Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm deffo in Ram's camp of feeling out the various weapon and their skills. I think I've taken a call once but not used it.

What's the most useful boon then? Athena's deflect will be one I prioritize going forward, especially for sword and fist runs because of the limited range, although it was amazing on the shield throw too as that pings across most of the screen if there's enough bad dudes trying to gank you.

Poseidon's knock back + wall bangs is stunlock massive damage fun and dropping Zeus' lightning bolts as you dodge is a risk free way to thin the crowd.

I noticed that when I had both Aphrodite and Poseidon's boon I could get a combined boon. Is it usually better to put all your eggs in one God's basket or spread it about a bit?
  • Yeah, when starting out Ares call is great - the invincibility is really helpful for some parts of boss fights. When you're booned up with amazing synergies it stops being quite so good, but starting out it's a great pick.
  • Generally you want to focus on two gods, with space for utility picks here and there like Athena deflect dash.
  • What's the most useful boon then?

That's a pretty broad question.... so just looking at dashes:

If you're using Zeus on your main attack, splash dash (Poseidon) is a great choice because of the duo (and just generally because it does monster damage). It still does very good damage even if you don't dash strike (ie just dash) so you can do good damage without losing your invincible frames.

If you want to stay safe, Athena is a top choice - it makes witches trivial.

If you are relying on dash strikes to do all of your damage, Artemis is very powerful, but you will not be very safe. I think the Artemis/Aphrodite duo is also very strong if you have Aphrodite on your main attack, but I can't recall the conditions for getting that (not sure if Aphrodite on dash is sufficient to make it available EDIT - it's not, you'll need her cast or special)

All the other dashes are C/D tier, unless you've got specific synergies you're looking for.
  • I really don't like the bow.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I never liked the bow or the gun. Then I got my first clear with the bow. Second clear straight after with the gun. Go figure.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • The bow is great! First bow special is a bit shite, but once you've got used to the charge mechanic it's very powerful. Having said that, the Daedalus hammer that lets you just hold the button down is my preference.

At some point the game gives you a bow that has seeking shots on the special, and I found that stupidly fun.
  • Yep. That’s what I used! I ended up with seeking shots and also Artemis marking for critical with increased chance of criticals etc. Was fun. Also had Artemis call which did ridic damage on max bar.
  • voices wrote:
    The bow is great! First bow special is a bit shite, but once you've got used to the charge mechanic it's very powerful. Having said that, the Daedalus hammer that lets you just hold the button down is my preference.

At some point the game gives you a bow that has seeking shots on the special, and I found that stupidly fun.

That bow is tops, but the last one was one of my favourite. Weapons in the whole game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I like them all. I'm better with a bit of range, so shield, bow and spear stand out, but fists and sword are both fun as fuck too. Dunno what the next thing is, doesn't look conventional
  • Is that the cast bow? The cast shield and bow are both great picks, but my favourite was probably the Eris rail - in part because it's OP, but also because the special mechanic is really smart.
  • I like them all. I'm better with a bit of range, so shield, bow and spear stand out, but fists and sword are both fun as fuck too. Dunno what the next thing is, doesn't look conventional

Last weapon is the Adamant Rail. The reload button mapping to R3 is incredibly stupid, so you (and everyone) might want to consider swapping it for the information button (i.e. the journal thing that Achilles gives you, which you can bring up with one of the shoulder buttons by default).
  • The Cast bow is absurdly good, and easy to get a win with, but nah I mean the very last bow you unlock:
    Spoiler:
  • Got to the Elysian boss fight, was destroying them until the aerial element then got the last of them down to a sliver and messed up when we were both OHK. Will go again tomorrow!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Beat the bastards. Fuck knows what's going on in the next bit, total bedlam
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is there anything I can do to influence room choices? Obviously trinkets for a god you fancy help but if you pick them once does it mean they're more or less likely to show up later? If you pick a god and reject another in a trial does that have any effect on it?

Is the rarity of boons affected by that? Like each time they show up they have better stuff?

Kind of trying to figure out what to prioritize, I start off with boons for my abilities only rating the hammer and chaos as something to make a beeline for over a god door
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can't stop thinking about this game by the way. Send help
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm afraid help is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the tone.
  • had another run at this last night, first time trying the 'last' weapon to unlock (i think). required an interesting change up in tactics but i'm not sure it's something i love...

also not sure i went the right way with the boons, didn't get good dash upgrades or standard attacks, ended up relying on a weird crystal cast thing a lot and tried an icey god power which i couldn't judge how useful it was.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Is there anything I can do to influence room choices? Obviously trinkets for a god you fancy help but if you pick them once does it mean they're more or less likely to show up later? If you pick a god and reject another in a trial does that have any effect on it? Is the rarity of boons affected by that? Like each time they show up they have better stuff? Kind of trying to figure out what to prioritize, I start off with boons for my abilities only rating the hammer and chaos as something to make a beeline for over a god door

Once you've got a boon from a god they're added to the pool. I'm not sure what makes gods turn up for the first time, but not choosing a god because you don't want them to show up in place of other gods is a thing. I tend to see new gods show up in shops later on in runs, so be careful with that if you know they don't have anything you need. This mechanic also makes choosing the right god trinket at the start of your run helpful.

Otherwise, there's a perk towards the bottom of the mirror that makes god rooms in general turn up more often.

Choosing a god first in a trial doesn't affect anything other than the dialogue you get immediately afterwards.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Got to the end a few times but the bastard always kills me. I get him down to about a quarter health but there's always too much stuff going on on the screen for me to control things. Decided that the shield is the weapon for me. Dash plus fast throw ftw.
  • had another run at this last night, first time trying the 'last' weapon to unlock (i think). required an interesting change up in tactics but i'm not sure it's something i love... also not sure i went the right way with the boons, didn't get good dash upgrades or standard attacks, ended up relying on a weird crystal cast thing a lot and tried an icey god power which i couldn't judge how useful it was.

The gun/rail benefits more than any other weapon from the Zeus attack, so that's a good direction to go with builds for it. Support fire from Artemis (the arrows that fire out every time you attack) is also very powerful and will fill the screen with seeking arrows.
  • Not even unlocked the shield yet, bypassed it for the spear and then used keys to unlock abilities in the mirror. Will unlock that next. Hadn’t really heard anything good about it!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's mint. Captain Olympia

Cheers for the answers there Voices
  • aye, cheers for the info Voices.

is there something you can do with the 'blood' you collect to upgrade the weapons? i feel that was hinted at somewhere in the game but i've not seen anything for it yet.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I think you have to finish it at least once before the blood has any use.
  • Nah I've not completed it and can use the blood.
    I'm not sure what triggers it though.
    Maybe
    Spoiler:
    Go up to the weapon you are using and if you can press RB that will open the upgrade menu. If not keep playing I guess.
  • Possibly related to number of enemies defeated with the weapon. So use it lots to unlock the unlocking screen.
  • My current game is telling me I have to unlock all the weapons before I can use the bloods, so that's a condition. Not sure if it's the only one, but Skelly said that after my clear last night.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!