Ask the Bear & Badger
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You can always turn it on and just feel the different elements.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Depends what you want it for. Are you letting the kids near it?

Generally, no. Think glorified flash card. Maybe they'll press a button to roll a die or go to the next image, but most often I'll be holding it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Can an original Xbox be used to get online? I know Xbox Live was discontinued, but does it have any form of browser?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I don't think so, at least not natively, but there was a huge mod-scene for that thing, so I bet some of the media players added a browser or something
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Don't think so. If memory serves, there was talk of a browser if you modded it.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Cock well in son.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I didn't have an OG XBox though so not gospel, just remember PS3 browser being a big deal and touted as first console web browser
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I've found something called LinksBoks.

I'd imagine that you'd face 2 issues using it now though, memory restrictions, and browser incompatibility.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I didn't have an OG XBox though so not gospel, just remember PS3 browser being a big deal and touted as first console web browser
    By people who never had a Dreamcast?!
    Had a modded OG Xbox but never had a browser on it.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Aye, the Dreamcast had a browser.
  • The Gamecube had a Bowser.
  • Mrs Djornsons' uncle died. His wife never liked his sister (Mrs Djornsons' mum) for unknown reasons and is unlikely to let her know when or where the funeral is. This is rather upsetting for Mrs Djornsons mum, she doesn't want any say in when or where, doesn't want any money, just wants to be there and say goodbye. Is there any course of action to be taken? I suggested going to have a chat with a Solicitor and find out what the options are.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Mrs Djornsons' uncle died. His wife never liked his sister (Mrs Djornsons' mum) for unknown reasons and is unlikely to let her know when or where the funeral is. This is rather upsetting for Mrs Djornsons mum, she doesn't want any say in when or where, doesn't want any money, just wants to be there and say goodbye. Is there any course of action to be taken? I suggested going to have a chat with a Solicitor and find out what the options are.

There’s no specific way to find out as far as I know, but there are a few options. The obvious one is to check death notices in the local paper (there are web sites that can help you search for these if she’s not local).

Failing that she could try ringing the local crematorium if he’s likely to be cremated, or again checking online. (Our local crematorium lists all the services currently booked in by name on their website.). If none of that works, then she could try contacting any undertakers who work in your uncle’s area...

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    By people who never had a Dreamcast?!

o/\o

• Anyone here use that Monzo mob for their bank account? Looking to seriously budget and the tools on their app sound like making the switch worthwhile.

I get paid weekly so can you set up money pools for monthly subs like Amazon, Spotify etc so it takes the weekly amount for them if you put in the date they come out?
  • I hear its good but not made the switch myself. Might do, will be doing some research soon for sure. Total novice when it comes to banking, have some savings that are doing nothing, but not sure what to do with them either.

Less intense question - me and Ev want to get some frames for the posters we've acrued over the years. We're pretty happy with the current flat so might be here for at least another year. We currently have a 5+ posters to frame and put up - does anyone know anywhere on the high street or online that does decent budget frames? Ikea do a size that has £6 and £19 variants, but obviously that only fits one of our posters. The rest are all different sizes because of course they are. Really don't want to break the bank over this.
  • Wilkinsons. All my frames are from there, they have several different styles.
  • Wilkinsons. All my frames are from there, they have several different styles.

Aye, that.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I don;t thinkt here's a Wilkos in the centre of glasgow, but they do have online. Sadly it seems all the sizes I have don't if their sizes? 17x11, 24x18, 20x13 is what I need doin' Hum hum.

Trying to avoid Amazon if I can.
  • Keeping an eye on frame answers too as I need to frame the amazing Outrun print Moot got me.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    https://www.easy-frame.co.uk/

Check this place out, to compare prices. It does custom sizes too, but I imagine posters should fit a standard frame dimensions (even if a small mount is required). They have 25% off today too.
  • Anyone here use that Monzo mob for their bank account? Looking to seriously budget and the tools on their app sound like making the switch worthwhile. I get paid weekly so can you set up money pools for monthly subs like Amazon, Spotify etc so it takes the weekly amount for them if you put in the date they come out?
    A fair few of my friends who are couples use them as a joint account for fun money (drinks, food, cinema etc) to save on splitting bills, remembering who paid last time. I believe it works well as groups as well where it is easy to quickly transfer money to other users.

If you are using it is your main account I would be a bit wary.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2qS0HM6nBkcPMx0W8t7fqVJ/monzo
    This was a few months back on BBC's Watchdog. Monzo were being overzealous with locking accounts for unusual activity but then not unlocking them for weeks, sometimes months. People struggled to get hold of Monzo and when they did got hold of "Geoffrey" in Mumbai reading the script.

Personally I would never use a bank that doesn't have a high street presence as my main bank account that my pay went into or core bills came out of. As a secondary account to help with budgeting it seems fine.
  • Goobs makes a good point there. You can always buy bigger frames (at a standard cheap size) and use a mount. Buy a sheet of mount board at an art shop, cut a hole in it to frame your poster, job done.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Anyone here use that Monzo mob for their bank account? Looking to seriously budget and the tools on their app sound like making the switch worthwhile. I get paid weekly so can you set up money pools for monthly subs like Amazon, Spotify etc so it takes the weekly amount for them if you put in the date they come out?

I'm almost two years deep with Monzo and they're great. I haven't made the step to getting salary paid directly to Monzo account yet but probably will once I start a new proper job. I have all my main bills paid from Lloyds, and send a few hundred quid as spending money to Monzo. Online subscriptions come out of there, and I have a few savings pots set up for small things like a friends stag party that's coming up. You can create as many as you wish, as well as another that rounds up every spend to nearest pound. Really useful, and the spend analysis was one of the things that helped me cut down my drinking seeing how much I was spending in pubs when it categorised my spend accordingly. Transfers and spends are indicated immediately, in the newsagent over the road I often get the notification even before their card machine has indicated the payment has been accepted. I can't comment on overdraft facilities etc as I avoid credit where posssible, but for ease of use and convenience, bloody great, also customer services are brilliant, I had to use a couple of times as my phone was playing up and they got stuff done quickly and the people I spoke to were friendly and knowledgable. Made me want to work for them actually. No monies for referalls anymore but you've nothing to lose by trying them out, so I'd get on it if I were you
  • https://www.easy-frame.co.uk/ Check this place out, to compare prices. It does custom sizes too, but I imagine posters should fit a standard frame dimensions (even if a small mount is required). They have 25% off today too.

Good call but fuck me, £30 for a plain black frame for a 17" by 11" poster. This is going to cost a fortune.
  • Edit: ignore, helps if I read your whole post.

Yeah go with the IKEA ones and cut mounts to size iirc the Ribba frame comes with a mount so just make sure the pre cut window is smaller than your poster. Otherwise it will be bespoke and cost as such.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!