Work - The pros and the cons...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Anyone have trouble with the commute in this morning?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My train was about 5 minutes late this morning, but that's not unusual, and it is more rammed than normal, but I have a seat.
  • I'm still in bed :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message

hahahaha

Six of my lot haven't turned up, two of them came in, well they got to waterloo then turned around and went home

Clapham got closed and it took me about seven minutes to walk the 3-400 yards past the station due to bellends being bellends. Stop chatting about being late, point your toes towards your office and put one foot in front of the other, you'll get the hang of it. This is a pavement not a fucking beer garden, get moving creatures
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Ouch, I didn't blame Claire or Joy for running away, no point going through same again in the afternoon when you could stay on the overground and get back where you're supposed to be
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • How long is this strike due to go on?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Just a day, but I think this is the first time the unions have managed to shutdown every station in Central London.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    hahahaha Six of my lot haven't turned up, two of them came in, well they got to waterloo then turned around and went home Clapham got closed and it took me about seven minutes to walk the 3-400 yards past the station due to bellends being bellends. Stop chatting about being late, point your toes towards your office and put one foot in front of the other, you'll get the hang of it. This is a pavement not a fucking beer garden, get moving creatures

where do you live? 

I thought I was being clever by going to get the thames clipper thing to work but on arrival found out that unless you were at Putney it was pointless at every boat was full. Abandoned that and walked to putney overground and it was fine.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Walked from waterloo to the office as usual, I had lots of company on the way in with mardy faces on. Feltgoodman.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Enjoying the combo of being laid low with a cold and having to do my tax return for last wee bit of freelancing last year. Receipts from my shopping when I was single are a hoot, at least. Every single one seems to contain at least one bottle of wine and a jar of olives.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm pretty lucky, I live Wandsworth, and work Clapham, thjough fell asleep on the Brixton bus the other night and found myself in Putney
  • So thought I'd try the hotel gym. Only running machine machine is broken. The rowing machine lcd is broken. There is a Skipping rope but the ceiling too low to skip. There are boxing gloves but no punch bag. Also no water in the gym. Apparently there is a sauna, I asked and they need an hours notice to get it up to temperature. I give up. I really wanted to go on a run, but it's far too dangerous on the remote country roads with no high visibility vest.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Driving range?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ambitious for a wank.
  • So I'm doing some work for my Dad, to overhaul his website and social media presence. His Twitter account hasn't been used since 2013, and even then hasn't been used much since 2010/11. My question is, should I delete the old tweets and start with a blank slate? I'm leaning towards starting fresh, but I'm not sure.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'd delete them myself.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can't see any benefit to keeping them, only downsides of old stuff gets picked up and used out of context. There are even utilities that will automatically scrub any Tweets beyond a certain age, we're recommended to use them at the Graun. Seems like good advice to me.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I can't see any benefit to keeping them, only downsides of old stuff gets picked up and used out of context. There are even utilities that will automatically scrub any Tweets beyond a certain age, we're recommended to use them at the Graun. Seems like good advice to me.

I'm surprised any one even cares what the journalists think, let alone the staff
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    We're constantly taking pops at the Sun and Mail, they'll always be happy for the chance to return the favour.
  • Yeah delete them.  What's there that would be worth keeping?  Better to make the account look like a fresh new one than one that went neglected for 6 years.
  • Dream job interview done today. 

I was nervous, I admittedly rambled on some bits, but I hope i've shown enough to impress.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Dream job interview done today. 

I was nervous, I admittedly rambled on some bits, but I hope i've shown enough to impress.

New custodian of the playboy mansion and bunnies while the heff is on sabbatical ?

• Fingers crossed Mike.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Gamermike wrote:
    Dream job interview done today.  I was nervous, I admittedly rambled on some bits, but I hope i've shown enough to impress.
    New custodian of the playboy mansion and bunnies while the heff is on sabbatical ?

That would probably terrify me :)

Cheers G.
  • Currently still in 'start up' phase. Marketing myself always did feel uncomfortable. Hate the whole pitching/interview process.

Just want to chuck people my book and say "this is what I can do, hire me if you like it or, y'know, don't..."

20 years experience, still doesn't get any easier.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Aye, that's hard graft Jim.
  • Selling myself just makes me feel all ick. Horrible process.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!