Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yo, it's me again.  You want some jobs?  Boy, have I got some jobs for you.  Number 1 financial comparison firm in Cheltenham.  We've won so many awards we had to stop going so that some other folks could start winning.  I've got some paperwork around here somewhere, wait there.

We're on the lookout for the following roles...

Customer Support Apprentice
    Service Availability Engineer
    BI Developer
    Data Scientist
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Good work subbax.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Just in case that wasn't enough job for you folks, peep these.

These ones are in Bromley at a company our parent company bought last year, I think.  Maybe the year before.  I'm not sure what working there is like as I'm Cheltenham based but hit me up if you want to know more.  They sound cool though.

Model Layer Developer
    PL Developer
    Graduate Software Developer
    Lead Tester
    Graduate Systems Analyst
    Graduate Systems Tester
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Fine, so you're not interested in those jobs.  Here's a few more, Cheltenham based.

Marketing manager
    Senior developer

P.s these are all real, actual jobs in the company I work for, just in case people think I'm joking.  Hit me up for more info.

P.p.s  Also, we're not hiring all these because we're shit and people are leaving or getting fired.  We're expanding so new hires, see?
  • Got a couple of jobs going where I am as well, provided you don't mind civil service life:

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1705272

That one is in the team I manage so you'd be working for yours truly.

https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1705397

This one is in the wider team I'm part of.

If anyone is interested and wants any help with an application then hit me up. Closing date is Thursday...Sorry for late notice!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'd be interested in the second job, but not for a couple of years unfortunately.

What is the pay structure like in the civil service? Are there annual increases or is it pretty much fixed until you promote?
  • Subbax wrote:
    Fine, so you're not interested in those jobs.  Here's a few more, Cheltenham based.

Marketing manager
    Senior developer

P.s these are all real, actual jobs in the company I work for, just in case people think I'm joking.  Hit me up for more info.

P.p.s  Also, we're not hiring all these because we're shit and people are leaving or getting fired.  We're expanding so new hires, see?
    Subbax

Are you recruiting people expecting them to WFH? And eventually move to Cheltenham? Know someone who might b up for marketing manager but she's London based (at least for now)
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I'd be interested in the second job, but not for a couple of years unfortunately.

What is the pay structure like in the civil service? Are there annual increases or is it pretty much fixed until you promote?

Pretty fixed now unless promote. They had annual increases but I think it's frozen at the moment due to covid etc... That's their excuse
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Subbax wrote:

Marketing manager
    Senior developer

Subbax

Are you recruiting people expecting them to WFH? And eventually move to Cheltenham? Know someone who might b up for marketing manager but she's London based (at least for now)

Great question! First off this might help, I haven't been into the office since March or whenever this shit all kicked off. Work has been exemplary with regards to handling the 'rona, especially with kids and all that.

99% sure they won't have to travel to interview or work, if hired quickly.

Short version, I'll get an answer for you today.

Also it's a senior marketing manager, shouldn't change anything for you hopefully. I'll throw you over some more info in DM when I get answers.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    The not going into the office applies to everyone in the company, around 80 people.

There was a period over late summer where a certain number of people could go in, voluntarily, but I've never been forced or suggested to.
  • I'm back working for dpd.

My mental health was in the toilet before I went back to these arseholes, but it's definitely making it worse.

So, if anyone knows of any jobs (and I do mean any, I'll literally do anything) going in the lanarkshire/Glasgow area, please give me a shout. Happy to chuck my cv across if it'll help.

I need away from these fuckers, they make my brain itch.
  • I’ve heard from a few pals in the hospitality industry who took jobs on the Covid track and trace stuff when lockdown left them redundant. I wouldn’t know where to start, but is that worth a look?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Interview this morning, felt like it went pretty well, though I did waffle (relevantly-ish) a couple of times. They're giving nothing away though, would not want to play poker against the main interviewer, unless it was strip poker, she's kinda hot
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Good to hear Cocko. Fingers crossed, eh?
  • Aye, good luck mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Cheers guys, should know something by the end of the week. One of those where I thought the chat would end with an offer, then she checked herself and turned discussion to the fact they may do a second round depending on calibre of applicants. Giving me nothing, and unlike Lou-Bou Boyle I don't know every lie. Either way though I'm genuinely pretty happy driving the forklift around so only applying for really decent sounding stuff
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Nice one cocko. It's always easier finding something when you don't feel you up against the wall.

I had an ego boosting conversation yesterday with a guy I'm working with. He basically offered me a job when I finish up where I am at the moment, and mentioned that the VP of the company (who I met a couple of years ago when he was a regional head of department) really liked me. We mentioned salary and when I suggested one, which was 30% more than I'm on now, he agreed in an instant. I'll need to go higher if this ever becomes a formal offer.
  • My friend got head hunted from one Supermarket to a rival.  He played his cards well initially and went in on about 50% higher than his previous employer was paying him.  It was within the site procurement department.  New boss came in, took one look at the HO wage structure and told him he could either fuck off or go work in the marketing department for less than he was on previously.  His job now is laying out those cheap paper newspaper style leaflets that come through your door with promotions on them.
    He’s quite happy with the situation though.  Said he got greedy and he now likes his life with fuck all stress.
  • I may well find myself in a similar situation.  Held out for a staff offer that is near-as-dammit equivalent to my day rate as a contractor but with the benefits a staff position affords on top.  The day I converted my boss chose not to renew his contract and I now have a new boss who may not value me the same as my previous one.  I'm not complaining though.  I'm fucking lucky to have a job that pays well and I'm very conscious of that.
  • Another victim of the ir35 shit storm?
  • IR35 is going to be messy.
    There is a rumour I have seen going around LinkedIn that if people are working from home they will be outside ir35. It is definitely not that simple and I think a fair few are gonna get tripped up.
  • Nope, I was PAYE through Umbrella.  And I'm very glad of that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    I may well find myself in a similar situation.  Held out for a staff offer that is near-as-dammit equivalent to my day rate as a contractor but with the benefits a staff position affords on top.  The day I converted my boss chose not to renew his contract and I now have a new boss who may not value me the same as my previous one.  I'm not complaining though.  I'm fucking lucky to have a job that pays well and I'm very conscious of that.

Haven’t you been working for the same place for, like, 400 years or something?
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Nope, I was PAYE through Umbrella.

Uh oh.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    I may well find myself in a similar situation.  Held out for a staff offer that is near-as-dammit equivalent to my day rate as a contractor but with the benefits a staff position affords on top.  The day I converted my boss chose not to renew his contract and I now have a new boss who may not value me the same as my previous one.  I'm not complaining though.  I'm fucking lucky to have a job that pays well and I'm very conscious of that.
    Haven’t you been working for the same place for, like, 400 years or something?

It'll be ten years in June.  Nine of those as a contractor.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Nope, I was PAYE through Umbrella.
    Uh oh.

Don't worry, I am not planning to eat your brains until you sleep.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Paying contractor rates for that long is nuts.
  • Yossarian wrote:

Reminds of a contractor who worked at the same place for 10 years. One day got told by new finance boss to reduce his day rate if he wanted to stay on. Reduced it to £900 a day. Fecking hell.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Reminds of a contractor who worked at the same place for 10 years. One day got told by new finance boss to reduce his day rate if he wanted to stay on. Reduced it to £900 a day. Fecking hell.

I'm not pretending I was on anything even close to that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!