Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm glad I didn't go back to the game after the initial early access three years ago. I put 30 hours into it but now the locations just seem a bit familiar rather than been there done that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    It works on the Deck but it really shines on the a big PC screen. Plus, it's a game that is made for mouse and keyboard. The Deck controls are a good workaround but not a substitute really

Definitely a compromise, compared to playing on my PC with Ultrawide everything obviously feels too constricted. The main issue is targeting enemies in tricky spots away from your group, much easier on PC. And it kills the steam deck battery.

Really looking forward to the Mac release, so can play the same as PC when away from home. Bit miffed they show the Mac symbol against the full game in the Steam store, misleading as it's now not supposed to be out until after the PS5 version.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm gonna try the first one first I think. See if I like it. Then go deep on second given folk say that's an all timer. Then see how I'm feeling about trying the third... suspect I'll be burnt out in the short term, but maybe tempted when it's cheaper in a bit, if I've enjoyed the first two. We'll see...
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm gonna try the first one first I think. See if I like it. Then go deep on second given folk say that's an all timer. Then see how I'm feeling about trying the third... suspect I'll be burnt out in the short term, but maybe tempted when it's cheaper in a bit, if I've enjoyed the first two. We'll see...

1&2 vastly different games to 3, tbf. Did you spend much, if any, time playing Larian's other stuff? Specifically, Original Sin 2?
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Jesus, this is some game
    You only playing on the Deck Charlie?
    Yeah deck only and will be until mac version is released
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Playing this on my work PC (until the PS5 version is out) and it's cool, but me being at work meant I had to tick the box to hide nudity and boooooooooooooooooooooooo.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

1&2 vastly different games to 3, tbf. Did you spend much, if any, time playing Larian's other stuff? Specifically, Original Sin 2?

Nope, not played that (though I have multiple copies on my pile of shame)... What would you recommend as a good entry point??
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Nope, not played that (though I have multiple copies on my pile of shame)... What would you recommend as a good entry point??

Honestly, i'd just get on Divinity: Original Sin 2. Baldur's Gate 2 is a fun enough time but combat and player freedom will feel very different to 3. Larian stuff tends to be super flexible with letting you fool around with / break systems which seems to have continued into BG3.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Divinity OS 2 is a fantastic game. If you don't like it, apart from being a dick, you most likely won't like BG3.
  • I really want to play BG3 but have to wait for the Xbox version so I thought I'd try Divinity OS 2. Can I find it for less than £40? Can I fuck.

On Xbox or switch I mean.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It's hard to state just how much love I have for the original Baldur's Gate games, but you'd definitely be better off checking out D:OS2 to get a feel for how this will play.

• It's hard to state just how much love I have for the original Baldur's Gate games, but you'd definitely be better off checking out D:OS2 to get a feel for how this will play.

If anyone sees it for a decent sale price please let me know.
    It was sub£20 for a while but since the interest in BG3 built they've whacked it back up to full price
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

If anyone sees it for a decent sale price please let me know.
    It was sub£20 for a while but since the interest in BG3 built they've whacked it back up to full price

If you’ve got Argentinian account and a VPN, it’s about £6 here. It’s easy to do.

https://www.gamivo.com/product/divinity-original-sin-2-us-xbox-one
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I have a VPN, not sure what you mean by an Argentine account?
  • You have to host a Nazi for a week.
  • Fuck that, I don't like hosting guests for a week.

And Nazis. I don't like them either
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Never got on with all the real time RPGs from back in the day, tried a few of them and too much pressure from how they played. This is much more fun with the turn based combat. 

Watched this last night. It’s a really good video and a few nuggets in there that I didn’t think of. For example, I didn’t see the benefit of switching on turn based mode while out of combat but he explains it really well. 

• I have a VPN, not sure what you mean by an Argentine account?

Have you bought from any region other than the UK before? I do it all the time, you set an address from Argentina and that’s it. Use a ARG VPN and redeem the code on your Xbox account
  • Does my Xbox need to run through the VPN because I don't know how to do that
  • All using your phone.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You don't even need to set addresses. Just use the VPN to sign in to your Microsoft account and redeem.
  • This game pulls absolutely no punches at all. The regular balanced difficulty makes Divinity Original Sin 2 feel like a cakewalk. I'm 11 hours in and have had to reload numerous total party wipes and unsalvageable combat situations. I was using high ground to get an advantage in a fight, and a goblin rushed me and shoved my Player Character off the ledge, into a bottomless pit, to her death.

I've stumbled into fights that have decimated me before I can even act, lost characters to action-surging villains who have battered me to death before I can react, had gangs of Gnolls hit me with triple crits from bow flurries, seen my parter taken to half health to one AoE in the first round of combat, had my own spells reflected back in my face, and dozens of other similarly evil combat scenarios.

Really enjoying it, and the scope of the interactions the game allows is just utterly staggering. It's the closest anyone has got to making a game that feels like it has  DM running it, and all the characters are just brilliantly rendered with great writing and animations. It isn't the kind of game I am really very comfortable with because I find myself overwhelmed by the lateral nature of the game, and feel like quick saving and loading is anithetical to living with the decisions you get, but it's impossible to resist the enthusiasm.

There are a few issues that are proving sticking points - mainly around the short and long rest system feeling at odds with the nature of situations the game puts you in - but it's a concession to rendering the whole rulebook into digital form so I am sure it will pass. Knowing that I am basically in the intro still, givne the breadth of what i've seen, is utterly humbling. God knows what's on the way, all I know is I need some more XP as the game has warned me moving on will be "bitterly difficult" for a party of my level. Given how hard it already is... that's pause for thought.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The shove action is brilliant.
  • My current tactic at level 4 is to set up Cloud of Daggers in a choke point, and when they breach it have Gale knock them back through it with Thunderwave. I genuinely cannot survive some fights without the free damage it gives.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What difficulty are you playing on? I'm only on the middle one but I'm already finding that I have to watch the environment for any possible advantages it could give me. Exploding barrels a go go.
  • I started off in the middle, and knocked it down to the easiest after a few brutal fights. Need to recalibrate my brain, and possibly have a proper think about party load out and main character before putting it back up, or settle for a second play through.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've somehow already broken my Paladin oath and am due a severe talking to from some armoured guy at the campsite. Not sure how bad it's going to be.
  • Need pics of your characters, guys.
  • Kow wrote:
    You don't even need to set addresses. Just use the VPN to sign in to your Microsoft account and redeem.

That’s good then. It’s easy to do Wookie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!