Breaking Bad Season Five - NO MORE SPOILER TAGS!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Quite often, going off PC reliability.

Plus, Jesse is for the off come 8, imo.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Sommat big is defo coming come end of eight.  Shit, it's going to be unbearable.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I think its either Jesse getting done (Walt has a new kid 'in town'), or the bug being found and Hank remembering back to Walt being there...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Walt and Hank, Walt and Hank.  There always the point where a character and his nemesis face off.  How does the machine gun figure in this?  Heat-style standoff?  Probably not.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I believe the machine gun won't be used, it'll just be for protection. Can't see this turning into an all out gun shooting war. If anything, one of the final scenes will be Walt and Hank, chatting head to head. I'm sure Todd will play a major part in Walt v Jesse though.
  • New badass Walt's probably going to be quietly impressed that Todd dealt with the situation in a such a cold-hearted but efficient, logical way. Jesse's not going to be able to live with it though.

It could lead to a Mike 'n' Jesse vs Todd 'n' Walt situation. But then again, probably not. I've given up trying to second guess this show. There's so many loose ends and various different ways things could pan out it's impossible.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yep.  I predict that Jesse will turn out to be the true Fist of the North Star.
  • I predict a more "prove yourself" scenario for Jesse involving having to off Todd. There has always only ever been one assistant right and despite Jesse being able to do the cook Walt still sees him as an assistant.

If Jesse is killed off it won't be until just before a final showdown, so maybe 1 or at the most 2 episodes before the end of the series. It will break the dynamic of the show to lose Jesse.

The machine gun may come into play in some accidental killing of Skyler, I can see her poking her nose in and things going tits up as a result.
  • mlzM9.jpg
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Not embedding it as it's a fairly obvious spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_fcdP0UVqw
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I predict a more "prove yourself" scenario for Jesse involving having to off Todd. There has always only ever been one assistant right and despite Jesse being able to do the cook Walt still sees him as an assistant.

That was before Walt become as he is now. Look at the scene again, Walt barely flinched. In contrast to Series 3 and all that. Ruthless will outweigh any obligation now, imo.
  • I'm not entirely sure about how Walt feels about Jesse, you know? I know he's been ruthless before, like with killing the girlfriend and so on, but these days he almost has a bit of fatherly love going on. I suppose he's always had that side to their relationship, trying to get Jesse to better his life (I know cooking meth isn't exactly charity work but you know what I mean) and so on. When Jesse gave Walt the watch he looked really touched.

I wonder if there will be a time where Walt is potentially going to be in a situation where he could kill Jesse and isn't sure whether to go through with it.
  • @DS
    Good point, but Todd can't do the cook. I don't think Walt is too far gone yet (emphasis on yet) to jeopardize the business, he will still need to weigh up Jesse's usefulness against not being able to control him.

From a TV making point of view, keeping Jesse alive is a useful tool for the viewer, as a touch point of sanity. At the moment the viewer is Jesse.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I don't think Walt is too far gone yet (emphasis on yet) to jeopardize the business

You mean like buying two expensive cars (albeit on contract or whatevs), wearing a clearly very expensive watch when visiting Hank, like jeopardising the lives of Jesse and Todd when the train was setting off....he's already at the point of only giving a fuck about himself, imo. He thinks he's Gus, he isn't.
  • @LarryDavid full lulz.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • You mean like buying two expensive cars (albeit on contract or whatevs), wearing a clearly very expensive watch when visiting Hank, like jeopardising the lives of Jesse and Todd when the train was setting off....he's already at the point of only giving a fuck about himself, imo. He thinks he's Gus, he isn't.

The cars are maybe $1500 a month in lease payments max, and it's a $5000 watch; all perfectly legit purchases for a man who's just bought an $800 000 carwash in cash!  I still see redemption for his relationship with Jesse.  I think the look when he received the watch, and the little comment to Skylar about its significance afterwards shows there's still something there.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah, I don't seem them as 'legit' as I'm sure Hank will pick up on it too. Jesse is merely a servant now, nothing more, nothing less.
  • I think Hank's still suitably in the dark; they said he gambled his way to a small fortune but weren't specific, so he was probably blown away with the purchase of the car wash.  To the average joe, how much could it have cost?  $500k?  $1.5M?  If someone can buy that, you wouldn't begrudge him a nice car (go to the Chrysler website; fully loaded 300C SRT V8, uprated sound system, leather, $8k downpayment on a $48k car, dealer's best price for a 24 month 20 000 mile lease is just $619! Dodge Challenger SRT8 (auto), $44k, $7.5k down, 30 000 mile 36 month lease just $590 a month!) and a decent watch, especially as Walt's basically come into a bunch of money and not spent a penny on himself.

I don't see Hank's radar twitching yet.
  • Hank said something to Walt Jr about being a car wash millionaire so I guess the cars and watch fall in line with that?

Also, remember Hank has known Walt for years and would never imagine he could do what he's been doing.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Also, remember Hank has known Walt for years and would never imagine he could do what he's been doing.

True, but the whole Rain Man gambling card-counting thing fits with the bumbling nerd persona he's had throughout the whole series, so I could buy Hank buying that.  A new car plus a watch, and a big treat for his son doesn't set me looking for drug money just yet.
  • Seriously though, I might get a Dodge Challenger now I know they're just $600 a month.
  • Exactly, plus with the marriage going tits up and that Hank knows Skylar fucked Ted, he would probably put it down to a kind of mid life crises.
  • I still say that Walt receiving that watch from Jesse wasnt a moment when Walt thought they were chums again, it was a moment when Walt realised what a great manipulator he is. He even has the balls to tell Skylar pretty much exactly that in the following scene.

As @Live said, I cant see them killing off Jesse purely for the audience investment of the show.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Too many folks here thinking this 'Todd' guy is going to become the third man in the Walt 'n' Jessie relationship. Balderdash. If Todd was in Star Trek, he'd be wearing a red shirt....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Have avoided reading any of this thread so far as been working through this series.  Just watched last episode of season 4, leaves things hanging very cleverly.  Interested to see how it progresses, though I'm tempted to wait until the whole series is finished before getting on S5.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Too many folks here thinking this 'Todd' guy is going to become the third man in the Walt 'n' Jessie relationship. Balderdash. If Todd was in Star Trek, he'd be wearing a red shirt....

Disagree, now he's popped that kid, I think Walt will see him as the 'can do' kind of guy he wants. He certainly follows instructions:

"The point is, no one, other than us, can ever know that this robbery went down. Nobody. Got it?" -Jesse
    "Yeah, absolutely." -Todd
    "Are you sure?" -Walt
    "Yes, sir." -Todd
  • I caved and have seen all of these now. Very good so far. I agree with whoever it was that said this series isn't as enjoyable as previous ones as the humour isn't there to the same extent. They're in darker territory now so not really a criticism.

Predicto Todd will be offed by Jesse and Mike in a power play against Walt after he uses Todd to try and off Mike. He's unsympathetic now so they can kill him and still be the 'good guys' that the show is setting them up as. 
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I suppose he's always had that side to their relationship

Yeah definitely, this has always been the heart of the show. I still believe he loves Jesse and this will be his redemption whether he lives or dies come the end. Even in season four when he really started to lose it, he would do anything to save Jesse. Look at the episode where he's under the impression that Gus has/will kill him - walking right into the chicken shack with a gun. My point of reference whenever I doubt the relationship are these moments, most notably the end of season two when he finds Jesse with all the other junkies.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes, but he's full Heisenberg now, hat or not.

Different dynamic. I was right about Lilly of the Valleys, I'm right about this dammit.
  • It's Monday, BITCH!

Currently watching.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!