Regs Japan Love in let's explore 9-29 July
  • Um. No idea. Maybe Adam and that from Nier: Automata but I’ll probably have to just wait until I’m home and can check on the vpn.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You nailed it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Today was the day.

We had 2 Michelin Star sushi for lunch, just absolutely pampered. Was so nice to see flora just glowing on every bite.

jYhRM5P.jpg

MkNryex.jpg

Then we went to the Museum of Modern Art, a place we had never been before and spent two hours walking round an insanely extensive exhibition on Isao Takahata - one of the founders of Ghibli who passed away last year. Exhibition basically doubled as a history of Toei and Ghibli studios. Seriously interesting stuff.

kAqFphq.jpg

ARYLQZh.jpg

zucjKbw.jpg

This all necessitated a frugal dinner for budgeting, but I'm absolutely happy with this

laXRUvY.jpg

Going hiking tomorrow so no exciting game stuff.
  • Glad you and Flora are having fun - you both deserve it. Love to you both and keep the pics coming.

On a related note, I’ve had plenty of 2-star Sushi in my life. Don’t see why you’re making a big fuss about it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Billy big baws has logged on
  • I eat sushi that tastes of Michelin almost every week at Wasabi / Yo
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Where you going hiking?

Doing a trail around Kinchakuda
  • I eat sushi that tastes of Michelin almost every week at Wasabi / Yo
    You should level up to Itsu
  • He means the tires lol
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    I eat sushi that tastes of Michelin almost every week at Wasabi / Yo
    You should level up to Itsu

Only go there when it's half price at 8pm

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    OOooh, as a sushi virgin, except for when actually fishing, and it's actually fresh, because I twatted it in the head to stop it wobbling around making filleting more difficult that it needs to be. But back to topic, I have an itsu round the corner, is it any good, also what is any good, those things in supermakrkets on black plastuic trays have never impressed me
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Try Taro on Brewer Street. Cheap, decent, often a queue, but worth it if you want to try sushi properly.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Or the cafe/restaurant thing in the Japan Centre on Panton street (just by Leicester Square) if you want something that’s not a full-on restaurant.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So as a result of a substation fire (unrelated to the horrible stuff in Kyoto yesterday) our route to our hike is closed so we are replanning for today. May mean some anime / games bullshit
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Akihabara and asakusa and sandos today. Pics to come.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Because today got fucked up, I went and bought some bottles of denki bran (shout out) and bought these in Akihabara.

lN3CQHd.jpg
  • That 1080 boxart is flames
  • cockbeard wrote:
    OOooh, as a sushi virgin, except for when actually fishing, and it's actually fresh, because I twatted it in the head to stop it wobbling around making filleting more difficult that it needs to be. But back to topic, I have an itsu round the corner, is it any good, also what is any good, those things in supermakrkets on black plastuic trays have never impressed me

Honestly, no, it's pretty meh. Japan Centre sushi gets discounted after 6.30pm ish is very good.

Kulu kulu is the best belt experience in London, and is pretty cheap considering the quality

Tokyo Diner is the best value sushi restaurant for the quality, but you won't be able to eat no tuna there cos of environmental concerns. Queues sometimes, cash only.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    Honestly, no, it's pretty meh. Japan Centre sushi gets discounted after 6.30pm ish is very good. Kulu kulu is the best belt experience in London, and is pretty cheap considering the quality Tokyo Diner is the best value sushi restaurant for the quality, but you won't be able to eat no tuna there cos of environmental concerns. Queues sometimes, cash only.

A bit of a silly suggestion, but if you do sushi, you should try the sushi counters at Waitrose.

The stores that have dedicated counters actually hire trained chefs. It's cheaper than, and very comparable to many more expensive sushi places.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Brooks wrote:
    He means the tires lol

Obvs

• Tokyo Diner is the best value sushi restaurant for the quality, but you won't be able to eat no tuna there cos of environmental concerns. Queues sometimes, cash only.

Looked this up, and I can't believe I've never been here. The pub opposite is one of my top London landmarks as a non Londoner finding my way around, and we spend an inordinate amount of time in Chinatown.

• It's top nosh, obv lots of Asian students go there so it can be a wait for a table, no reservations, no booze, but good and fairly priced sushi.

You should try kulu kulu though, it's my favourite. Eat like a king for 30 quid a head.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Honestly, no, it's pretty meh. Japan Centre sushi gets discounted after 6.30pm ish is very good. Kulu kulu is the best belt experience in London, and is pretty cheap considering the quality Tokyo Diner is the best value sushi restaurant for the quality, but you won't be able to eat no tuna there cos of environmental concerns. Queues sometimes, cash only.

A bit of a silly suggestion, but if you do sushi, you should try the sushi counters at Waitrose.

The stores that have dedicated counters actually hire trained chefs. It's cheaper than, and very comparable to many more expensive sushi places.

It's certainly good for a quantity of sashimi at 11 quid or so. I'm not a fan of the temperature it's served at. Same for Yo, Itsu. Japan Centre sushi is served at closer to cold room temp, 8 to 12 degrees or more.

But if you buy and ear two hours later, it's fine.

Also they don't do brown rice sushi as much as they used to, which is sad.

• Lord_Griff wrote:
    Sakagura.

Oh man I knew that'd be your jam

• Honestly though, 140Y sushi in Shinjuku is better than 99% of places in London. Which is why you all should join me in my pure unadulterated hatred of reg and all who know him
  • It's good though.
  • No doubt, but a bit spenny. I went to Benihana once doe and I imagine it compares (100 quid a head minimum)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!