Fire Emblem: Three Houses (26th July, Switch)
  • There's a WHAT NOW?!
  • Wish I don't clock that. Had rumblings it might happen from the last chapter I played but still, better behind a spoiler surely.
  • It’s in the trailer If that’s a consolation.
  • Has anyone found that when recruiting from other houses Sylvain is really easy to do? Pretty cute choice (I wonder if it’s the same if you play as the man teacher)
  • I'm not that fussed if I'm honest. I don't play Fire Emblem for the story.

I sometimes wish I didn't read anything about the games I play though. It's nice to be surprised and that just doesn't really happen anymore.
  • It’s in the trailer If that’s a consolation.

What trailer, launch? I went almost complete blackout on this game.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sorry folks, but it was on basically every piece of promotion that Nintendo put out, part of their directs so I thought it would be well known. Will spoiler.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm gonna be sleeping in an actual treehouse tonight. I'd rather be playing the game I think.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Sorry folks, but it was on basically every piece of promotion that Nintendo put out, part of their directs so I thought it would be well known. Will spoiler.

More gutted than pissed, & if it was all over the shop fair enough, but cheers bud.

I can do a very good job of avoiding stuff if I know I'm gonna watch or play. Probably helps that I only visit a few Web sites daily & have no social media precense at all.

Going back to the game, it has its hooks in & its starting to look at taking Awakenings top FE spot. Love it.

Repent from the grave.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Apologies again to you. What chapter are you on?
  • No need for double apols mucker.

At the final bit of chapter 9. Would be greatly beyond that if it wasn't for my daughters return from uni for the summer & her shared interest in the story(ever since she was young she has enjoyed watching me play the odd jrpg etc). So I'm soaking up all the padding & dragging my heels rather than pushing on with the main stuff.

I mean I want to play now, just fired it up to answer your question, but she is out on the town with her mates. She wouldn't mind & would just YouTube what she misses, but I've chosen to get my butt kicked in Apex instead with the free window I've found myself with. As when she watches these days it's one of the only times in our big, hectic family me & her get to chew the fat & talk life stuff one to one. So I guess I mind more than her...
  • Has anyone found that when recruiting from other houses Sylvain is really easy to do? Pretty cute choice (I wonder if it’s the same if you play as the man teacher)
    Well. He was the first one I recruited in my first game, as a female prof. This time I'm male prof and he's not shown any interest.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So a thing I know - I am playing first run as Blue guys.

Sylvain is an absolute shagger and
    Spoiler:

Mind you I hit the top internet waifu and recruited Dorothea
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    As a female prof of the Black Eagles I got Sylvain in my class before the game even told me about recruiting (I think, he was smooth, that's for sure).

I'm busy chasing Dorothea though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    EVERYONE WANTS DOROTHEA. LOOK AT THE STATS IN THE LOADING SCREEN
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This game is so insane. I love it.
  • 2nd meeting with DK on Hard chapter 6.
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bwaha, I ran from that one.
  • One shot (special combat arts specifically) or gambits are the trick imo.

Btw: Dorothea is a great character (the lot of them are so far though - liking Raphael in the golden deer team)

Speaking of the second run I sort of wish that you could skip a whole bunch of stuff.
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've mostly stayed away from the meme Bois. I'll consume them in their own run.
  • Had a pretty successful tea party with Dorothea, gave her a good staring at!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

• Btw: Dorothea is a great character (the lot of them are so far though - liking Raphael in the golden deer team)

Yeah as soon as I saw Raph I had to recruit him to Black Eagles ASAP. Finally got him in yesterday after a session of Sundays just focusing on myself rather than the students.

The game is great tho bit of of learning curve tho in a few ways. As mentioned above, I reckon I've spent more activity points on students rather than myself early doors when I could of just buffed them up with gifts rather than cooking/dinner/tea invites & started my transformation into a multi skilled beast a lot earlier.

Also have a slight confession, I spent the first few hours scratching my head around why the weapon triangle was not working. I guess going dark on a game has it benefits & set backs ;) that caused a bit of wasted grind.

Shame there is no
    Spoiler:
    characters so far & I have a hunch they are absent from this game/world.

Bernie is my fav Eagle & even Hubert is starting to grow on me. I love his support spats with posh boy Ferdy.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Honest to fuck even considering this game Has 2 more runs
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Where I am right now (chapter 14) is really bumming me out in my Blue playthrough. The reason is
    Spoiler:

Honestly just want them to leave and let me get on with it.
  • I've got to the crunch point with the Black Eagles story now and it's made me incredibly curious how things play out in the other houses and what their story's perspective is on what is going down.

Wasn't going to do a new game plus but I might have to.
    Spoiler:
  • I never trusted that prick.
  • Also I forgot what a zealot prick Shamir was for a bit. Man.
  • Into the second half of this now, after 3 solid sick days just rattling through it. My dreams last night involved running around a grid battlefield and having conversations. That Fire Emblem Bug, baby.
  • I've got stuck in as well over the last few days, partly because I'm writing something else about it. Just about to hit the finale of part 1. I've managed to recruit all but 2 of the other students possible this time, and everyone else who's available. It's only Ferdinand and Sylvain though, so no great loss. I was pleased when Petra asked to join right on the last day, as I'd put some effort into recruiting her ansd thought I'd missed out.

It still isn't really difficult in Hard BTW, at least if you take time doing the extra missions and developing the team's skills.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!