The Last of Us 2 : Naughty Dog do their fine thing
  • Being as shit as I am at games has allowed me to make the valid assessment that they’ve really nailed the reload times on this. It’s only a couple of seconds.
  • Try skipping cutscenes.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Couldn't be happier (well, there's been more than a few teary moments so far!) with this.

I'm fresh in following a replay of the remastered LOU which I thought was simply amazing from both a story and also graphical perspective.

Rolling onto the LOU2 has simply blown me away.  The game mechanics, whilst similar are lightyears ahead of the first game, as are the graphics which look simply amazing.

I'm also really enjoying the combat too and not feeling the poor AI vibes some of you have mentioned.  There's been a couple of times where I've died, as I've taken the wrong decision on who to hit first and I've been swamped.  Following a mercifully quick reload, pick the right first target and away I go through the combat puzzle.

I'm about 6 hours in and I simply can't wait to finish work and dive back in.  Its been literally years since I've felt this way about a game......don't want it to end if I'm honest.
  • That’s similar to my experience with it so far. I looked at a chapter/section list and it looks like I’m coming up to halfway. I haven’t felt any of it is filler or padded out - albeit it does feel like a long game. It’s just an amazing world to explore and survive in.
  • The combat is very exhilarating and I nearly always end an encounter sweaty palmed and a slither of health which is just the right balance
    The Forum Herald™
  • What difficulty are you playing on?  I played on moderate and it was a bit easy.  I managed to stealth kill most enemies and actually do a lot of encounters without being seen or heard.  There was also so much salvage throughout too that I always had more than I knew what to do with.
  • After finishing it yesterday I still don’t know what to think about this.

It was fun getting through a section completely unseen or unharmed but I never felt like the enemy were going to be a real threat, always had more supplies than necessary and it was disappointing you could pretty much walk around right in front of them without them noticing.
    Spoiler:
  • You've finished it already? How the fuck do you do it man?????
  • 3 weeks off dude!! Still got a week left! Gonna get rid of it today, upset me so much I don’t want it in my house.
  • Cocha, spoiler that last sentence in your post above?  Maybe?
  • Errr sorry I meant last sentence of your previous post!  Just my thought that others may not have seen that stuff yet.  Although they should just play the game and stay away from anything TLOU related!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Errr sorry I meant last sentence of your previous post!  Just my thought that others may not have seen that stuff yet.  Although they should just play the game and stay away from anything TLOU related!

I was thinking, it’s not that bad but ok, now I understand!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've dealt with mine by not playing on it for a week. It's well quiet now.

Seriously though, is impacting ALOT on my time with TLOU2.
  • Since I shoved an oven grill underneath mine it has been behaving. So much so I forgot all about it...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hasn't done a thing on mine.
  • Was just browsing meta critic and it's full of shitty user reviews complaining how they hate nd for what they did with the story and characters. Proper shitstorm review bombing by petty gamers.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Standard these days. Most of those user reviews were on there before the game even released. I'd say 99% of those idiots haven't even played the game. Most were in reaction to the leaks which happened a while ago. Just a bunch of pathetic, anti everything cunts with nothing better to do.
  • Screamed at a bit in 
    Spoiler:
    When the
    Spoiler:
    Which I wasn’t expecting.  I then screamed further when crawling
    Spoiler:
    I did wonder if i was playing a 
    Spoiler:
    At this point though.
  • The last spoiler: I wouldn't be surprised if that was a deliberate nod. A few sections feel very similar.

I just wish that whole bit wasn't quite so dark - I got far too confused and just sort of stumbled through it all.
  • I’m really enjoying it but the tense/stressful shitting my pants crouch everywhere is hard work.

Was that the aim or should it have been a shorter game?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I’m around 14 hours in, and have been
    Spoiler:
    . Interesting direction to
    Spoiler:

I’m really enjoying it, but I’m now wanting it to end (not really) so I can go into the proper spoilers thread to discuss the story! I dare not go in there now though, as I want to see it revealed naturally through the game.

I can’t see/understand the complaints about the story up to this point. Sure it may not be want you wanted to happen, but that’s the choice for ND to make.
  • Yeah the story is great. Properly compelling. Some of the sections I've done so far have easily been standout of the generation for me.
  • Yeah the story is great. Properly compelling. Some of the sections I've done so far have easily been standout of the generation for me.

As an early hot take opinion this is about where I’m at with it. There’s a lot of stuff going on that I’m impressed with but there’s more to discuss about it all once I’m done and can head into the spoilers thread.
  • I'm 16 hours in and just starting day 3 of Seattle.
    I've just done the hospital section and I have to say so far it's been stunning. I have no complaints. None.

There's been moments in the game both scripted and non scripted that have made my jaw drop.

At one point I was evading some guards and ran into a tent, jumped a table and dived through a low level hole that was in the tent to come out the other side. As I did it I pulled my gun out whilst rolling from prone to being on my back when something absolutely took my breath away, Ellie started trying to shuffle backwards whilst lying on her back, her feet losing traction on the ground in a panic. It was perfect. An almost seamless transition from one animation to the next. The gameplay and world/level design feel perfect, so much better than the first.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Flora has played this twice and really finds it difficult to go to. Understandable in her condition, but the first was her absolute game of the year, and probably gen. She's been finding solace in Hades instead, and I can't see her finishing it before the baby comes.

I've seen the opening (this cannot be considered a spoiler) horse ride and other bits following that having watched her play and I think it looks stunning. The twitter vids I've seen of actual combat gameplay look incredible but I just don't want to do it.

I think this will go down as best game of 2020 I won't play.
  • I keep thinking I want to play it again, but can't quite bring myself to do it. Part of that is definitely down to the noise of the fan on the PS4, especially now it's proper hot here. But the other part is just how long and grim it all is. I should probably replay certain sections of it perhaps, rather than slog through the whole thing.

Or, more likely, I'll leave it for a PS5 run, hoping it's much quieter and I'm more ready for it again by then.
  • I got rid of it yesterday and certainly won’t play it again. It wasn’t a bad game at all, but the gameplay isn’t top notch to me and like the first I was more interested in the story, but it’s just so grim and depressing I’ve no want to play it again and it just ruined it all for me.

Reg you should be aware:
    Spoiler:
  • Just regarding the gameplay, I really dont get the hate Naughty Dog games get in general. (Listening to recent Bombcasts seemed most of the team were down on the Uncharted games in particular).
    The gameplay in TLOU2 is pretty bang on for a 3rd person survival/stealth em up IMO. The encounters are super tense and lead to some quite interesting situations. What sort of problems did you find with this?
    I will say though this style of game isn't really my go to, the story here is the big attraction for sure.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I didn’t find any problems per se, I just didn’t find them a challenge, tense or difficult. And you can walk around almost right in front of enemies without them seeing you. The only time’s it’s interesting is when there‘a more than one party in the battle, not including yourself, and unfortunately that happens only a handful of times throughout the entire game.

Nothing wrong with any of that, it’s just not particularly engaging. The characters even announce when all the enemies are dead. I play ND games as they’re just easy movie type games with a fun story, this lacked the enjoyable story element for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!