Ghost of Tsushima - the PS4's swansong?
  • I'm not keen on open world games in general but I love this. The combat, the stand offs, the beautiful world, the wind and photo mode realy stand out for me. I only bought it to try it on my ps5 and I'm so glad I did. Characters are a bit dull and the zoomed out camera in cut scenes is abit odd but it does so many things so well as drew talks about above and it does have a unique charm to it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    DrewMerson wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Ta. How do you to it to blow at springs Vs default?
    I can’t recall exactly, but it’s certain equipment you have to obtain / unlock / upgrade first. I don’t think you can do it straight away. It might be the travellers attire (which also dispersed more map fog than other outfits) but don’t hold me to that.

I think you have to spend a skill point on it. There's a skills tree dedicated to the wind. You can spend a point to make it blow towards hot springs, shrines, vanity gear, resolve etc.

Yeah it's pressing right on the map screen was the main thing I was missing, to get it to blow towards different types of things. Ta though!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cupatay wrote:
    I'm not keen on open world games in general but I love this. The combat, the stand offs, the beautiful world, the wind and photo mode realy stand out for me. I only bought it to try it on my ps5 and I'm so glad I did. Characters are a bit dull and the zoomed out camera in cut scenes is abit odd but it does so many things so well as drew talks about above and it does have a unique charm to it.

You’ve made me want to buy this, but I have enough to play. Will wait until it’s a PS Hit for £20.
  • I had this bought for me on my birthday and I'm really loving the aesthetic and combat. I thought I wanted Sekiro, but turns out I actually wanted this game instead.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I'm enjoying it likewise. It's pretty easy (on "normal") but yeah showdowns are glorious, nice but if Japanese dialogue, looks tidy, 60FPS, decent size world to explore and decent density of thing going on. May get samey before too long, but I'll likely stick fairly well to the main path and hope to keep having fun with it!
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    I'm not keen on open world games in general but I love this. The combat, the stand offs, the beautiful world, the wind and photo mode realy stand out for me. I only bought it to try it on my ps5 and I'm so glad I did. Characters are a bit dull and the zoomed out camera in cut scenes is abit odd but it does so many things so well as drew talks about above and it does have a unique charm to it.

You’ve made me want to buy this, but I have enough to play. Will wait until it’s a PS Hit for £20.

You should, it's game of the gen!

Also the online co-op stuff is excellent and well worth playing.
    (Would love real mates to play it with)
  • I’m genuinely surprised by Andys love for this game. Like totally befuddled. That the two of us can play the same game and be so far apart in our view on it is so odd, especially considering I’ve always felt there’s a pretty good match up between our likes and dislikes.

But yeah, opinions eh.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I'm finally on to Act III. Lots of side bits I'm not longer bothering with, and it's getting a smidge samey, but the highs (duels, occasional vistas, showdowns, even occasional plot bits) are enough to keep me plodding on.

Fast travel / quick reload definitely helps keep the momentum up. Though atm I can't just nip down south which is sad even though I don't want to go there. I guess as the wider war/plot evolves that'll start shifting, which I guess is kinda nice.
  • This game is incredible.

I'm about five hours in. And yes it is mate.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Any it stays incredible...for about 5 hrs.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • This game is a masterpiece. The only game I've ever got 100% on.

It is just beautiful and the combat is so tight. The duels are probably the highlight. The aesthetic of everything is just so well done.

I was researching some Japanese cinema and Kurosawa movies for something else recently and you could see the art & design team had watched the shit out of everything I was looking at.

Ghost of Tsushima is one of the most enjoyable, violent and beautiful games I've ever played. I know it doesn't appeal to everyone; I dont care - it was close to perfect for me.

Bonus point for being able to pat the foxes.

[11]
  • It's astonishing how good it is. I'm genuinely staggered. I played it all day yesterday. I've put about 12 hours in already and just love everything about it. The story is great, the voice acting excellent, the movement of your character and the combat is delicious. Even the platforming and exploration is best in class. It runs flawlessly on PS5. No hiccups, just buttery smooth beautiful samurai goodness. I've no doubt it'll become repetitive but I already feel I've got my monies worth.

A sumptuous masterpiece.
  • Absolutely speechless here.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    From reading on here and listening to Giantbomb I've come to my own conclusion about this game, even though I haven't played it.

It's the best game ever made. Except it really isn't. It's great, but also not great. It's stunning. The combat is amazing but also not amazing.

I really should make my own mind up at some point. Or maybe I shouldn't.
  • I keep reading this and almost doubting myself, thinking it can’t be everyone else in here being wrong, can it?  Then I realise it can and they are.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    BUT ARE THEY
  • Most divisive games in forum history anyone?  Journey has to be in there.  The Last Guardian maybe.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cyberpunk is up there. Many a blind eye is being turned in that thread
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Destiny.
  • It's astonishing how good it is. I'm genuinely staggered. I played it all day yesterday. I've put about 12 hours in already and just love everything about it. The story is great, the voice acting excellent, the movement of your character and the combat is delicious. Even the platforming and exploration is best in class. It runs flawlessly on PS5. No hiccups, just buttery smooth beautiful samurai goodness. I've no doubt it'll become repetitive but I already feel I've got my monies worth.

A sumptuous masterpiece.

Glad you’re loving it dude. As you say, it does become repetitive, and at that point I just stuck to the main story and got it finished, but I loved my time with it.
  • This is just straight up an excellent videogame. I was dubious about yet another open worlder as I've been slogging through Valhalla (which really is a slog) and Days Gone (which is great) but this game is the pinnacle of the formula. It does everything with aplomb. It's just splendid from the word go.

Uncle what is your issue with it? So far I haven't got a single fault with it, apart from maybe the investigation missions can be a little slow. That's about it. It's a splendid time all round.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Most divisive games in forum history anyone?  Journey has to be in there.  The Last Guardian maybe.

Yossarian wrote:
    Destiny.

Most divisive game in forum history is the "Choosing the most divisive game in forum history game"... it appears.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    No it isn't.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Destiny is loved and despised in equal measure. By the same people!
  • Maybe it's the 60fps magic but this is the most next gen game I've played yet apart from Astros.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Most divisive games in forum history anyone?  Journey has to be in there.  The Last Guardian maybe.

Yossarian wrote:
    Destiny.

Most divisive game in forum history is the "Choosing the most divisive game in forum history game"... it appears.

Hmmm, I really like all of these divisive games.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I don't like the fact you like all of these divisive games.
  • Last Guardian for sure. Utter shite.
  • Maybe it's the 60fps magic but this is the most next gen game I've played yet apart from Astros.

Apart from the improved frame rate, what else does it actually offer though?  Ray tracing and stuff? I didn't even know they had released a 'PS5 version' of this game.

Boring Samurai Simulator, now runs very fast indeed!  (best said in mock Japanese accent)
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!