Breaking Bad Season Five - NO MORE SPOILER TAGS!
  • I watched the episode again last night where Skylar conjures up the story about the gambling, with a script and everything. She really is quite crazy. Amazing long scene between the two of them.
  • Wander wrote:
    I watched the episode again last night where Skylar conjures up the story about the gambling, with a script and everything. She really is quite crazy.

I don't read her that way at all, at least not at that point in the show. She's obviously a very smart and competent woman, who sacrificed a career using her brains and skills to take care of a son with special needs. She's married to a genius who has become increasingly depressed and bitter because his life didn't turn out the way it was supposed to, but whom she clearly loves anyway. With Beneke, she grasps the opportunity first to support her own family, and then clearly relishes the chance to be able to use her wits to save the day. I'm not going to defend her infidelity, or her actions as she gets in deeper and more illegal waters both with Beneke and Walt, but I think it's worth noting that she never gets close to being anywhere near as reprehensible as Walt.

Actually, her manipulations of people contrasted with Walt's makes the difference between the two of them pretty clear: he tells himself he's doing these things for his family and loved ones (but he's actually just doing it for himself, coals to feed his runaway ego train), and she actually is doing this for her family and loved ones, however misguided her actions may be. I'm not going to say Skyler doesn't get off a little on being allowed to display her intellect in some of those situations, but that's so far below Walt's level of [insert proper psychological term for being a demented mass murderer here] that it doesn't even register on the same scale. She might have gone crazy in the last episode, though. I have no sympathy left for Walter White, but Skyler is breaking my heart every time she's on screen now.
  • Ep 4
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Another brilliant episode. Walt pretty much becomes Heisenberg again. Liked the cliffhanger ending. Yeah, etc, just brilliant.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Anyone got a torrent or somesuch for last nights episode please?
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I'm watching every episode this season just hoping Walt gets killed to be honest. We already know he gets to see his 52nd Birthday so I know he isn't going to die anytime soon, but he's become so loathsome and awful I'm wishing it on him in every scene.
  • daviedigi wrote:
    Anyone got a torrent or somesuch for last nights episode please?

I use http://eztv.it/ for all my TV torrents.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    I'm watching every episode this season just hoping Walt gets killed to be honest. We already know he gets to see his 52nd Birthday so I know he isn't going to die anytime soon, but he's become so loathsome and awful I'm wishing it on him in every scene.

I particularly liked when Jesse gave him the watch and it looked like Walt was having a moment of solace although (from the following scene with Skylar) he was just infact realising he is a greater manipulator than may be even he imagined.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • This season is amazing. I don't feel the same way as some of you about Walt, at all. I'm actually glad he's becoming a bad ass and has the tools to do it. He's put up with so much shit, people telling him how to do things, his crappy home life and so on. Have your moment, fuck it and go out blazing.

He got a decent car at last, but leased it so it's not suspicious. He tells Mike to sort out Lydia and the product. His attitude to Skylar has been a long time coming, she's been such a fucking cunt in many ways, that he is finally getting through to her that he knows what he's doing, she's an idiot and has no clue what's going on, and to let him sort it out. She's getting killed though, and soon I reckon.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, BOOM! But for whom?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Man, looking at those gifs, I think killing Gale was the last straw for me having sympathy for Walt and Jess. So sad. That dude is an excellent actor, he turned up in something I saw recently, can't remember what.

Also, dude matty what? How can you side with Walt in that shit. Walt is a full blown monster who has almost got his family killed several times! This is BB working its spell on you though, I think Skylar was cast perfectly as the nag, she is very irritating initially, but now after Hank she is the only chance for a piece of redemption for Walt. Although, I think we all know that ain't gonna happen. Her waiting for the cancer to come back line was the moment of the season so far for me. Powerful.

Great point three1ne, I was getting annoyed at those scenes where someone shows compassion for Walt and he solemnly looks on. I hadn't even realised that it's actually the reverse of the cinematic trope of someone looking on solemnly to discover something positive about himself, he's actually just reveling in his deviousness, but it's not in his face (that of a master deceiver), it's in his character.

Also, Mike is the best BB secondary character and the best reason for watching these somewhat weaker(sorry) later seasons. He's like Lee Marvin and De Niro's lovechild.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • I'm not siding with Skylar, I'm siding with Walt. Bitch was all "oh I MUST help you with this, I MUST be involved! Oh look Walt, I spent $600,000 of your money to kill a guy, oh well!" and now she has an issue with him? Fuck that.
  • I just want someone to give their kid a good kicking. Preferably anyone whatsoever.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I'm not siding with Skylar, I'm siding with Walt. Bitch was all "oh I MUST help you with this, I MUST be involved! Oh look Walt, I spent $600,000 of your money to kill a guy, oh well!" and now she has an issue with him? Fuck that.
    Was a typo, I meant to say side with Walt.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Damn straight :D
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So I gather I'm the only one who sympathises with Skylar these days?
  • Skylar is a dick but it is pretty hard to not feel sorry for her.

