Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Pattern in that context will mean code thats like "this must be between 5 and 500 characters long and just contain letters and full stops" maybe. Hard to know what though, could be dumb code if it doesn't tell you what the constraints are & you want to use something sensible that it blocks. Got any unusual punctuations? Maybe written too much / too little?? Can you try different things and then edit?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Could be getting rejected by the web application firewall. Its very much pattern driven tech.

WAFs are used as another line of defence behind a web form's validation checks.

Typically a WAF is run on learning mode until the typical usage patterns are defined then the admins will put it into hardened security mode after which any data out of the ordinary will be rejected.

However if the learning phase didn't run long enough to experience all possibilities then this can happen. It could also happen if the web form has been changed by the devs making the data entry look different enough to the WAF resulting in rejection.

Of - course that doesn't really help  @nick_md :(
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yeah i was going to ask if you are using ' " ? ! etc, sometimes they can cause issues. Stick to just letters and full stops/commas. If that doesnt work try no full stops/commas. Sometimes copy/paste into the box could cause an issue.
  • Hoping someone can help me, I need some help extracting some links from a webpage. I feel like this should be easier than I'm making it.

This is the page:

https://corbettmaths.com/contents/

(We're using it to put together the home learning links for kids isolating with Covid etc.)

I need to take the contents and stick it in an excel file in the format vidnum|vidURL|worksheetURL|textbookURL|. I've already done it once and cocked it up.

I found a link extractor (https://urlextractor.net/)

Which seemed perfect, I set up a nice spreadsheet so staff at work just needed to enter the number that was relevant to their class(es), I had a mail merge set up to add all the instructions and pull the links through automatically.

But the link extractor I used didn't pull everything through properly, so now I need to start again.

Any ideas how I can get the links in the right order with the relevant text next to it?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Cheers, already got something similar. I ended up borrowing some vb code to strip out the hyperlink tags from the Word. It was a faff but seems to have worked pretty well.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Thank you to the guys who helped - it was indeed needing 500 characters or more.
  • I need to get a new laptop and am wondering what ~£500 will get me - this isn't for gaming, just want something that's not shite and will see me sorted for a number of years. I probably will play some retro FPS, and some other bits and bobs, but mostly indie/retro stuff, not looking to push it. Mainly going to use it for day-to-day admin, general browsing etc.

Any specific tips?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’d pop this in the Build a PC thread and Gurt will come to the rescue.
  • I can check Which? if you like, Nick?
  • I could only find gaming-build specific threads so didn't want to barge in with my old man laptop request!
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I can check Which? if you like, Nick?

That would be great, thanks.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I could only find gaming-build specific threads so didn't want to barge in with my old man laptop request!

Possibly. I just find Gurt knows his stuff in general.

• nick_md wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    I can check Which? if you like, Nick?
    That would be great, thanks.

Can you access this?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    "Signup to reveal product"
  • Kow wrote:
    "Signup to reveal product"

Yeah same - link shows prices but hidden details.
  • OK, I'll see if I can PDF the page.
  • Hasn't PDFd well but it's readable.  Is there still a B&B dropbox and how do I access it?
  • There is - 'b&b dropbox account' in forum talk area.

Cheers!
  • OK, LaptopsInfo.pdf uploaded.  If there are any ones in particular you're interested in let me know and I'll PDF the full reviews.
  • Awesome, thanks Unlikely - I'll take a look.
  • Just realised that article looks like it's a couple of years old so probably not much help.  If there's a current model you have your eye on and want the Which? review I will check for it though.  I'll also see if there are any newer roundup articles.
  • Before I cracked and bought a laptop that was too good for the price, I was looking at a prebuild from palicomp who seemed to be winning plaudits. This seems adjacent to your range:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/palicomp-best-buy-desktop-pc-ryzen-3600-1660super-16gb-b450-ps580-or-b550-ps620-from-palicomp-3549456

Assuming you are able to get a Windows key. You could knock off summat and add a bigger HDD, or just add one later.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Oh wait, laptop. Fuck. For a "conventional" laptop I'd just buy one at John Lewis and get a 2 year warranty off them. In store they have a discounted pile as well, that's what I do.
  • I may as well kick it off because I'm sure others are thinking it.

Anyone got any good recommendations for reusable masks?

I have one which is decent, the type with adjustable straps and the shaped nose bit. I got it off etsy early on though and I cant find the seller and could do with a few to cycle in the wash.

I got some neoprene ones cheap but I'm not at all convinced by their ability to block anything, they are instantly sweaty and itch my stubble.

Masks are everywhere right now but decent ones are harder to come by. Its the fad manufacturers churning out crap and flooding the market, same cunts who made fidget spinners.
  • This is the one all the F1 teams have been using. 

McLaren are selling their branded ones for £35. Profits of those ones go to Mind, and the F1 We Race As One charity.
  • Cheers.
    My initial reaction is !!35 pounds!!.
    But if they are good, last this thing out and they work then maybe they are worth it. Will try to find some reviews by regular folk, F1 teams can treat them as disposable.
  • Airinums, order spare filters. Not cheap, but by far the most comfortable masks I have worn..I have FFP2s, and airinum. I test it with smell. I smell less with airinums. You know what I mean.

And I was using them before this fucking shitshow, for cycling which is what they were for. Sadly, didn't have spare filters and had to wait ages for two packs of 3 filters. I'd get at least one of those packs. New airinum masks come with two filters. Lasts you about 2-3 months each.

You wash the mask, and keep the filter. I put it in direct sunlight then pack - this is to reduce the risk of any bacteria etc developing if you keep reusing the same mask.

Airinums got flooded by demand and have now set up shop in the US. I don't know if this means faster turnaround, I assume that's why they did it.

I recommended them to reg, don't know if he went for them and can give views.

I bought masks from Hong Kong, FFP2. Wasn't cheap, but it was like 150 of them. They're comfortable, but not as tight on my face - I smell more stuff with those. Eg second hand smoke when some twat walks past.
  • I go for an L. It's a girth thing

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!