Breaking Bad Season Five - NO MORE SPOILER TAGS!
  • At the moment she seems practically catatonic. We'll see though, Skylar has proven time and again to be a massive hypocrite.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Only one thing I see being a problem re: Walt killing his family is the baby. I'd think he'd leave Walt Jr and the young 'un alone, but can see Skylar getting it. First ep prologue pretty much shows how alone he is, so either she's telling all or shot to shit.

Yep, I think Skylar is for the chop. He uses her maiden name as an alias in that flash-forward in the first episode which may be some sort of indicator.

Great episode though. Mike is probably my favourite character.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    What of the operation in Mehico?  Lab just sitting there.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz

• Cant find the first one. Annoyingly they are officially posted on some bullshit country blocking site.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aaron Paul is the best actor of all the actors.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Skerret wrote:

I'd presume that'll be hinted at/covered later. Ain't a show to leave such things hanging.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Skerret wrote:

Wouldn't that have ended with the death of pretty much the entire Cartel?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The plant they had wasn't shown again.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Well yes, but given Walt's reluctance to drive a long way (he said as much in s05e02), I can't see them using it.

Probably.
  • Heh, don't expect Walt to be doing much cooking this year, as far as he's concerned he's been promoted to the Gus role. Besides, Jessie can do the cook just fine on his own now.
  • Pretty brazen to end both episodes on roughly similar notes. When I saw it, I thought the embrace at the end of the premiere was - in its own quiet way - one of the most horrifying moments of the show so far. The spooning at the end of this one struck the same chord, and then built on it. Those scenes played like they were taken out of a horror movie. Skylar's trapped in the house with this thing, and there's no way out now.

Also, how good was Laura Fraser? Geez, as the Americans say.

Also also: if you like that sort of thing ("that sort of thing" being really well-written, entertaining and insightful analysis of tv shows), Sean T. Collins is writing episode reviews for Rolling Stone. Episode one. Two. What he wrote about the previous seasons at his own site. These are not the rubbish recaps where the writer just regurgitates the plot with added "snark". Hate that shit.
  • Ok Ep2 was good for the Mike shizzle but really, who was that woman he shoots / doesn't shoot at the end.  Some chemical supplier to Gus or summat?  I must've zoned out when they filled in her backstory.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It was the woman he was talking to in the cafe. Who is also 
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Lydia was in on the DEA meet with Hank and the German Big Boss man before all the stuff with her and Mike kicked off, probably what spooked her into putting her plan into operation in the first place. madrigal.jpg
  • Yeah i got all that, i just found her arrival onto the scene as a playa without any major exposition a little odd.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Yeah i got all that, i just found her arrival onto the scene as a playa without any major exposition a little odd.

Early days yet for that. My guess is that they're saving clarification of her role until she becomes a person of interest to Hank and the DEA. I thought Fraser brought enough to the role, and to the interplay with Jonathan Banks, that it was easy to buy her as a part of that world without having all the information on her background.
  • Ep 3
    Wooaa, Walt's thoughts to Jesse at the end of the ep. He really is becoming a cunt. Also; Scarface. An insight to how this season (or part 2 of it anyway) will end?
  • Seemed Skylar was thinking the same thing - you're talking about Scarface right? Not that black and white film Walt & Jesse were watching when he subtly ruined another relationship for Jesse with a bit of clever suggestion and manipulation.

Nice cooking montage in the middle of the episode, and good to see Badger and Skinny Pete again. A reminder of the more innocent days of the first few series. The three-way partnership is obviously doomed to failure. Walt's already maneuvering to get Jesse onboard for the idea of offing Mike. His mask of concern for Jesse slipped as soon as something threatened his chances to maximize his earnings. 

If Walt's only just about to turn 51 then that means the flash-foward to his 52nd Birthday in the first ep is to the end of the series rather than the end of this run of 8 episodes. [/blatently obvious observation]
  • Another great episode. Walt sure is a scarey man now. It's interesting hearing how he feels about Fring now, going from hating him to now basically admiring his set up.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Walt's always been a bit of a twat though, although in a far more benign way. You sympathised with him to begin with because he was essentially doing all that stuff for his family, and he was obviously a bit brow-beaten by life when we first met him. Now it's more to feed his own ego-mania and he's clearly become far more ruthless (he agonised for ages about killing that one guy in Jesse's basement in S1, now he'd just murder anyone who got in his way).

Beneath the nerd-ish exterior I got the impression he was always quite cold and calculating and had stored up reserves of resentment about his life. Once he got used to murder and exploitation he was perfectly comfortable with them.

I guess this series we'll see the true cost of his decisions. Or maybe not.
  • Yeah it's interesting that you bring up his disdain for previous failures. I keep wondering if we're going to have some revelation from his past before the end. He may have hesitated for considerable time with Krazy 8, but still ruthlessly murdered him and didn't really reflect on that much. Say in comparison to Jesse after Gale and especially his breakdown following the death of Jane.

I still think he cares in some way for Jesse and because of this it could lead to redemption for both of them. Either that or Jesse dies, causing Walt to completely lose it.
  • three1ne wrote:
    Ep 3 Wooaa, Walt's thoughts to Jesse at the end of the ep. He really is becoming a cunt. Also; Scarface. An insight to how this season (or part 2 of it anyway) will end?

Quoting myself here. How cool. 
    From Larry David's response I think I may have misinterpreted Walt's last speech to Jesse. He says that Gus killed Victor (slit his throat) because he started cooking/acting out of turn.

Was Walt telling Jesse to not ever speak out of turn, i.e never to rise up against him or was he planting the seed in Jesse's head; telling him to beware of Mike?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Mike is fucked. Wouldn't be surprised if Skylar tells someone in a mental fit of panic or such, leading to her offage.
  • The pizza toss is probably my favourite moment!
  • 2-Face Fring for the win.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yeah the irony being that a TV show made it look more convincing than that film ever could.
  • I loved the ep. It had some of that old skool meph cooking flavour. As mentioned, it was great to see Badger & SP again.

Walt is just going to get worse, Breaking Bad, nah, Breaking Evil.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Yes Walt's turning into an unlikeable badass, it's not going to end well is it?
    Things can only get better.
  • three1ne wrote:
    three1ne wrote:
    Ep 3 Wooaa, Walt's thoughts to Jesse at the end of the ep. He really is becoming a cunt. Also; Scarface. An insight to how this season (or part 2 of it anyway) will end?
    Quoting myself here. How cool.  From Larry David's response I think I may have misinterpreted Walt's last speech to Jesse. He says that Gus killed Victor (slit his throat) because he started cooking/acting out of turn. Was Walt telling Jesse to not ever speak out of turn, i.e never to rise up against him or was he planting the seed in Jesse's head; telling him to beware of Mike?
    Someone answer me bitch!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Both, imo.

Also, 20 foreshadowing through the show/colours (including pink)/theories about season 5:

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/08/breaking-bad-allusions/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!