I'm struggling with this season a bit, it has totally lost that dark comedy vibe it had before, it's now just dark.
    Also I thought the first 4 seasons had a nice ark to them that came to a close at the end of season 4, this season feels a bit tacked on afterwards.

it is still one of the best things on at the moment though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    So the clock thingy at the end... did anyone else hear the sound of a gun being cocked right at the end?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    it has totally lost that dark comedy vibe it had before, it's now just dark.

I still find it funny at times, its just darker than it used to be.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    So the clock thingy at the end... did anyone else hear the sound of a gun being cocked right at the end?

Sounded like a shotgun being loaded.
  • So I gather I'm the only one who sympathises with Skylar these days?

I can sympathize that it's scarey for her to be in that situation, but at the same time she has had the time, ability and availability to do something about it. She also makes things about 1000 times worse on a constant basis.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    So I gather I'm the only one who sympathises with Skylar these days?
    I can sympathize that it's scarey for her to be in that situation, but at the same time she has had the time, ability and availability to do something about it. She also makes things about 1000 times worse on a constant basis.

I still don't agree with you oh my

Skret: re: gunshot, done a little digging and allegedly the last tick of the watch was replaced just to build tension.
  • Pffft what do you know, it's not like you're a fan of the show.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I mean, I know you can use her greed as a negative, and probably Ted, but I don't see either as a problem from her. Ted was born from her frustration with Walt's consistent lying, his constant disappearances and time away from the family, the money was born from his need for his treatment, and her desire to see her family sorted for life (at that point she had absolutely no idea the level Walt was at), and yeah, she's a bit nagging and shouty and moody, but what women isn't?

Now she's stuck in a marriage with an exceptionally dangerous, cunning, vicious, conniving cunt of a man who'd happily poison a child, and no doubt worse, just so he can continue his current reign. It isn't done for family anymore, despite how much Walt tries to believe it is, its his own corrupting greed that's destroying everything, and naturally she's terrified due to the kids, and her own realisation that taking the money, rather than running, has brought about what she believes will ultimately be her demise.

I've a feeling she'll top herself, or Walt will murderise her. Gilligan has stated (not exact words) that Walt does something so, so despicable this season, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Skylar and the kids go up in flames, I really wouldn't put it past him. He'll remember Gus being pretty much alone and realise the success that brought about. He's one hundred percent in fuck everyone but me mode (car for Walt Jr just being a 'fuck you Skylar' thing imo).
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skret: re: gunshot, done a little digging and allegedly the last tick of the watch was replaced just to build tension.
    Aha, good.  It worked.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Look at, and interact with the DEA Evidence Board:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/breaking-bad/dea-evidence-board

Nifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Also, can/could anyone else see the ricin affecting/killing Holly?

I don't know how, but it'd link back to Walt and Brock.
  • I mean, I know you can use her greed as a negative, and probably Ted, but I don't see either as a problem from her. Ted was born from her frustration with Walt's consistent lying, his constant disappearances and time away from the family, the money was born from his need for his treatment, and her desire to see her family sorted for life (at that point she had absolutely no idea the level Walt was at), and yeah, she's a bit nagging and shouty and moody, but what women isn't? Now she's stuck in a marriage with an exceptionally dangerous, cunning, vicious, conniving cunt of a man who'd happily poison a child, and no doubt worse, just so he can continue his current reign. It isn't done for family anymore, despite how much Walt tries to believe it is, its his own corrupting greed that's destroying everything, and naturally she's terrified due to the kids, and her own realisation that taking the money, rather than running, has brought about what she believes will ultimately be her demise. I've a feeling she'll top herself, or Walt will murderise her. Gilligan has stated (not exact words) that Walt does something so, so despicable this season, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Skylar and the kids go up in flames, I really wouldn't put it past him. He'll remember Gus being pretty much alone and realise the success that brought about. He's one hundred percent in fuck everyone but me mode (car for Walt Jr just being a 'fuck you Skylar' thing imo).

Nice reply. I defo think the two cars are a 'fuck you' to Skylar, and the general attitude of 'oh we must hide!' Walt is clearly thinking he's had enough with his bullshit life and wants to start enjoying himself.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    As far as I can tell, he wants to 'be' Gus, but at this point has no actual idea how to live that life. The Chileans (no doubt due in Gus' alleged flashback) will play a major part come the final eight.
  • Well Fring was manager of...8 chicken places? So he could live a bit of a high earner lifestyle and get away with it. The carwash doesn't seem the type of business that would generate that much dollar.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aye, Skylar's already stated that she's struggling to cope with such wads and such.

Also a theory going around that the watch is bugged, and Jesse may have gone full rat, brought on by the inclusion of Ratatouille (and the gunshot/load) being viewed in the recent episode. 'The Rat Who Cooks'....that, or its just an analogy which is the more probable.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!