Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Had all three, touch me.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    What a Moran.
  • Edit: @ Kara

If I wanted to/could afford to upgrade my One to a One X, technically it is another machine, but much like with iPhones etc, the Cloud would take all my games and saves onto the new system.

I think that’s a decent compromise.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Doesn’t stop the PC from existing though, I’ve never owned an Apple Pippin but I know they exist.

And that’s without the fact that the Xbox One and Xbox One X are essentially two different consoles, there is no way to upgrade a One to a One X, you have to buy a whole new system for an incremental upgrade.

I’d argue that the Xbox One X is a different system with comprehensive backward compatibility.

Fair enough it may be a spurious argument, but I’m going to run with it anyway.

Come to think of it, not only do I not have a PC, I don’t even have anywhere to put a PC. I don’t have space for a desk in my flat, I don’t have anywhere to put a monitor, I don’t have anywhere I could even put my laptop if I wanted to hook it up to my TV.

For me, an Xbox is far superior to a PC because it is built in a way that fits into my life with far less faff than a PC could ever manage. For you that’s different, and that’s fair enough, but for me, an Xbox is a far better choice.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Come to think of it, not only do I not have a PC, I don’t even have anywhere to put a PC. I don’t have space for a desk in my flat, I don’t have anywhere to put a monitor, I don’t have anywhere I could even put my laptop if I wanted to hook it up to my TV.

Wouldn't you just put it wherever your Xbox is?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Wouldn't you just put it wherever your Xbox is?

Not if I needed to use the keyboard, which you tend to have to do on PCs.
  • How much is a xbox One X equivalent PC?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Love the staunch Xbox crew, not voting before , coming in now. Everyone loves console wars.

Welcome to the thunderdome!
  • Yossarian wrote:

For me, an Xbox is far superior to a PC because it is built in a way that fits into my life with far less faff than a PC could ever manage. For you that’s different, and that’s fair enough, but for me, an Xbox is a far better choice.

I have a laptop.

It’s smaller than the Xbox One, so takes up less space even under the TV where an Xbox One would go.

The fact I can also pick it up and play it anywhere else is just pure bisto.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Reg is Tina Turner.
  • Yoss, just buy a laptop, it's obvious.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Reg is Tina Turner.

Don’t tell Ike.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    How much is a xbox One X equivalent laptop?

• Xboxers only voting now vs those that don't own it voting against it

ljSoFt.gif
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Have an expensive laptop, running Sea of Thieves on 4K max settings it lurches like a vomiting cat. Xbox X is butter smooth.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Any laptop can play no games.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

I have a laptop.

It’s smaller than the Xbox One, so takes up less space even under the TV where an Xbox One would go.

The fact I can also pick it up and play it anywhere else is just pure bisto.

It’s still extra faff and extra expense for not much benefit.

The fact that when I feel like playing a game, I can simply grab my controller and TV remote from next to me and start playing something without even having to move is a big plus point for me, one which I don’t think is outweighed by the extra bits you get on a PC, particularly a laptop, where I’d have to spend what, 3 or 4 times what I did on my X for equivalent performance?
  • Have an expensive laptop, running Sea of Thieves on 4K max settings it lurches like vomiting cat. Xbox X is butter smooth.

Mine runs it smoothly.

And it’s not even top end.

• Xboxers only voting now vs those that don't own it voting against it

I don’t need to own it to know that I don’t get on with the pad, and can list three whole games I’d want to play on it that I don’t already have access to.
  • I know, I'm just adding to this afternoons Pedant Corner.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Love the staunch Xbox crew, not voting before , coming in now. Everyone loves console wars. Welcome to the thunderdome!

This is your fault. REGDOME.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Clap clap clap
  • Yossarian wrote:

The fact that when I feel like playing a game, I can simply grab my controller and TV remote from next to me and start playing something without even having to move is a big plus point for me, one which I don’t think is outweighed by the extra bits you get on a PC, particularly a laptop, where I’d have to spend what, 3 or 4 times what I did on my X for equivalent performance?

No extra faff at all, wireless peripherals and Wake-on-LAN see to that.

I didn’t spend 3 or 4 times the equivalent for my laptop.

And it exceeds the X for performance.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    For clarity, how much was it and what are the specs?
  • What is wake on lan?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Not sure I would ever want to play a driving game without impulse triggers again tbh. They add SO much, personally.

Steering wheel and pedals tops a pad for driving games all day long!

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

No extra faff at all,

I’m sorry, I don’t buy this for one second. The mere fact of getting your laptop out from under your TV to deal with any PC stuff and plugging it back in again is extra faff.

Having to deal with a full computer operating system is extra faff.

Wireless peripherals themselves and finding somewhere to store them is extra faff.

Attempting to do anything computer-related on a TV across the room is extra faff.

No extra faff is clearly not true.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    digi wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Not sure I would ever want to play a driving game without impulse triggers again tbh. They add SO much, personally.

Steering wheel and pedals tops a pad for driving games all day long!

Which may be true. I'm not talking about wheels though.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Clap clap clap

Hoping that inexpensive laptop runs all 1007 games playable on the Bone, with absolutely no dicking about, no sir-ree.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!