Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think it's unlock them all then clear Tartarus with each one. The gun thing shuddered in my mits after I beat the murder bitch then all weapons revealed their secrets to me when I got back
  • Are any of the upgrades really worth it?
    I unlocked a couple on pc and then went back to the base version of each weapon.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yeah, a bunch of them are amazing, and give you different considerations when picking up boons, The Hera Bow as an example changes the way you think about casts. Load up on cast charges, get the Dionysus cast, turn your bow into a one shot nuclear weapon.

The Eris rail, Zagreus sword and Demeter fists are other examples of brilliant twists on the core weapon.

That’s not even covering the other stuff hidden further down…
  • Had a few days away from this due to visiting Legoland but back on it tonight and made it to the final boss. Had him down to a third health but just couldn’t quite finish him off.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Gah
    Spoiler:

Had an obscene spreading rocket launcher thing which absolutely wrecked, should really have done the business there
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Still coming up with more surprising story stuff, amazing.
    Spoiler:
  • I played this for a few minutes and might return.
  • Three more runs tonight and couldn’t get past the third boss any of the times-I’m really struggling with it!

I felt I had a fairly poor run of boons that just didn’t quite suit my play style. I think I’m going to have a go with more of the different weapons to feel them out rather than just sticking with the spear.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Straight back to the lord of the manor, knocked straight back down again. Still, I was only trying to use all my trinkets that run, it wasn't a proper attempt so I'm pleased with that
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What a game this is mind. Fuck knows how they put it all together, the progression path combined with the story and new gameplay mechanics. Unbelievable. I can't fault it. Looks great and has awesome music too, those bass lines when you clear a room man
  • Got past the third boss again but my setup has fucked me in the next section for the second time.
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't think that spoiler is right. I was using it in that area and didn't take any hits. Does it depend on what boons you take?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yes, there's a boon that expands its area but lets it damage you too. It's a bastard in that area because you're always going to hit yourself.
  • Yeah exactly that
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not come across that yet. Would be a deffo nope for me. It does like to test you in all situations doesn't it? Bet that was wrecking right until it fucked you up. I had the same last night with a boon that sacrificed dash length for extra spear jabs when you attack, turning it into a Trident. Was cruising, especially in the area you're talking about as it was great for crowd control, but the short dash fucked me against the gaffer in the end
  • It is an absolute monster of a boon and then the sting in the tail comes later. If you only want to get that far in the game, if grinding darkness for example, its a good choice.
    Yeah similar thing I guess. I think building up a contingency plan is more important than it first appears. Smart.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, I'm at the point now where I'm thinking about what's good for the Elysium dude bros and what follows more than anything else because I can get by with just about anything until then
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There is a boon that means if you hit yourself with the AoE it actually powers you up, but I don't know if it can be combined with the expanded area boon. Would be great if it could.
  • I mean.... you could just not use the special in the small rooms....
  • Thats what I mean about having a contingency.
    Everything else I had was way under powered.
  • Kow wrote:
    There is a boon that means if you hit yourself with the AoE it actually powers you up, but I don't know if it can be combined with the expanded area boon. Would be great if it could.
    I saw a speed run the other day that used this combo.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The 'power up AoE' thing is Aspect of Eris - i.e. one of the initial weapon options, so something you can choose at the start of your run when you've unlocked it. It was (and presume still is) the fastest weapon to clear the game with. The aspect pairs well with the cluster bomb upgrade (special turns into 5 bombs).

Cluster bomb plus rocket bomb is completely OP and absolutely shreds the final boss and everything before it. Cluster bomb/rocket bomb is never a bad pick for any of the rail aspects, just in case you get the other as a choice in a later hammer.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's the combo I managed to fuck up
  • You'll get it - last boss is very tough even with all the help the game has to offer.
  • Completed Hades for the first time!

Full disclosure, I switched to God Mode as I was starting to lose a touch of patience with the game and I’m glad I did. Was just messing around with different weapons and found myself on a very decent sword run. Had a lovely collection of boons and upgrades. Final boss, even with three defy deaths available, was a very close thing.
  • Congrats, despite ploughing so many hours in I still haven’t beaten him.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • God mode?

Gives you a 20% reduction to damage from enemies which increases by 2% every time you die. Lovely little mechanic really as it allows even the shittest of players the opportunity to enjoy the story.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah, I thought it meant full invincibility. Still though

jim-carrey-throw-up-puke-vomit-gagging-gif-16080834.gif

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!