ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Didn't Steam allow game pad for any game??
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • You can definitely override m+k controls through steam - settings - controller. But how this works will depend on the game eg you might have to do some mucking about with the mouse to analog stick sensitivity and stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    There’s also profiles people have setup so you don’t have to necessarily mess about yourself. It’s like having Gurt on demand :-)
  • Looking for a lodger atm, am I being overly paranoid that giving my address out in advance of viewings (to seemingly legit enquiries) could see me burgled? I don't know why I have this fear but it's there. I mean, they'd have to break into the house still.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    So here's a query to the pc mob. I want to play mass effect 1-3 again but on pc and I know 1-2 are native m+k which ain't gonna fly with old H. Can anyone point me 1) in the direction of the best way to play them on gamepad 2) any other ripped mods that will make my experience lit af

I imagine a Steam Controller would be the best bet. It would almost certainly take a bit of tweaking to get it how you like but there should be a few premade profiles to get you started.

If you have a Dualshock 4 then DS4Windows is a great thing, you could make a profile specifically for the game, it has pretty good mouse emulation though I have never tried it for controlling a camera like that.
  • Give the street if you're concerned. People will want to know if the house is in a place that's suitable, but unless it's a street several miles long, they shouldn't need the exact address for that.
  • Give the street if you're concerned. People will want to know if the house is in a place that's suitable, but unless it's a street several miles long, they shouldn't need the exact address for that.

Yeah that's what I do normally, but one woman just asked for the number as well so she knows if she needs to go from the top or bottom of the hill.
  • Ah, I see. Give me your address and I'll let you know.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'll move in, not currently working so place won't be empty, plus I seem to discourage burglars, plus when I leave your (and your neighbours) property will jump 15% in value so woo-hoo
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    So here's a query to the pc mob. I want to play mass effect 1-3 again but on pc and I know 1-2 are native m+k which ain't gonna fly with old H. Can anyone point me 1) in the direction of the best way to play them on gamepad 2) any other ripped mods that will make my experience lit af

I imagine a Steam Controller would be the best bet. It would almost certainly take a bit of tweaking to get it how you like but there should be a few premade profiles to get you started.

If you have a Dualshock 4 then DS4Windows is a great thing, you could make a profile specifically for the game, it has pretty good mouse emulation though I have never tried it for controlling a camera like that.

I do have a steam pad so maybe that's the best.
  • Whisper it...the mako controls better with a keyboard and mouse.

Played all 3 mass effects on K&M without issue. But, you know, I can understand the gamepad preference.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    How do you get engine oil out of a back pack? Someone's scooter in my building's car park leaked and I fell flat on my back. Could I chuck it in the washing machine?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    How do you get engine oil out of a back pack? Someone's scooter in my building's car park leaked and I fell flat on my back. Could I chuck it in the washing machine?

Probably gonna wanna give it a first go over with some dishwashing liquid and a toothbrush (circular motions) or finger + thumb. Then, once you’ve done that for a while give it a go on high in the washing machine (check the tag).
  • Citation: Farmer family, lots of stains to deal with.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Family have also recommended dish soap, so I'll try that. Cheers.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Come 'ere! or Get over 'ere!?

I swear it was always the former on the snes, although whenever I hear/see reference to the move it's nearly always the latter. I prefer the former, it's shorter and more direct imo, although I'm likely tainted by memory.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I always remember it as the latter, but maybe there were more variants in sequels. Why doesn't pitfighter get any fightman love
  • Because it's shite :)

Reading online, some say Scorpion alternated between both in some versions, but I swear it was just Come ere! on snes, so assumed the other was for the MD crew only.
  • I remember it as the latter too. As Cocko says perhaps sequels expanded it. Or maybe it originally had both but the speech samples were trimmed for consoles? Starting to doubt myself now. And glossing over the Pitfighter love comment.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Poofighter was poo, just I always thought MK was as well, except for fatality shock value at time
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Poofighter was poo, just I always thought MK was as well, except for fatality shock value at time

MK's a weird one, it's clunky in a lot of ways but it nails so much, it has heaps of 80s/90s Kung Fu feels, memorable characters, nice horror elements and awesome SFX/BGM. Back in the day I bounced hard off the original when MKII came out as the sequel was so much better, but now I'd rather play the original, it just has something about it. Pitfighter was incomparably worse.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    MK II on SNES was a splendid game. I was crap at it but I still enjoyed the amount of content on offer and its relative slickness for the time. It was a great laugh for casual MP.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Me too. There was loads of hype when MKII was up against SSFII on the MD. I specifically remember taking a copy of CVG away to France with me with Baraka vs T Hawk on the front cover and reading it over and over.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Yeah I loved MKII and it's superior to the first game in pretty much every way, I just have a nostalgic desire for the original atm.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Anyone use Microsoft Teams? Does it work with a Hotmail account? I've installed it seems to be telling me I'm not a part of Teams even though I'm logged in. Hitting the link in the email just seems to start a loop of sending a code which just ends up sending more emails. The link in another email tries to open the app but it immediately closes down. Trying to use the web app tells me I need to enable DOM storage. The android app won't open anything either. No idea what's going on.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What do you want to use it for?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I ask because if you want to join a team, I think you need a coprate account where someone has added your account to the "team"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!