Game of the Decade
  • Astro Bot is worth a mention in here.  I think I'll have that as my retail game of the decade.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve realised that I was completely wrong about my game of the decade (Rocket Dog) although that does come in a close second. This is unsurprising in a way, as the game in question has become so interwoven into my life that I barely even think about it any more, even while I’m playing it.

No, my game of the decade is actually Threes!

I must have poured more hours into this than any other game in my entire life (although this is certainly helped by the fact that I can idly play while watching TV). Almost four years after it came out, I’m still playing it every day, and still hunting for that elusive 6144 tile. It was only a few months back that I discovered that reaching 6144 wouldn’t even be the end, if I can make two of them and match them, I can actually complete the game. This knowledge may have deterred me in other games, but not in Threes!

So yes, Threes! is my game of the decade, and probably the game of my entire life.
  • My game of the decade is Forza Horizon. Doesn’t matter which version really. Two through Four are all incredible pieces of entertainment.

Game of my life? Either Tetris or Speedball 2.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Forza Horizon is up there. The series which finally broke through a lifetime aversion to driving games for me.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Forza Horizon is up there. The series which finally broke through a lifetime aversion to driving games for me.

I'd agree on that. FH4 has the best balance between arcade racing and more realistic type that I've been able to enjoy. It's been great fun and kept me away from my reason for getting a bone (RDR2) 

I haven't played enough bone exclusives but if theres a better one please let me know.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sea of Thieves is pretty great, despite the fact that I keep failing to make it onto a crew.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Sea of Thieves is pretty great, despite the fact that I keep failing to make it onto a crew.

I'm probably missing out but I don't play games as a whole enough to do online anymore. Used to love online play late into the night after work but I've switched to a more management role which is more early mornings now. I just like to game for a short bit now and then. Another reason why the bite size races in Forza are great and the long winded missions in RDR2 are a problem for me. 

That said - can anyone explain who the bone deals with stand by in games? Wednesday I played Arkham City and turned off the Bone (it's always plugged in for speedy start up) I turned on the Bone last night, watched a bit of Parks and Rec and then went to play Arkham city and it was exactly where I had left it (which is great) but this hasn't been the case before. Is it game dependant or a setting? Because its very handy and something I'm not used to in modern consoles.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Is Forza Horizon and 4 on 360? I've been wondering which one to get. I like my racing arcade / faux real. Would that hit the spot?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I think Horizon and Horizon 2 were on 360.

Edit: Mainline 360 Forza games were 2,3 and 4 iirc.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This will very much hit the spot.

Horizon 1 and 2 are on 360, get 2 if you can find a disc.

It’s officially been end-of-lifed, so you can no longer get any of the DLC (which is a damn shame as Storm Island is great, perhaps codes are still available somewhere?) but there’s plenty of content there to keep you going.

3 and 4 are both cross play with PC too.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Horizon 1 is great on the 360 but 2 was punted to another studio and apparently NOT so hot. Bone version of Horizon 2 is my favourite driving game, period. The handling and southern Europe setting are sublime.

Edited for typo.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Didn't Edge magazine do a similar feature a few months back. Was it the most influential games of the last 20 years or something? I think I still have the copy at home, will have a look.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There are several still available new on Amazon

Horizon
    Horizon 2
    Motorsport 2
    Motorsport 3 & 3 ultimate edition
    Motorsport 4

Ultimate ed. may inc. DLC or something like that?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Motorsport is the more sim-like series. If you want arcade / faux real, stick with Horizon.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ordered Motorsport 2 - brand new for £15 delivered. 

Any other recommendations will be welcome. :)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A shit - ordered the sim one. No matter - I'll order a Horizon disc too. :)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Was able to cancel the Motorsport disc.

Wil order Horizon 2 - still going for £28 which usually a good sign.

Done :)

Haven't bought a game in ages.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You’re going to have a blast.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cheers.

Anyone use a wheel or anything?  The only wheel I've ever found to improve a game was Daytona on Dreamcast.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

How tough is it?

I find Sega Rally on 360 pretty tough. Haven't won a race yet. But then I really need to knuckle down and learn the tracks better.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You can adjust the difficulty on a race by race basis.
  • Horizon 2 was handled by Sumo Digital on 360 so you're absolutely gonna be fine.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It suffers in comparison to the Bone version, just saying like.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    davyK wrote:

Anyone use a wheel or anything?  The only wheel I've ever found to improve a game was Daytona on Dreamcast.

No, it’s much better with a controller, wheels are damn tricky with Forza games, the MS 360 wheel the exception.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Horizon 2 was handled by Sumo Digital on 360 so you're absolutely gonna be fine.

Didn't Sumo do the Sonic Racing racing game? That's good craic - actually I may boot that up tonight as there's still a few cups to beat.
  • davyK wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
      How tough is it? I find Sega Rally on 360 pretty tough. Haven't won a race yet. But then I really need to knuckle down and learn the tracks better.

It's ridic hard as I recall for an arcade racer.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I mostly used the MS wheel for Motorsport 2. It suited that one, but was terrible for Sega Rally imo.
  • davyK wrote:
    Wil order Horizon 2 - still going for £28 which usually a good sign.

Seriously Davy, OG Horizon is chuffing magnificent and well worth grabbing if you even remotely enjoy FH2. 'Twas one of my favourite games of the last gen, and I'm getting hit hard in the feelz right now just thinking about it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cheers. Will keep an eye out.
  • I actually had a thing typed up for Horizon 1 but I've left it outta here for now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!