DEMON'S SOUUULLLSSS
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    What weapon you rocking? Started watching ENB on Twitch go through this and it's lovely to watch someone who knows what they're doing.
    I’ve been using the Scimitar +2 but have just got the Crescent Falchion, the thing that’s helped is I’m Royalty and I use the Soul Arrow. Thing is I can’t find anyone selling and other Magic spells.

I did this on my very first run through, it’s extremely fun to decimate everything with high magic and that sword! Am doing a priest this time and the mace has made me love clubs, axes etc. This game hits dudes HARD with that stuff.

Also not sure if I did this on PS3, but double handing a backstab is brutal. Especially with the axe.
  • Royalty is considered the noob option. It's a great starting class. Cresent Falchion is good but it can become a crutch. It gets you through the early game easily but I found it's moveset can get a bit tedious.

I'm loving the updated weapon animations. Some of the repostes are brutal!! The rapier reposte stabs the dreglings straight through the face ouch!
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Really??  Don't want to spoiler anything, but...

Anyhows, with Sackboy done, I might get on this some more this evening...

Sorry, thought as it was an old game and I didn’t give any spoilers but will hid the comment.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Royalty is considered the noob option. It's a great starting class. Cresent Falchion is good but it can become a crutch. It gets you through the early game easily but I found it's moveset can get a bit tedious.

I'm loving the updated weapon animations. Some of the repostes are brutal!! The rapier reposte stabs the dreglings straight through the face ouch!

Oh man the new riposte animations! It feels so good to walk up and pull one off on the first move. Also the controller makes a lot of fun squishy thumpy noises.

I would say that the royalty run is a good solid choice for people who are having trouble with it, much better to run through the early stuff a bit OP and get to grips with how it works rather than just bounce off of it.

It was my first run back when it released and it got me to run through it again as different classes pretty quickly, and buy every game in the series since!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Sorry, thought as it was an old game and I didn’t give any spoilers but will hid the comment.

Lol no I meant the other way, as in I don't want to tell you where to get your spells unless you want to hear!

Oh man the new riposte animations! It feels so good to walk up and pull one off on the first move. Also the controller makes a lot of fun squishy thumpy noises.

I would say that the royalty run is a good solid choice for people who are having trouble with it, much better to run through the early stuff a bit OP and get to grips with how it works rather than just bounce off of it.

It was my first run back when it released and it got me to run through it again as different classes pretty quickly, and buy every game in the series since!

Yeah despite playing all of them I’m pretty crap got as far as Aldritch, Devourer Of Gods in DS3 and couldn’t beat the bastard and my summons always glitched and never worked.

Got as far Vicar Amelia in Bloodborne, I never used magic in either so thought I’d give it a go and it’s sooooooo much easier.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Lol no I meant the other way, as in I don't want to tell you where to get your spells unless you want to hear!

Ah, I spoilered it already :-)
  • Just tried the second Stonefang boss
    Spoiler:
    thought I was doing this one first time as well but he went
    Spoiler:
    and I got wiped out. Tried a couple more times and same thing happened, will try again tomorrow.
  • Stay really light and...
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    1-2 done, solo, hollow, first time of asking #leet (though I died on the approach once, doh, hence the hollow). Very much war of attrition with the dagger! Really should have a think about better weapons...

I tried to blue-stone. Got a couple of runs but twice disconnected shortly before the boss was down, which was kinda annoying. "Unstable network" or some bollocks.

Need to work out what that so means for
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Think I like 1-3 (logged off tonight though, before going there), but yeah 2-2/3-1/5-1 are the eek levels for me and they're kinda next. Guess I'll do 4-1 and maybe get the weapon from there iirc?
  • Just played the Tower level, fuck me that’s a maze and half. Trying
    Spoiler:

I think I know where I’ve got to go and the graphics are amazing
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fuuuck stacked it on 4-1, then died another couple of times cos of those frickin traps and shooty things.  Nnngg.   Think I've now got 7k souls not long before the boss's door so need to go traipsing back as could quite do with those!  I'm now in the 25-50% equip burden and move set still seems fine.  Need to find some better armour really though.
    Spoiler:
  • How do you get more magic spells to choose from ?

I’ve
    Spoiler:
  • Can’t believe the difference in 30 FPS to 60 FPS, can’t play this in 30.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hmm can't quite remember.  Does up cycle between them??  I've not done any magic at all on my run :-/.  At least not yet, though slightly annoyingly I've just realised I am carrying a wand!
  • Isn’t there
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I thought he was meaning how you have more than one active at a time, rather than buying more?  Maybe the "attune" thing on that dude though??
  • You have to attune magic. Basically buy more slots.
  • Ahhhh, yeah attunes, j in think you get more slots by levelling intelligence? That might just be more mana though...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah more slots from intelligence.

So my Souls revisit hasn’t been kind. Think I’m too old. I don’t recall it being this difficult before.

So anyway I started as a hunter and stupidly used the blue stone after dying to the tower knight the first time. I then did it again. World went dark and now have two red knights at the entrance to tower knight. Fuck that.

So I restarted as magic user and started very well. Less drops (lower luck) but I flew through Phalanx on to tower knight and just heading there and got invaded by a complete cunt. Wasted a life and my wand and circlet got damaged fighting the fucker. All in cost me a life and about 1200 souls.

So back at it then.
  • That sounds incredibly tedious.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol.  I've not used an ephemeral eyes yet.  Maybe do some helping others to remind yourself of bits & get the world happier??

I had a great lunchtime sesh (one of the few advantages of working from home...) - 4-1 still, but got through, got my souls back, immediately rolled off a cliff.  FML.  Then got back _again_, got those souls, and now definitely right outside the boss when I stopped.  Angry looking dude between me and the fog door, and I'm carrying 15k souls, so yeah eek can't quite decide what to do.  The frickin green shit that gets fired at you from the skies is a bit unnecessary and doesn't really make me want to go through it all yet again, but if I get done by the boss that's what'll be happening.  Can't remember if it's an easy or hard one - something tells me not too bad, but it's a gamble for sure.  Eek.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • About the air mobs:
    Spoiler:

About the boss:
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Pissed over the tower knight with magic. However the fast sword and spear knights can still be tricky. As stamina is my weakest attribute it doesn’t take much to knock you off guard and still die quickly.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Went for a dry run on the boss, and yup remember him now.  We beat him too, which helped, so I'm also human form.  Only downside is my dagger really struggled for reach until it fell over.  So hmm I kinda might need a different weapon for this one and haven't used one at all all game so kinda lucky dip time.  As you say though, very slow moving so hopefully it'll all be ok (and up to 20k souls now, so it kinda had better be!).
  • I'm really sorry but I can't get over your avatar Boris... I keep thinking Burke is having these issues and I'm like 'good, you deserve it'.

You shouldn't do this to yourself.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Dark souls is definitely kinda on the runs from bonfire to boss, that's for sure!
  • Just tried the
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!