Whats a working day like for a badger (not the animal)?
  • Ha.
    Set your watch by it.
    What do you do when the clocks go back?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    At this hour!?!
    I have a shit on the hour every hour, I'm like the radio news bud

hahaha, there's regular and there's like clockwork
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Ha.
    Set your watch by it.
    What do you do when the clocks go back?

Toilet gets 2-4-1.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Phew, I was imagining that Red Dwarf scene
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • What's up? It's me, a disgraceful trash baby of a human being, here is how I normally eke out day after day during the week slowly heading towards that final big sleep.

05:00 Cat starts shouting for his breakfast - will be ignored 75% of the time
    06:00 Alarm goes off
    06:05 snooze button
    06:10 snooze button
    06:15 snooze button
    06:20 snooze button
    06:25 snooze button
    06:30 snooze button
    06:35 snooze button
    06:40 snooze button
    06:45 snooze button
    06:50 snooze button
    06:55 snooze button
    07:00 snooze button
    07:05 snooze button
    07:10 snooze button
    07:15 snooze button
    07:20 snooze button
    07:25 snooze button
    07:30 Finally stop pretending the day will go away if I wish hard enough and get up
    07:31-07:59 Run around getting washed and dressed for the day, I have not left enough time for breakfast so will ram down way too many biscuits at the office or on site if there are any around, otherwise I guess I'm hoping the coffee will suppress my appetite until lunch once I get to work.
    08:00 Walk to work, I make sure to remind myself how lucky I am to be able to do this, especially as I get to walk through jolleye olde londone towne. Usually just listen to whatever is on shuffle on my phone on the way in.
    08:45-09:00 Get to work and get my shit ready, go and make a coffee and then do the usual small talk with people. 
    09:00-13:00 Work and then occasionally looking at forum/instagram/discord/twitter if I'm bored/waiting for something to export/someone just made a fresh brew.
    13:00-14:00 Lunch. Every day I buy lunch, I am too lazy to make it myself, I tried for a while a long time ago, but as you can see my early morning routine really prohibits my lunch making abilities. I could make it at night before I go to bed, but that can fuck right off, like I want to be doing any task that is going to remind me of the next day, right before I go to bed, that's prime fucking escapist internal flights of fantasy time.
    14:00-17:30 Work and occasional peek at the ol' internet. 
    17:30 Go home. Walk unless it's really shitting it down.
    18:30 Get in, feed cat, remove my shackles of oppression (aka the clothes I wore to work that day) and put on my fucking jimjams boiiii. 
    18:30-21:00 Make dinner at some point here, depends what I do when I get in and/or how hungry I am.
    18:30-00:00 Fuck around on the internet, fuck around watching youtube or twitch, fuck around playing games, fuck around painting warhammer men, occasionally read a book, play with the cat (not as much as he deserves and then feel bad about it).
    00:00 Lol it's late, time for a shower and then bed. 
    00:30 Get in my fucking bed and really enjoy that comfyness, I am lucky, my bed is hella comfy and I enjoy to snuggle down in that bad boy erryday. 
    00:30 to whenever - fall asleep, usually have some fucking podcast or long form video playing in the background. 

Amazing scenes, just think of all the other sperm I beat to the egg all those years ago.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Phew, I was imagining that Red Dwarf scene

Lol so was i. Gruesome but hilarious.
  • poprock wrote:
    Cosby wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    7.45am Get paid to shit at work.
    Most important comment in this thread. I plan most of my work day around that paid-for dump.

I get it. I mean, who wants to pay for toilet paper when you can use the stuff at work for free?

And it's double bubble for me on Saturdays.
  • Moot ‘Two Shits’ Geeza.
  • I'm gonna go drop the kids off, drop the kids off.
  • If we are talking serious shit, then I would say -

Shit in the morning, after a glass of lukewarm lemon water, and my first coffee. This shit is the augur of the day. If the shit comes out in one long take, like that true detective scene where they go to the estate for a drug deal, we know things are gonna happen. If it's a stuttering, stop and start struggle, someone is gonna get it today - probably one of yous, if you say anything remotely stupid.

Second shit in the morning at work, chances are at %50. When I was younger, it was a certainty - and I used to race a friend to the disabled toilet at the law bod for that luxury second shit of the day.

Third and final shit, usually, at the 9pm mark.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Fuck I left out my fecal scheduleing, staunch evening pooper here.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm gonna go drop the kids off, drop the kids off.

Without Me??
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:

Without Me??

Cocko you got some wierd watch moot have a shit fetish going on?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
  • I got it, Cocko. *fistbump*
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:

jFpPft8.png
  • Left work at 4pm, its now 1015pm and i finally get to sit down and have some me time. Well about 15mins of it before bed. So utterly shattered and it wasnt even a gym day. Left work, food shop - get food home - go pick up son from nursery - get him home - feed him - draw his bath - read him a story - get him to bed - cook - prep food for tomorrow - do washing up - clean and its now 1015pm. Sigh. Where does the evening go?
  • All Goodfellas nods are always for Nick.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Left work at 4pm, its now 1015pm and i finally get to sit down and have some me time. Well about 15mins of it before bed. So utterly shattered and it wasnt even a gym day. Left work, food shop - get food home - go pick up son from nursery - get him home - feed him - draw his bath - read him a story - get him to bed - cook - prep food for tomorrow - do washing up - clean and its now 1015pm. Sigh. Where does the evening go?

Heh. I remember when our two were young wondering what the hell we did in the evenings before they came along.

This is normal. Proceed.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Left work at 4pm, its now 1015pm and i finally get to sit down and have some me time. Well about 15mins of it before bed. So utterly shattered and it wasnt even a gym day. Left work, food shop - get food home - go pick up son from nursery - get him home - feed him - draw his bath - read him a story - get him to bed - cook - prep food for tomorrow - do washing up - clean and its now 1015pm. Sigh. Where does the evening go?

Heh. I remember when our two were young wondering what the hell we did in the evenings before they came along.

This is normal. Proceed.

It does get easier right as they get older?
  • I’ve been told this. And it’s certainly feeling easier lately
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yes, around about 18 or so.
  • I dunno. My niece is 22 and still a nightmare.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It does get easier, sort of. Much of the feeling of things getting easier comes from the fact that you get better at it though. Routines are vital.

Once you get past the high demands of physical needs that is the end of the first phase. I remember the first time ours could go downstairs in the morning and feed themselves which gave us a bit of extra rest. That was a pretty major development.

You swiftly move into a logistics phase of transporting them around to various activities. That can take up a lot time at weekends and evenings (or non-working days depending on patterns). This can become pretty complex and I would imagine some people doing this full time if they had 3 or more children and they wanted their kids discover/experience as many things as possible. Wifey went part time for a while for post school shenanigans.

Being able to leave them home alone for a short time is a big one. Can be a bit nerve wrecking at first but time passes and as you can leave them for longer periods it becomes quite liberating.

My kids can pick me up from the pub now.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!