Work - The pros and the cons...
  • pantyfire wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    Also I know with me that whilst I often feel that money is tight, I find it rarely matters what I'm paid, the money's always tight more because of me not my earnings. Also if you've managed to sort out all the "extras" you were paying your boy's ma, then maybe the 5k difference wouldn't be that noticeable without that added fluctuating expense
    This. If you earned 80k. Things would still be tight because Cullen would have a pony or something.
    One thing I've learnt over the years is money is important but your work life balance is way more important.
    I'd approach them and see if they had an but more in the budget or ask to see figures over this percentage malarkey from another similar store.

But even if there was no movement I'd advise you to go for it. Just to be happier.

It could also be the setting for a great The Office style comedy.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Not sure what you mean Peak/bat
  • They sent through an example of the commission structure. The average store just now earns around 1k a month, divided amongst the shop team, this is projected to do double that, conservatively.

Fuckit, I'm gonna go for it. No job is worth the toll my current one takes on my brain.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Interview went well. The work is well within my wheel house. Staff were lovely. They had a slide outside from the accounts team to design reception.!!!

Are you sure this isn't in Preston? My mates work has that.

HBJ, I think it sounds like a job to take. Definitely see if you can get any more, but if not it sounds as though this will be a significant improvement in terms of environment.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    They had a slide outside from the accounts team to design reception.!!!

That’s for the accounts team to kick you down when you get your billable hours wrong.
    pantyfire wrote:
    … peak /bat?

He means Nathan Barley. Trashbat.
  • poprock wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    They had a slide outside from the accounts team to design reception.!!!
    ki

That’s for the accounts team to kick you down when you get your billable hours wrong.
    pantyfire wrote:
    … peak /bat?

He means Nathan Barley. Trashbat.

Omg. I thought it was slashbat.
    Om
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Well weapon.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahaha, just hope he can start writing some pleasant stuff soon enough. Everything else he's done has come true, Funny Nostradamus gameplaying fucker
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • So I asked for more money, they're taking it to the directors to try for me, should know by Monday. Turns out that 1k a month is just for management, so it'd be all mine, staff are on a different structure, but I'm only likely to see those amounts during spring and summer. Also pointed out that it'd be October before I saw any commission, they're looking at compensation for the first couple of months until my commission kicks in, looks like they really want me.
  • Always feels good to be wanted. How will you survive without the free movies though? You’ll need a cinema allowance form the new place.
  • Pfft, I'll just text a mate that still works there and get freebies anyway! Gonna see what they come back with on Monday, but I'm almost 100%sure I'm going to take it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well there are those cinema cards, but I'd just grab a DarkSoldier subscription, really varied stuff on those screens, often breaking street date too
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Great to hear HBJ, a change is as good as a break, and it's sounded like you've needed both of those for a little while now
  • @pantypock
    In London it would be full Nathan Barley. Its fine up North they are all too nice.
  • Sounds like the place to be HBJ.
  • Nice one dude, always worth asking, worst they can say is no and you can still take it anyway. Also the cost and time sink of finding someone else is way more hassle and they’ll want to avoid it I’m sure. Plus you know, you’re worth it man.

And congrats!
  • HBJ. My brother-in-law runs a charity mobility scooter business, where they provide the scooters to guests at events and festivals etc for donations (hence the charity). He also had a similar business in America. If you have any questions about the trade, I can put you in contact.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Congrats Hawbaw, this sounds really positive. Even if it’s a bit less money to start, it sounds like there’s a potential there for real advancement. Plus, none of us are getting any younger and badger rates on mobility scooters may well be needed around here before too long.
  • That's awesome syph, I really appreciate it. I'll pm you shortly.

And thanks to everyone else for the advice and words of support.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Plus, none of us are getting any younger and badger rates on mobility scooters may well be needed around here before too long.

Can we get them as a Forza expansion?
  • Nice one HB!!!

Good luck with it all. Getting out of a toxic job should do wonders I think. Let go of all that baggage they dumped on you. I'll echo the money thing too. Obviously more money can make things easier but you always make do with what you earn. It's silly how easy it can be to spend the extra money you earn once you get a pay bump.
  • Summer holidays have landed aw yissss.
  • It's like if all us normal folk released all the twats we had to work with into the public for 6 weeks.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Good work HBJ - it'll be nice for g to see a face he knows whenever he pops in, at least while his memory lasts

And good work all y'all teachers
  • Aye, I’ll defo be looking for a discount.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Just off the phone - they're giving me 26k basic until the shop is open and I'm earning commission. Went through it in more detail last night with a mate, even if I hit the bottom bonus tier it's still 250 a month, so only 27 down on my current, and they expect this to be the best store they have for turnover. I've accepted the offer.

Currently typing my resignation to cineworld, never felt better.
  • 100% good feeling that.
  • Good luck mate!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Excellent news.
  • Exciting times for HawBaw. Congratulations fella!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!