DEMON'S SOUUULLLSSS
  • That boss is the jankiest fucker. Keep trying and eventually you’ll get through.
  • I think Demon's Souls has the most gimmick bosses in it at 5. People don't tend to like them so each iteration of the series seems to have had less over time, but I miss them, they added a whole lot to Demon's.
  • Aye. It’s all i-Frame dodge boys now. And that’s cool, it’s where the series has gone, but I’m also a fan of the way Demon’s handled bosses.
  • I think I liked Demon's level structure more than Dark souls open metroid-esque take. They are largely teh same but the interconnected world in Dark Souls means it's like one big sprawling level, rather than tackling a single level in Demon's souls and getting a boss fight at the end of it. Seems much better suited to how I play these days.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm really sorry but I can't get over your avatar Boris... I keep thinking Burke is having these issues and I'm like 'good, you deserve it'.

You shouldn't do this to yourself.

Ha ha.

Well you’ll be pleased to know I got invaded again. This time as I was heading to spider boss. Fucker had poison and bleeding weapons.

Is everyone else getting invaded? I don’t recall this happening as much before or in any of the Souls games.
  • Souls games are usually pretty invasion heavy around launch, from my experience.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s probably it. Pretty sure this is the only one I got at launch.
  • If you need human form for the health in the boss fight, maybe hold off popping a stone of ephemeral eyes until you’re at the gate. You should only be invadable in human form.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah. Tbh I think I’ll be ok. Got cling ring so not too bad.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah I've not been invaded, but I've mainly been hollow...
  • When I kill a boss I go into the Nexus and jump off
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Ahhhh, yeah attunes, j in think you get more slots by levelling intelligence? That might just be more mana though...

Cheers, I’ll have to farm and build my intelligence, good job it’s not real life I’d be fucked.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Can't decide to properly go and read up on tendancy stuff. One of my archstones is looking pretty white. But can't remember what it unlocks. And the ones where I can vaguely remember what it unlocks aren't as white as of expect. Sad times.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    And the upgrade paths. Need to decide about that a bit too. Hmm.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Can't decide to properly go and read up on tendancy stuff. One of my archstones is looking pretty white. But can't remember what it unlocks. And the ones where I can vaguely remember what it unlocks aren't as white as of expect. Sad times.

I’ve not idea what any of it means on the tendency screen

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Basically black is bad. I’ve discovered that. Keep dying (in human form) and the world goes black. Then black phantoms turn up to make your life even more miserable. Not sure what a white world benefits the player?
  • This all sounds very racist to me.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I did a Demon's Souls primer for the Dark Souls thread OP which I assume is still mostly relevant.

The World Tendency bit:
    Spoiler:
  • That's one hell of an OP Dubs. Bravo Sir!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep. Looks at Muzzy’s effort in this thread :-(
  • Classic Muzzy.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    This thread doesn't have any of the original's mood and atmosphere.
  • All that original thread detail, (methinks) sans Germanic heritage: Dubs === ...Souls legend.
  • Leave Muzzy alone, he’s Ace :-)
  • Dubs wrote:
    I did a Demon's Souls primer for the Dark Souls thread OP which I assume is still mostly relevant.

The World Tendency bit:
    Spoiler:

Ah man, great waves of nostalgia browsing that Dubs. ;) X
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yup top work!

So does killing a boss as a bit demon +1 world (and character) tendency? Or only in your own world? Helping others should be an easy way to get to pure white, right?

Anyone know if it's still need on an online session on the remaster? Or is it stickier now, if I quit the game??
  • Only put an hour or so in last night, and its an absolute stunner, but I still just don't get it. Just end up having no clue where I'm going or what I'm doing. Vanguard Demon did me in so I went to some magical place and then came back shiny with no idea why or what the hell was happening. Killed some more baddies and then got bored so thought come back fresh tomorrow.
    Artist also known as Verecocha...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's kinda expected at the start.  So you went through the first archstone that sounds like?  With a big closed door in front of you?  That's where things begin, yup, take it slow and steady to start with, you kinda got explore, the first bit is pretty linear till your on some ramparts, then there's a bit of decision making required...  Once the next boss is down though, the real Demon's Souls begins and you can go wherever you want...
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    That's kinda expected at the start.  So you went through the first archstone that sounds like?  With a big closed door in front of you?  That's where things begin, yup, take it slow and steady to start with, you kinda got explore, the first bit is pretty linear till your on some ramparts, then there's a bit of decision making required...  Once the next boss is down though, the real Demon's Souls begins and you can go wherever you want...

Yeah I went through the archstone directly behind the other shiny dude.
    Artist also known as Verecocha...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!