusive doing those numbers
    The Forum Herald™
  • Apart from sea of thieves 2 obvs pmsl
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Obviously, because it has precisely 0 games. You can't sell 0 games, because there's 0 to sell.

Keep up Bob.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Obviously, because it has precisely 0 games. You can't sell 0 games, because there's 0 to sell.

Keep up Bob.
    interestingly Druckmann has just fucking doubled down on his shittiness in his response to queer / trans tropes being used in the game by using the "you can't... If you don't..." Tapping head meme.

Link here -

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1276570238125961216?s=19
    It's almost serendipitous

Probably spoilers in replies.

Also Xbox does have a game. It's called 4od.

• I’m
    More lost then when I had to swing an electrical cable
    At a generator
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's weird in here like
  • Any appetite for a *SPOILERS KEEP AWAY* thread from anyone who has played or is playing this?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    A sporlers thread, surely.
    Get schwifty.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Raiz is banned for trying to be a fun guy.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    It’s a lot of sales regardless for an exclusive and not wanting to be that guy but i can’t see an Xbox exclusive doing those numbers
    Bob wrote:
    Apart from sea of thieves 2 obvs pmsl

Those are great numbers Bob. The user base advantage the PS4 has over the Xbox One is not lost among the astute.

SOT and TLOU2 are very different games, but from comments I've read over the years, Playstation owners wouldn't mind a voyage (to the bottom of the sea more often than not!) so suck my salty dick.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Any appetite for a *SPOILERS KEEP AWAY* thread from anyone who has played or is playing this?
    OK. Go on then.
  • Bob wrote:
    It’s a lot of sales regardless for an exclusive and not wanting to be that guy but i can’t see an Xbox exclusive doing those numbers
    Bob wrote:
    Apart from sea of thieves 2 obvs pmsl

Those are great numbers Bob. The advantage the PS4 has over the Xbox One user base wise is not lost among the astute.

SOT and TLOU2 are very different games but from comments I've read over the years, Playstation owners wouldn't mind a voyage (to the bottom of the sea more often than not!) so suck my salty dick.

Halo 5 did 6.6mil in its first week. Just saying.
    Newer Xbox exclusive wont do those published numbers because of Game Pass.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This will no doubt be one of my top games this gen. Easily.

But....Last Guardian? Top 5?

BWAHAHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA.....
  • FranticPea wrote:
    This will no doubt be one of my top games this gen. Easily. But....Last Guardian? Top 5? BWAHAHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA.....

Lol. I've tried to get into it a couple of times and maybe haven't seen the best of what it has to offer.

Anyway. Back to the Last of Us2.

I like poking through peoples houses and shops and stuff.

Just had a really intense section as well ...
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    This will no doubt be one of my top games this gen. Easily. But....Last Guardian? Top 5? BWAHAHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA.....

Lol. I've tried to get into it a couple of times and maybe haven't seen the best of what it has to offer.

Spoiler:

I was there the other night...
    Spoiler:
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:

Spoiler:

I was there the other night...
    Spoiler:

I did this too and felt very clever. There’s another point with a similar setup later in the game and I just said to my daughter who was watching me play,

“Remember in the subway when...
    Spoiler:

Well I’m just going to do that again.”

And it worked, again, but this time in an entirely different manner.
  • Yeah uncle, that later bit was great. That entire chapter was great. In fact the chapter before that was also great. Those two chapters were the best in the game.
  • This game continues to amaze me. How do I check play time on PS4 I can't seem to find it anywhere?
  • Your save file shows it, I think.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yes, it does.
  • I tried watching that Jim video about the shindlers list thing but I couldn't stick it. i found him him distractingly unlikeable.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I often find Sterling disagreeable tbh.

I played this game for over 8 hours yesterday. I haven't done that with a game for a while! For the entire time not a single dull moment. It was thrilling.

I love what they've done with the story, I think it's brave, surprising and ridiculously entertaining. I thought by now it would have dipped a bit given the length of the game, but that's far from the case - I can't wait to find out what happens next. This is Naughty Dogs best work by a country mile.

It plays and flows so well, I've not had a single frustrating moment apart from perhaps the classic ND trope whereby you're not quite done with an area but you go through a door or jump a wall only to discover it was the trigger for the next bit of the story and you can't go back, missing out on prescious loot and secrets.

So much has been made of the violence, and there's a fair bit, but it's never gratuitous. I've actually found the game to be chock full of touching moments and beautiful examples of world building, much more so than the first game. I've found the characters likeable, although I could probably see how some would be upset with the direction they went. ND should be commended for being so bold.

Hoping to finish today. Incredible so far.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Need to get back on it, haven't touched it this week.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I am enjoying Chalice’s enthusiasm for the game.
    Get schwifty.
  • I put another 4 hours into it yesterday to catch up a bit. A agree with Chalice, it’s an absolute refinement of ND’s games, with added bells and whistles. I’m really enjoying it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!