Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It is indeed Dark Souls. Well done everyone, don't forget to take your jackets on the way out. Bye.
  • Of course the correct answer was Blur
    The Forum Herald™
  • I prefer my games not to have a dull final third.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blur and their members have produced the best content over the years but Oasis had the hits.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I prefer my games not to have a dull final third.
    I agree that the final third isnt nearly as good but they could end at S&O and be one of the best ever made.
    The second half is lore strong mind and it is after S&O that PvP really opens up.

I wish they had done more with the remaster, actually finished The Bed of Chaos etc.
  • hylian_elf wrote:

Dark Souls did have flaws but it also had magic. Bloodborne and BOTW better in some ways but the replayability and multiplayer fun of Dark Souls swing it for me.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I agree that the final third isnt nearly as good but they could end at S&O and be one of the best ever made. The second half is lore strong mind and it is after S&O that PvP really opens up. I wish they had done more with the remaster, actually finished The Bed of Chaos etc.

Yep and made Demon Ruins better overall etc. That’s make it so good.

I love it to bits. But it’s personal pererences. I prefer the faster combat of Bloodborne and less bloat with weapons and stuff. And the setting too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Look at us splitting votes like lib dems and greens, we should have got together and combined forces
  • I'm still yet to play Bloodbourne, watched a bunch of let's plays but that obviously wont give the feeling of actual play.
  • Oh boy. Just do it. It's amazing
  • The temptation to pick up a PS4 has been strong recently.
    I have a list of games I want to play on it and BB is top.
    Unfortunately the price just isnt dropping to a point I can justify it.
    Let's see what happens at E3, new console details (even if not from Sony) may drop prices of the current gen.
  • []ive got a mint og
    Model I can sell you cheap to
    A badger
    The Forum Herald™
  • Tempted.
    Can I let you know in a couple of weeks?
    Gotta get tyres, oil change and brake lines done on my car first.
    Might sell my Switch and buy one again later if games are tied to account not hardware.
  • Yeah man no rush it’s been in storage for 17 months
    The Forum Herald™
  • I say storage in it’s the upper bedroom so it’s fine but it is just the console it’ll need Leads and a pad but I’m thinking like A £100?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Sounds alright.
    What is the lead? Proprietary or just a kettle lead?
  • It’s the smaller figure 8 one I can prolly find one of those it’s hdmi and the pad charging lead I can’t find it’s got the box though
    The Forum Herald™
  • That's all good mate, those figure 8 two pin leads cost pennies on ebay/Amazon. I probably have one kicking about.
    With any luck a controller would come with the lead anyway.

Will drop you a PM either way once the car is done. Should be fine as long as there arent any horrors.
    Had a decent couple of months with work and my parents dropped me a cheque for my bday which will cover a set of Avons.
  • Cool and the gang
    The Forum Herald™
  • Djornson wrote:
    Look at us splitting votes like lib dems and greens, we should have got together and combined forces

preferential voting is usually better*

* terms and conditions apply. Not valid in Southern Hemisphere during 2019
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Bob wrote:
    []ive got a mint og Model
    I can sell you cheap to
    A badger

5-7-5, not 8-6-3
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • ???
    The Forum Herald™
  • haiku
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I cant see past Dark Souls. For a start I really enjoyed it, which helps. It was the most disruptive game to the media that did so in a positive way. It redefines how we consider difficulty in games while still remaining open to multiple solutions to challenges. "The Dark Souls of..." has become so over used it has become cliche, I dont think that applies to any other game despite the rise of the Battle Royale genre. I think it pulled AAA gaming back from Michael Bay popcorn fluff and offered something more tactical with complex, deep and mysterious lore. Even it's multiplayer was totally unique (except Demons of course), totally fitting to the gameplay and the lore. A fantastic achievement.
    This is exactly right. You can see its influence all the way to Zelda BotW.

The weaker final third thing is overstated too IMO. Demon Ruins/Izalith aside, it still has the best level design of any of these games, and each area has its own interesting twist. Plus it's not as though the sequels, or BB or Sekiro don't have sections that are less fun to repeat. The way the embers and important NPCs are spread out to suit different builds also makse the order you do it a meangingful choice. I've played it through completely about a dozen times anyway, so it must be doing something right. I've never done any of the others more than a few times.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oops. Forgot to mention The Last Guardian in my honourable mentions. What a game!
    Get schwifty.
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown would be up there for me.

Skyrim

New Vegas

All of the above three, I've put a lot of time into, even if the combat in Skyrim is a bit shit.
  • Ridiculous how much good stuff has come out this decade
    The Forum Herald™
  • It's Fortnite, unfortunately.
  • It really isn’t
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!