PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    You didn't actually put the Switch as better than the OG playstation, did you? Other two are GBA and 3DS? I get the GBA love. But 3DS over 360? Mad talk.
    Wii, 3DS, Dreamcast

With you on Wii and Dreamcast. 3DS, though...as I said a lot (I should shut up about it now), it's a region-locked handheld. It's a cunt move and Ninty knew it. But fuck anyone who lives abroad, eh?

I get you and there's a ton of games I missed that I wanted that never came out here, but the catalogue was just my actual Kryptonite all the way through. I can't get over that catalogue.

You animals (not you)
  • They knew what it would do. I'm sure they had reasons. They still region locked a handheld released after 2010. It was pure "because we can and our fans won't kick up a huge fuss" cuntery.
  • For what it’s worth I think the region lock was about locking down their own Japan territory from (cheaper) imports rather than screwing people who travel.

The above response is @you, not reg. 

I get you though. But, from personal experience, I don't care about their reasons. I just hacked their console in the end and pirated for the first time in years and years.
  • The GBA going down to the Gameboy is a shame, but I get why. I think that's the only time I've voted for the loser so far.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    When I get Mario 3d land
    Animal crossing
    Theatrhythm
    Bravely (2 a them!)
    Guild 01-2
    Mohan Gen Don
    FF explorers
    Layton
    Wright
    The fuckin Streetpass games
    Best pokemons
    Persona Q
    Rhythm thief
    Smasho
    Majora
    Uprising
    Cave story 3d
    Box boy
    Metal gear solid 3 ffs
    Metroid
    Tomodachi
    Picross 3D 2
    Fire emblem awakening, fates, garden
    Kirby robobot
    Warioware gold

Everyone who voted against the 3DS needs shamed
  • Whats the when I get part with 3D Land?
  • Andy wrote:
    I’d argue that the SNES was more important in generating an actual, returning user base.
    nick_md wrote:
    Every console still basically has a snes pad with sticks. Snes.
    Yeah there's all sorts of ways a console can be influential. Wii sold a lot and started a fad for motion controls. Every RPG made since Lttp probably owes something to that game one way or another. Maybe. Who cares if your aunt played Zelda for the first time on the Wii? The Snes laid down templates all over the place.
  • regmcfly wrote:

I once shat myself in a public swimming pool if that helps.
  • You are heard, and your opinion is validated, but you're wrong.
  • regmcfly wrote:

I get you

Naw you don’t. For most people - getting imports is a luxury. For me, there’s no guarantee of an English or simplified Chinese release in my region. The advice I received was “buy 2 3DSes”. Naw thanks.

On a basic usability scale, if you’re an immigrant living in a region that doesn’t speak your mother tongue, the 3DS is a fundamentally bad console. Unless you pirate. Which isn’t an ideal scenario as I enjoy paying for games I like.

And the Majoras remaster wasn’t great.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

I once shat myself in a public swimming pool if that helps.

I sure did too. My mum was so embarrassed she wouldn't let me back in.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

I get you

Afraid I missed everything else because of this crime
  • regmcfly wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

I get you

Afraid I missed everything else because of this crime

They broke the Zora swimming and the Deku hop.
  • monkey wrote:
    Every RPG made since Lttp probably owes something to that game one way or another.

No.
  • monkey wrote:
    Every RPG made since Lttp probably owes something to that game one way or another.

No.

Yeah, really no.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's 17-6 to SNES. I'm calling it. Shame. SHAME.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    PS4 Vs PS2 Only one of these has persona 4 do the right thing.

https://challonge.com/jbk1mlle
  • Could be a rush for Wii if you leave it til 6.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nah. People aren't that smart.
  • Justice for that time I had to buy a fecking wiimote because the classic controller that came with xenoblade chronicles couldn't just plug into the machine.
  • PS4.

Mainly because the PS2 sucks.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    PS4 Vs PS2 Only one of these has persona 4 do the right thing. https://challonge.com/jbk1mlle

I've never played a Persona.

This is the first one that's actually a difficult choice for me. Both are top tier, but with very different reasons. Man, will have to have a think on this.
  • monkey wrote:

No.

Yeah, really no.

Yeah I’m not going to defend that. Very influential though. It’s essentially laughable that people are saying the Wii selling a load of consoles makes it the best though. Laughable. I’m sitting here laughing.
  • I was saying the games on the Wii made it the best.
  • PS2

I dont have a PS4 so it is a little unfair but I think the PS2 warrants the vote anyway as it has some of my favourite games on it (all be it they were multi-plat).

Tony Hawk's 3 and 4
    Timesplitters 2 and 3
    GTA 3, VC and SA

I played all of the above for countless hours.
  • monkey wrote:
    Yeah I’m not going to defend that. Very influential though. It’s essentially laughable that people are saying the Wii selling a load of consoles makes it the best though. Laughable. I’m sitting here laughing.

It’s not the sales figures that make it the best, it’s the capabilities of the console and what it managed to achieve with one of the most comprehensive game libraries of any console ever, coupled with a simple to use control system that was bolstered not only by a classic controller, one of the best arcade sticks ever made and also light gun functionality that didn’t require the purchase of an additional camera.

It had something for everyone.

But that’s now history, it still lost.
  • PS2.

Thousands, thousands of hours into IIDX. I shudder to to think how many hours I put into that. There was a period of near 10 years where my every non-work moment was spent hitting them keys and exploding blocks. It's fucking crack and should be illegal. Like an alcoholic, I can't really play it anymore, because I know I'd be hooked again. I fucking love it. I can still throw down btw. Still have my £300 ASC controller. It's the most wtf game at the highest levels, like I can't even fathom how it's possible, that bms overjoy stuff, and people see me play and are all like wtf man that's impossible. I am but a minnow. That game gave us every single one of your falling block to music games. I bought a PS2 (from vietnam, chipped out the box jeah) just to play it.

That's all without all the other good shit on it, I wouldn't know, I only own IIDX titles. IIDX 16 is like £170 or some shit. Man love that game.

PS2
  • Dammit! Missed the Wii vs SNES vote.

Okay, PS2 vs PS4.

I vote PS4 because: ALL the Yakuza and PSVR (Astro Bot and Rez Infinite are incredible experiences).
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Ps2. The ps3 was an awful experience and I didn’t get a PS4 because of it.

The PS2 I really liked
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!