regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It suffers in comparison to the Bone version, just saying like.

I mean.... Of course, right? LUVYABIGBOY
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gun Xbox vs. Xbox 360 is a hoot yo
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    LOVEUMOARHEN! Just to clarify, OG Horizon is track based and looks lovely. FH2 is open world and suffers by comparison. Still a great game, but not the one I revere with all my being.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've not seen fh2 on 360 - is it a crime?
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    h3N95cn.jpg
  • Og horizon is open world
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Sea of Thieves is pretty great, despite the fact that I keep failing to make it onto a crew.

I'm probably missing out but I don't play games as a whole enough to do online anymore. Used to love online play late into the night after work but I've switched to a more management role which is more early mornings now. I just like to game for a short bit now and then. Another reason why the bite size races in Forza are great and the long winded missions in RDR2 are a problem for me. 

That said - can anyone explain who the bone deals with stand by in games? Wednesday I played Arkham City and turned off the Bone (it's always plugged in for speedy start up) I turned on the Bone last night, watched a bit of Parks and Rec and then went to play Arkham city and it was exactly where I had left it (which is great) but this hasn't been the case before. Is it game dependant or a setting? Because its very handy and something I'm not used to in modern consoles.

It should work all the time, but if you launch a different app in between pausing your game and launching it again then it will have closed properly.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Og horizon is open world
    If you mean open as in FH2 then no.

• Bob wrote:
    Og horizon is open world

I only played one. It’s open world the ‘circuits’ are formed from parts of the open world

I think your think of regular forza
    The Forum Herald™
  • Literally the opening words on wiki are forza horizon is an open world racing game :D
    The Forum Herald™
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    So it’s an open world inasmuch you have to stick to the track. Forza Horizon 2 you can go pretty much anywhere you like, hence a much harder game to render. Have a fucking day off Bob.
  • I’m
    Not sure what rendering has to do with open world but hey just admit when your wrong and I won’t have to have a day off
    The Forum Herald™
  • Hair has already mentioned 2 is [proper] open world and harder to render hence looks shit on 360 compared to on Bone.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Elf gets it but then again he’s played Forza Horizon 2.

Apologies for lashing out Bob, currently in a foul mood and easily riled.
  • The 360 is Davy's most bleeding edge console afaik, I'm sure it'll look nice enough. Racing games have progressed the least in terms of visuals in recent years imo - obviously Forza Motorsport 6 looks far better than Project Gotham 4, but the prettier last gen racers still look pretty neat to me.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    There’s generally more love for Playground’s OG Forza Horizon than Sumo’s port of Horizon 2 even tho it’s a later game because it looks and plays better.

Two Margaritas down an feeling fiiiine. Off to play some games. X
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Hair has already mentioned 2 is [proper] open world and harder to render hence looks shit on 360 compared to on Bone.
    Doesn’t make one not open world
    Bob wrote:
    Og horizon is open world

Rendering or no rendering it’s open world
    The Forum Herald™
  • But is it an arcade racer or a sim one?????
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Hair has already mentioned 2 is [proper] open world and harder to render hence looks shit on 360 compared to on Bone.
    Doesn’t make one not open world
    Bob wrote:
    Og horizon is open world

Rendering or no rendering it’s open world

It’s as open as a window you can’t climb through because the gap is too small.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Sea of Thieves is pretty great, despite the fact that I keep failing to make it onto a crew.
      I'm probably missing out but I don't play games as a whole enough to do online anymore. Used to love online play late into the night after work but I've switched to a more management role which is more early mornings now. I just like to game for a short bit now and then. Another reason why the bite size races in Forza are great and the long winded missions in RDR2 are a problem for me.  That said - can anyone explain who the bone deals with stand by in games? Wednesday I played Arkham City and turned off the Bone (it's always plugged in for speedy start up) I turned on the Bone last night, watched a bit of Parks and Rec and then went to play Arkham city and it was exactly where I had left it (which is great) but this hasn't been the case before. Is it game dependant or a setting? Because its very handy and something I'm not used to in modern consoles.
    It should work all the time, but if you launch a different app in between pausing your game and launching it again then it will have closed properly.

Ah, ok. Probably not much use then as my daughter is bound to use Netflix or youtube between gaming. Still, handy feature.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    The 360 is Davy's most bleeding edge console afaik, I'm sure it'll look nice enough. Racing games have progressed the least in terms of visuals in recent years imo - obviously Forza Motorsport 6 looks far better than Project Gotham 4, but the prettier last gen racers still look pretty neat to me.

That's it - 360 is my latest. To be honest I'll think it's gorgeous as I am really easily pleased with respect to graphics. Sega Rally on 360 looks good enough for me.

I suppose it can be hard to look back once you jump but quite often I still like the older look - as long as a game doesn't use graphics as its main feature one can always go back.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anyhow - my game of the decade? Probably Trials HD - that was 2009.  :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Ah, ok. Probably not much use then as my daughter is bound to use Netflix or youtube between gaming. Still, handy feature.

That’s one thing the PS4 handles pretty well; it can support one game being suspended while you use video apps etc. It’ll only close the game down if you want to play another.
  • Andy wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:

That’s one thing the PS4 handles pretty well; it can support one game being suspended while you use video apps etc. It’ll only close the game down if you want to play another.

That's much better. God damn it MS, got on it.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!