PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    I got rid of it yesterday and certainly won’t play it again. It wasn’t a bad game at all, but the gameplay isn’t top notch to me and like the first I was more interested in the story, but it’s just so grim and depressing I’ve no want to play it again and it just ruined it all for me.

Reg you should be aware:
    Spoiler:

Hey I knew about that. Thanks for the heads up. .

However from what I gather it's a better mechanics game than plot game and I've seen some wild combat videos on twitter, including sliding on yr back and throwing a Molotov. Looks like a game of absolutely amazing combat mechanics inside a game I don't want to play.

Now, I hear there's a mode where you can just yomp through the combat puzzles and I'm here for that.
  • The is just like TLG again where some people obviously got duff copies where Torico wouldn’t work for you.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I got rid of it yesterday and certainly won’t play it again. It wasn’t a bad game at all, but the gameplay isn’t top notch to me and like the first I was more interested in the story, but it’s just so grim and depressing I’ve no want to play it again and it just ruined it all for me.

Reg you should be aware:
    Spoiler:

However from what I gather it's a better mechanics game than plot game and I've seen some wild combat videos on twitter, including sliding on yr back and throwing a Molotov. Looks like a game of absolutely amazing combat mechanics inside a game I don't want to play.

Now, I hear there's a mode where you can just yomp through the combat puzzles and I'm here for that.

Yeah, I couldn’t disagree more about the combat, but each to their own. It’s certainly not bad let me make that clear, it’s just completely run of the mill stuff.

Absolutely amazing combat mechanics, yeah, no way to that, can you show me some or elaborate as I played for a good 30 hours and it’s just stealthily taking them out or going gung ho and shooting them the same as any run of the mill 3rd person. Again absolutely nothing wrong with it, but nothing special in my opinion.
  • I honestly think I’m playing a different game to that.
  • Bunch of bitchass bitches need to man the fuck up. It's not grim and depressing, there's loads of wonderful warm moments and stabbings.

Beresford you should've upped the difficulty mate. I'm disappointed in you. You're a massive space marine.
  • Think I played the second from top? I’m not saying it was bad at all, it’s just a 3rd person stealthy snooty game with added press L1 to dodge. Definitely didn’t see anything amazing about the combat but at the same time there was nothing wrong with it. It was what I expected but a little better than the originals.

It’s the grimmest most depressing game EVAH dude! And I loved the first!
  • I love you.

You had better as I LOVE YOU!
  • Last of Us Part 3, starring Beresford and Chalice.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Last of Us Part 3, starring Beresford and Chalice.

It’d be called ‘The Beginning of Us...’.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

Reg you should be aware:
    Spoiler:

Yeah, I couldn’t disagree more about the combat, but each to their own. It’s certainly not bad let me make that clear, it’s just completely run of the mill stuff.

Absolutely amazing combat mechanics, yeah, no way to that, can you show me some or elaborate as I played for a good 30 hours and it’s just stealthily taking them out or going gung ho and shooting them the same as any run of the mill 3rd person. Again absolutely nothing wrong with it, but nothing special in my opinion.

Can only go off a twitter vid I saw that was incredible, main character shooting a guy on the leg, jumping down, stabbing a guy, shooting another, sliding on back and flinging Molotov at another. It's definitely made the rounds although I can't find it, as Giant Bomb were talking about it this week. Seems it has done utterly insane mechanics but not a plot.

In fact so much so, there's just an encounters mode. Maybe you were playing it like halo ;)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here it is, this game is a better fight game than anything else out there .

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1277749136310382593?s=19
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I would say that's better combat mechanics than anything else out there.

But each to their own, yknow
  • Encounters mode is a Naughty Dog thing now. Uncharted 4 had it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Aside from the AI which is either telepathic or utterly stupid, I agree.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Love to see better omg .

Also I said mechanics, not ai but you do you.
  • regmcfly wrote:

Hahahahaha!! Yeah, maybe it you rehearse something like that during the specific combat mode and then show a perfected 10 second clip. Suggesting that’s something that really occurs in the game is absolutely brilliant.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Can do the same with halo, gears, bioshock, it's a pamf to say you can't do it. It's getting silly in here.

And none of what you've posted says you can't do it.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Flora has played this twice and really finds it difficult to go to. Understandable in her condition, but the first was her absolute game of the year, and probably gen. She's been finding solace in Hades instead, and I can't see her finishing it before the baby comes.

I've seen the opening (this cannot be considered a spoiler) horse ride and other bits following that having watched her play and I think it looks stunning. The twitter vids I've seen of actual combat gameplay look incredible but I just don't want to do it.

I think this will go down as best game of 2020 I won't play.

To be fair this is not unexpected your narrative fits with your pre-expectations and your position as pre-parents (I guess)
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Love to see better omg .

Also I said mechanics, not ai but you do you.

Me do me? The fuck is that supposed to mean? I'm agreeing with you, but the AI impacts on the flow of it.

So yeh, would love to see better because it'd be incredible.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Flora has played this twice and really finds it difficult to go to. Understandable in her condition, but the first was her absolute game of the year, and probably gen. She's been finding solace in Hades instead, and I can't see her finishing it before the baby comes.

I've seen the opening (this cannot be considered a spoiler) horse ride and other bits following that having watched her play and I think it looks stunning. The twitter vids I've seen of actual combat gameplay look incredible but I just don't want to do it.

I think this will go down as best game of 2020 I won't play.

To be fair this is not unexpected your narrative fits with your pre-expectations and your position as pre-parents (I guess)

Yeah, not trying to subvert anything here and it's the good game at the wrong time for us.
  • Yeah the game is full of stuff like that clip. There's so much incidental stuff going on during combat that it's mind boggling.
  • Ps I’m not looking for an argument here just unsurprisised that someone who’s had issues with it pre-launch still has issues with it post launch or indeed flora .. still you’ve bigger fish to fry Reg
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The encounters mode is something I'll definitely give a bash. There's plenty areas I've fully stealthed that I wouldn't mind going in guns blazing.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Can do the same with halo, gears, bioshock, it's a pamf to say you can't do it. It's getting silly in here.

Of course you can, you can take any 10 perfected seconds of anything and say that’s how it is when in actual fact it’s nothing like that, it’s possible, but not representative. It’s not getting silly at all, you haven’t even played the bloody game and all I’m saying is it’s ok and that’s it, if you want to fight me on my opinion then go for it, surprisingly I’m gonna tell you to get stuffed.
  • I think the AI is pretty excellent. As good as anything else about, although there are still a few very obviously scripted points or key steps that initiate combat but then don’t all games?
  • I mean this game would obviously have been much better on Xbox but then it’s always the same.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Of course you can, you can take any 10 perfected seconds of anything and say that’s how it is when in actual fact it’s nothing like that, it’s possible, but not representative. It’s not getting silly at all, you haven’t even played the bloody game and all I’m saying is it’s ok and that’s it, if you want to fight me on my opinion then go for it, surprisingly I’m gonna tell you to get stuffed.

Consider myself stuffed.
  • I mean this game would obviously have been much better on Xbox but then it’s always the same.

Yeah if it had been on the Xbox it’d have been the best thing ever. Sorry I’m getting it wrong, this is the best game ever and you can do absolutely everything in it and it’ll even do Ass to Mouth if you ask nicely.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!