Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    It’s still extra faff and extra expense for not much benefit.

The fact that when I feel like playing a game, I can simply grab my controller and TV remote from next to me and start playing something without even having to move is a big plus point for me, one which I don’t think is outweighed by the extra bits you get on a PC, particularly a laptop, where I’d have to spend what, 3 or 4 times what I did on my X for equivalent performance?

No extra faff at all,

I’m sorry, I don’t buy this for one second. The mere fact of getting your laptop out from under your TV to deal with any PC stuff and plugging it back in again is extra faff.

Having to deal with a full computer operating system is extra faff.

Wireless peripherals themselves and finding somewhere to store them is extra faff.

Attempting to do anything computer-related on a TV across the room is extra faff.

No extra faff is clearly not true.

And just to head something off at the pass here: setting up your laptop in such a way as to mitigate any or all of the above is itself extra faff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Frantic mate, didn't you know consoles can connect wheels and stuff? What a moran.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I paid about £780.

I7 9750H 4.5ghz 6 Core
    RTX 2060 6gb DDR6
    16gb DDR4
    256gb SSD + 2tb HDD
    15.6”
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    So about twice the price of an Xbox One X. Fair enough.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    What is wake on lan?

It's like a service for someone who has died, who was called Ian.

(it's turning on your computer remotely via the internet.)
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I’m sorry, I don’t buy this for one second. The mere fact of getting your laptop out from under your TV to deal with any PC stuff and plugging it back in again is extra faff.

Wireless peripherals themselves and finding somewhere to store them is extra faff.

Attempting to do anything computer-related on a TV across the room is extra faff.

When was the last time you used a PC old timer?

Storing a wireless peripheral is no more difficult than any other controller.

The fact I can pick it up and use it as a full fledged PC isn’t faff, if anything it’s a huge bonus.

My room isn’t a cavern, I can read the screen perfectly well from the arm chair.
  • Yossarian wrote:

Carrying your XB1 controller with you everywhere might be part of the reason you seem so tense. Find somewhere to store that wireless controller, for goodness sake. I find the table next to my armchair works well for this sort of thing. I’ve even seen some people store it on top of the console itself.
  • I paid about £780.

I7 9750H 4.5ghz 6 Core
    RTX 2060 6gb DDR6
    16gb DDR4
    256gb SSD + 2tb HDD
    15.6”

That is an astonishing deal.
    Is that including VAT?
  • Xboxers only voting now vs those that don't own it voting against it ljSoFt.gif
    If we're being pedantic then people are voting for the Megadrive, not against the xbox.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

When was the last time you used a PC old timer?

Storing a wireless peripheral is no more difficult than any other controller.

The fact I can pick it up and use it as a full fledged PC isn’t faff, if anything it’s a huge bonus.

My room isn’t a cavern, I can read the screen perfectly well from the arm chair.

I have a Mac which I use as my main computer, it even runs Windows 10 if I can be arsed, which, frankly, I can’t. There’s no bonus for me in having an extra laptop.

And wireless peripherals just become more things you need to find space for. My controller takes up almost no room, a keyboard would take up significantly more. I genuinely do not have anywhere near my sofa that I could store it other than the floor.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    all the console plebs giving it the big bollocks cos they have a one x running everything in 4k low occasional 60fps oh my days sonny jim oh my days IM OUT HERE FLEXIN

XyGKZlf.gif
  • The Megadrive had 512 colours.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    all the console plebs giving it the big bollocks cos they have a one x running everything in 4k low occasional 60fps oh my days sonny jim oh my days IM OUT HERE FLEXIN

XyGKZlf.gif

I’m giving it the bollocks because I don’t have to deal with running a PC.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've had one issue since buying it and that was me being a fucking idiot. Flawless since. Enjoy Live when it goes down wahey big guns
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I paid about £780.

I7 9750H 4.5ghz 6 Core
    RTX 2060 6gb DDR6
    16gb DDR4
    256gb SSD + 2tb HDD
    15.6”

That is an astonishing deal.
    Is that including VAT?

I’ll level as I was being deliberately facetious for shits and giggles.

My ex-housemate worked in IT so I got his 20% discount on top of not paying VAT.
  • Yoss, you keep referring to the space taken up by wireless peripherals. Please explain to me the time and space bending qualities of the XB1 pad that make it exempt.
  • Thought as much ;)

Not you Andy! Jesus christ!
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    So three times more than the Xbox One X.

Don't see it as a level playing field myself Kara/DS.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

XyGKZlf.gif

No one likes ds ITT
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Not you Ansy! Jesus christ!

Thread moves fast.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Yoss, you keep referring to the space taken up by wireless peripherals. Please explain to me the time and space bending qualities of the XB1 pad that make it exempt.
    Yossarian wrote:
    My controller takes up almost no room, a keyboard would take up significantly more. I genuinely do not have anywhere near my sofa that I could store it other than the floor.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No joke, were I to do this again, not stressed out my brain, not only would I add Nintendo stuff I missed, I'd also add " a staunch pc"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    all the console plebs giving it the big bollocks cos they have a one x running everything in 4k low occasional 60fps oh my days sonny jim oh my days IM OUT HERE FLEXIN XyGKZlf.gif
    No one likes ds ITT

am on top of graffix mountain and mans just grasping at the scraps. with power comes hatred
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    FTR, I have run a PC (mac mini as it happens) hooked up to a TV as a media centre with a wireless keyboard. I do have some experience with this. And it was a faff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Any yoos got £800 lying around, by two Oculus Quests and give the other to someone you love.
  • Once you'd tuned your desired channel the Megadrive was faffless too.
  • So three times more than the Xbox One X.

Don't see it as a level playing field myself Kara/DS.

It’s 3DO money.

But let’s face it argument is best not cheapest.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    FTR, I have run a PC (mac mini as it happens) hooked up to a TV as a media centre with a wireless keyboard. I do have some experience with this. And it was a faff.

For the record though is there anything you don’t consider a faff?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Firing up a game on my Bone.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!