Hades
  • Cheers ill give that a go.
    I've been ranking up some of the secondary mirror choices so I will chuck some darkness into that one and give it a roll.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Hades vanquished on the 17th attempt. Didn’t think it was building up to be a good run then it all came together. Awesome game.

Great stuff, well done
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Sometimes you get god like perks alright, hasn't happened to me yet but I've seen some jammy builds online.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's still possible to piss them up the wall though. Ahem
  • 17 is very good.
    I got close about the same time with insane dodge boons, couldn't finish off daddy though.
  • Had some good stuff, Athena’s call is ace, Zeus’s Cast with his Attack boons and add to that bonus damage after the use of every call? God like set up. Still had 2 death defiance’s left. Story was sad though…
  • A fast attacking weapon (gun/claw), Zeus attack, Poseidon dash and Zeus legendary + Poseidon/Zeus duo and you will absolutely shred bosses (and wonder what any of the fuss was ever about). It's possible to defeat the Elyssium boss pair in c10 seconds (with another unlock that you get extremely late game).
  • Ooooh, talking fast. That reminds me I still have some videos of some speedy stuff:

Same possible item and boon spoilers.

Quickly punching last boss to death

Clearing the game in a smidge of 11 mins with the most broken combo in the game (before I assume it was patched)

I need to get back to this game.
  • Aside from reducing the time on Eris to 4 seconds from 8 seconds they also made the Zeus/Poseidon duo not reliant on the dash, so you had to get Poseidon on special/cast/call to get it to appear.
  • I went into this game blind and what a treat it was. I loved Bastion and i recognised the voice instantly. The graphics and style and voice acting and gameplay is awesome, i can see why you love it. I had a good run where i get some nice power ups and i got all the way to the third boss then died miserably. I really cant be bothered to start from the beginning again. I know it should get easier with time but i don't know, i just can't do it. I've spent way longer on this game than any other rogue-like before, so that's something. It's really great, i just.. it's not for me, the whole, starting again, thing.
  • Thanks for the tips earlier on Cast voices.
    I much prefer the regenerating mirror option to collecting them.
    Got an escape and a decent run earlier with Cast playing an important role in both. For the escape I had the Crystal Beam things, recovery sped and time extended up so there were beams beaming everywhere.
  • The regenerating cast option definitely has its place. It makes Artemis's legendary (+2 casts) extremely good since you can just run around spamming casts. 

Chaos also has a boon that gives you +1 cast, and Charon's cauldron shop has a limited time +1 cast. All very powerful for cast builds.
  • Got my 4th clear. Just installed on GamePass too. Love this.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Literally just got my 4th as well. First at Heat lvl 1.
  • Just realised I had 3 health left, no Death Defiance.
  • I'm well shit at this it seems. I love it, but just haven't figured out the synergy need for top builds yet. I've beaten the hydra once.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Just keep plugging away putting Darkness into the mirror. Get the +50 health and Death Defiance up to at least 1. DD is expensive but valuable.
    Giving Skelly a gift (plus enough chat) will get you basically another DD through his trinket and giving one to Cerberus will get you a +health trinket. Both are good for starting out.
  • Gremill wrote:
    I'm well shit at this it seems. I love it, but just haven't figured out the synergy need for top builds yet. I've beaten the hydra once.

Have you tried using the bow?
  • I got a rapid attack with the bow last night on my early Xbox run.  Coupled with Zeus bouncing lightning on attack, it was fun.
  • Yeah I had rapid attack on the bow for my escape last night as well. It is brilliant.
    I had the Artemis boon which on getting a Critical hit gives a sure Critical hit on a nearby enemy next time you hit them. Really useful on the Heroes as it will jump back and forth.
  • voices wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    I'm well shit at this it seems. I love it, but just haven't figured out the synergy need for top builds yet. I've beaten the hydra once.

Have you tried using the bow?

I have, after initially bouncing off of it. It's pretty great.
  • In my opiniion, it's much easier to complete the game using the bow than using the sword. In fact, in my opinion the starting sword is the worst weapon in the whole game. It feels good, it's just not that useful, and most of the hammer upgrades aren't great.
  • I haven’t actually tried anything but the Sword or the Spear…unlocked them all but haven’t touched them. Haven’t played since clearing it as got so many other things to finish but will try to use the other weapons. Just love that spear.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I had rapid bow and Artemis crit/marking but could only get Zeus chain on my cast. Daddy shrugged it off.

Also fucked a spear run by picking a shite hammer buff, turned my special into an AOE rocket type thing, was gash
  • One of the reasons why it took me so long to get a clear was me just picking things to unlock stuff rather than to get a clear.  So I would always pick the weapon that gives 20% more darkness on a particular run, and go for boons and abilities if they are in the Fated List and I haven't chosen them yet.  Oftentimes, that led to shit builds and runs but I was a bit OCD in trying to unlock stuff.
  • Does no one else use the gun?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    One of the reasons why it took me so long to get a clear was me just picking things to unlock stuff rather than to get a clear.  So I would always pick the weapon that gives 20% more darkness on a particular run, and go for boons and abilities if they are in the Fated List and I haven't chosen them yet.  Oftentimes, that led to shit builds and runs but I was a bit OCD in trying to unlock stuff.

Yeah, that's what I'm stuck doing at the moment.
  • Does no one else use the gun?

I’ve got 10+ clears with every weapon. They all have their uses.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    One of the reasons why it took me so long to get a clear was me just picking things to unlock stuff rather than to get a clear.  So I would always pick the weapon that gives 20% more darkness on a particular run, and go for boons and abilities if they are in the Fated List and I haven't chosen them yet.  Oftentimes, that led to shit builds and runs but I was a bit OCD in trying to unlock stuff.

Yeah, that's me too. And picking each one of the trinkets to get that done too, no matter how useless they are. I don't mind though, as the game is still fun as fuck, plus I'm learning about stuff I'd not otherwise have bothered with. The wins will come, Shirley
  • I struggle to see whats going on with close range attacks so have struggled a bit with the sword and the mittens.
    My mittens escape used a long range upgrade, cast and call a lot.

I've not got a gun escape yet but I do like it.
    I have generally been taking the +20% weapon each run but I dont have much left to unlock in the mirror. Although I do like the option that heals you to a % of Darkness picked up, more useful than getting healed for 3 health each room.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!