Work - The pros and the cons...
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Interview at half 11. Nerves kicking in.
    Good luck!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Think it went well, just need to see if it went better than the other 3 guys that are going for it! Should find out by close of business tomorrow.
  • Good luck Haws.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Still waiting. Hate this bit, as the day goes on i think more and more I haven't got it.
  • Fingers crossed.
  • Fingers crossed for you HawBaws, I've been feeling that way the whole week and still might have to wait till tomorrow.

Also can't tell if the longer wait is better, or if Im being held in reserve if someone else refuses. I am sure they have no idea that my stomach has been in knots for the past 2 weeks.
  • So the ongoing fucking tragedy of the NHS in England continues, as my organisation are yet again (3rd consecutive year) asked to implement a Cost Reduction Plan to remove ‘inefficiency’ in the system. The same inefficiency that we cut 15% out of for the last 2 years.

This year it’s 17% of our budget for my team, which is the equivalent of 5 full time posts from a team of 27. I’ve been though at least 4 major NHS reorganisations in my time and this is the first time that I’ve been in genuine fear for my own job, but also those of my team. We can usually drive down costs through non-staff means, but this is the first time my boss and I can’t see any way out of this which doesn’t involve redundancies.

Fuck this.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Submit "treat patients with the power of prayer" as your suggestion.
  • Gremill wrote:
    So the ongoing fucking tragedy of the NHS in England continues, as my organisation are yet again (3rd consecutive year) asked to implement a Cost Reduction Plan to remove ‘inefficiency’ in the system. The same inefficiency that we cut 15% out of for the last 2 years. This year it’s 17% of our budget for my team, which is the equivalent of 5 full time posts from a team of 27. I’ve been though at least 4 major NHS reorganisations in my time and this is the first time that I’ve been in genuine fear for my own job, but also those of my team. We can usually drive down costs through non-staff means, but this is the first time my boss and I can’t see any way out of this which doesn’t involve redundancies. Fuck this.

Oh FFS.  You have my sympathies, it's increasingly ridiculous.  Don't worry though, should you declare you can find no way to create further savings they'll send in an insanely over-paid consultancy firm to make a whole bunch of shit suggestions, and nick any good ideas you've had already.  (As well as members of your staff.)

Really sorry.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    So the ongoing fucking tragedy of the NHS in England continues, as my organisation are yet again (3rd consecutive year) asked to implement a Cost Reduction Plan to remove ‘inefficiency’ in the system. The same inefficiency that we cut 15% out of for the last 2 years. This year it’s 17% of our budget for my team, which is the equivalent of 5 full time posts from a team of 27. I’ve been though at least 4 major NHS reorganisations in my time and this is the first time that I’ve been in genuine fear for my own job, but also those of my team. We can usually drive down costs through non-staff means, but this is the first time my boss and I can’t see any way out of this which doesn’t involve redundancies. Fuck this.
    Oh FFS.  You have my sympathies, it's increasingly ridiculous.  Don't worry though, should you declare you can find no way to create further savings they'll send in an insanely over-paid consultancy firm to make a whole bunch of shit suggestions, and nick any good ideas you've had already.  (As well as members of your staff.) Really sorry.

An american firm were recently doing the same with my wife trust.  They charged 9 million for 3 months consultancy.  The end result seems to have been to impose longer working days to try and piss off and push long serving, higher earning staff off into early retirement.  That and put up the parking charge for visitors and staff will also now have to pay. Brilliant.
  • Consultancies are the fuck
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh fuck. The experts from out of town.

Every industry seems to suffer from this. We had a load of fuckwits in a while back to apparently improve our procurement practices and save money.

It became apparent that they had obviously earned their rep by engaging with basket case organisations - or at least - that's all we could deduce , since everything they suggested was fairly rudimentary - to the point where we could have considered their engagement an insult and questioning our competence.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Same at our place. They were fucking wizards at PowerPoint though, but all the content came from us.
  • Didn't get the job. Fucksticks.
  • To pay devil's advocate here, may I therefore ask the question, if findings noted that rudementary processes were not in place, or all the content came from yourselves, why was it not found or implemented until the consultants arrived?

Edit: sorry HBJ, hugs man.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    Didn't get the job. Fucksticks.

Sorry to hear that bud :(
  • HawBawJaws wrote:

Unlucky, sorry to hear that. Any decent feedback or just a No Thanks?
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Gremill wrote:

Oh FFS.  You have my sympathies, it's increasingly ridiculous.  Don't worry though, should you declare you can find no way to create further savings they'll send in an insanely over-paid consultancy firm to make a whole bunch of shit suggestions, and nick any good ideas you've had already.  (As well as members of your staff.)

Really sorry.

Also, forgot to mention that the exec directors (who are utterly fucking clueless as to the pressure our services are already under operationally) want us to submit our plans to achieve this, which we’ll be held to when we inevitably fail to achieve savings, by Friday. This Friday!

Cunts, the lot of them.
  • Also sorry to hear that HBJ.
  • Friday?!?

On what planet is that remotely feasible?!
  • WorKid wrote:
    HawBawJaws wrote:

Unlucky, sorry to hear that. Any decent feedback or just a No Thanks?

No feedback as yet, just a quick call from the recruitment agency saying i was unsuccessful. I read the guy at my last interview and guessed he wanted someone that's already at gm/dgm level. All their questions focused on man management and customer service though, so fuck knows. I wasn't that invested in the job itself, more the salary and shift patterns, with my personal situation just now the extra money and mon-fri working would've made things a lot easier for everyone.
  • Bad luck mate.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    To pay devil's advocate here, may I therefore ask the question, if findings noted that rudementary processes were not in place, or all the content came from yourselves, why was it not found or implemented until the consultants arrived? Edit: sorry HBJ, hugs man.

They were in place.

There was clearly an assumption at director level that nothing was in place; hence the rightful feeling of insult.

It was, to be blunt, a fucking waste of everyone's time.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Rejected for that job.

Really thought I'd at least get an interview.
  • And in even more awesome news, our department is going to disappear in the next few months.

No redundancies, they will redeploy people, but I'm not really sure I can be arsed with that. We can be moved to the other team in the room, and 'skill up' if we want to, but no one will be forced to. What do you get for this skilling up? Do you get the several thousand pound salary bump to put you on par with the people currently doing the same job? Do you fuck.

So yeah, if I do stay, I will not be doing free work for them.
  • Dante, what is it that you do for a job?
  • And in even more awesome news, our department is going to disappear in the next few months.

No redundancies, they will redeploy people, but I'm not really sure I can be arsed with that. We can be moved to the other team in the room, and 'skill up' if we want to, but no one will be forced to. What do you get for this skilling up? Do you get the several thousand pound salary bump to put you on par with the people currently doing the same job? Do you fuck.

So yeah, if I do stay, I will not be doing free work for them.

Don't want to be a dissenting voice on this raw issue, but if the other team are doing the same job, how will you be gaining new skills? Is it a different role, or is it the same?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!